Nikki Haley reveals Tillerson, Kelly privately discussed resisting Trump: ‘It was offensive’

weve-seen-a-complete-subversion-of-our-political-system-as-9435042.png

Don't know if that's an accurate quote, and I'd never trust a Googly Image for accuracy, but yes the sentiment is correct.

It's also entirely irrelevant here.

If the Trumpybear considers or gives an illegal order, these officials were actually helping him by giving him facts not fictions, like yes men do.

Methinks that's why they don't get it. In the world of the obsequious authoritarian sycophant you just follow orders without question, in much the same way you quote Fox Noise or Hateway Plundit or PreggerU without question. They don't seem to get that ALL of these people work for us, not for Rump.

Now I directly quote POGO himself;

"The cabinet isn't elected. It can't do the will of the voters."

IOW, they can't work for us. They work for the President.

They swear an oath to work for the United States and the Constitution.

I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

So now tell me, how is undermining the will of the president's policies, and those who elected him and want to see those policies enacted, supporting and defending the Constitution? :dunno:

Once again- you seem to think that the President is the United States.

Every official has the responsibility to follow their oath of office to the best of their understanding.

Not to kiss the ass of the President.

Pssshhhh. . . each and every last one of them are more concerned with making money.

They are all corporate whores.

Don't tell a political scientist how the revolving door works. They all know who butters the bread, and they do what they are told or else risk access to the gravy train.

I don't think the President IS the United States. I KNOW that they have a duty to the folks that elected him, to enact his policies, not stay true to the corporate overlords, the international banking system, WallStreet, the MSM, the CFR, and the intel community that run the interlocking directorates, the iron triangles and the revolving doors.

It is YOU that has not a clue about what is going on.

Unless you can name, chapter and verse, why they betrayed him, and what Constitutional principal they were staying true to? YOU ARE FULL OF PARTISAN BULLSHIT.

CABINET CLASH
Haley claims Kelly, Tillerson tried to get her to UNDERMINE Trump

One thing the treasonous conspirators all seem to agree on is that THEY and only THEY knew / know what is best for the country, and it was / is THEIR duty to UNDERMINE / REMOVE the President from power. Screw the voters, our election system, the Constitution, Rule of Law - THEY had / have to 'SAVE' the country from 'ALL OF THAT'.

"Nikki Haley, President Donald Trump's former ambassador to the United Nations, claims in a new book that two of his top advisers tried to "undermine" the president to "save the country."

"...she claims that former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House chief of staff John Kelly tried to recruit her into that effort. She says she refused."

THIS is called TREASON!

Nikki Haley says Kelly, Tillerson tried to get her to resist Trump to 'save the country'

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no it isn't.

"Treason" is action taken against one's own country. What you have here would describe actions taken to curb an out-of-control POTUS. *BIG* difference.

This may come as a shock to y'all cult followers but Doornail Rump is not a country.
except you don't get to define "out of control" now do you? not your job but hey - make shit up and make it SOUND like it's your job.

I did not purport to DEFINE "out of control" --- that would be up to those who see it that way, wouldn't it.

Can you READ?
Enough to know you are still a dumbass.

Methinks that's why they don't get it. In the world of the obsequious authoritarian sycophant you just follow orders without question, in much the same way you quote Fox Noise or Hateway Plundit or PreggerU without question. They don't seem to get that ALL of these people work for us, not for Rump.

I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

So now tell me, how is undermining the will of the president's policies, and those who elected him and want to see those policies enacted, supporting and defending the Constitution? :dunno:

Every official has the responsibility to follow their oath of office to the best of their understanding.

I KNOW that they have a duty to the folks that elected him, to enact his policies, not stay true to the corporate overlords, the international banking system, WallStreet, the MSM, the CFR, and the intel community that run the interlocking directorates, the iron triangles and the revolving doors..

directorates?
iron triangles?

Did you forget to list the Illuminati?

Again- they have a duty to protect and serve the United States. They have absolutely no duty to the folks that 'elected him'- nor does the President have a duty to the 'people who elected him'- the President is supposed to be the President to all Americans- not just those who attend his rallies.

Unless you can name, chapter and verse, why they betrayed him, and what Constitutional principal they were staying true to? YOU ARE FULL OF PARTISAN BULLSHIT.

'why they betrayed him'

And this goes to show what partisan bullshit you are full of.

That all you care about is your perceived betrayal of Donald Trump by people who are supposed to be serving the United States.

i wonder if she told Trump, contemporaneously, that his Chief of Staff and SoS were trying to work around him, or if she saved that secret for her book tour. At this point, it can't be welcome news to anyone on the right that Kelly and Tillerson thought Trump wasn't up to the job.

Nikki Haley responds to Gorka: 'I did' tell Trump of concerns about Kelly and Tillerson
By John Bowden - 11/11/19 04:34 PM EST

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley fired back at Sebastian Gorka, a former White House staffer, on Monday after Gorka accused Haley of not informing President Trump that two Cabinet officials had approached her about undermining the president.

Gorka, who left the White House in August of 2017, questioned on Twitter why Haley didn't "tell the President about Tillerson and Kelly’s subversion," referring to Haley's claim that former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and White House chief of staff John Kelly had asked her to join them in working around Trump to curb decisions they saw as unwise.

In a tweet, Haley responded: "I did. Thank you for your interest."​

Of course, what's she supposed to say - admitting she's left the incompetent goof in the Oval Office in the dark about the growing conspiracy against him?

Also, both Kelly and Tillerson disputed Haley's account. Both claimed they didn't work to undermine "the President". None denied they worked to thwart the overgrown baby's destructive impulses, and none denied they considered the man child incompetent.

Kelly:

“If by resistance and stalling she means putting a staff process in place…to ensure the [President] knew all the pros and cons of what policy decision he might be contemplating so he could make an informed decision, then guilty as charged,” Kelly told CBS News in response to Haley’s account.​

Tillerson:

Mr. Kelly disputed Ms. Haley in a statement on Sunday and Mr. Tillerson added his own refutation on Monday. “During my service to our country as the secretary of state, at no time did I, nor to my direct knowledge did anyone else serving along with me, take any actions to undermine the president,” Mr. Tillerson said in a statement.

While he offered Mr. Trump frank advice, he said, once the president made a decision, he did his best to carry it out. “Ambassador Haley was rarely a participant in my many meetings and is not in a position to know what I may or may not have said to the president,” Mr. Tillerson added.​

That's interesting and raises other questions, doesn't it? We'll see if her book addresses that point.
Wasn't it Tillerson the one who called ,in other words, trump a flaming schmuck?
No, ed. Tillerson just called Trump a moron, simple and succinct.

I KNOW that they have a duty to the folks that elected him, to enact his policies, not stay true to the corporate overlords, the international banking system, WallStreet, the MSM, the CFR, and the intel community that run the interlocking directorates, the iron triangles and the revolving doors..

directorates?
iron triangles?

Again- they have a duty to protect and serve the United States. They have absolutely no duty to the folks that 'elected him'- nor does the President have a duty to the 'people who elected him'- the President is supposed to be the President to all Americans- not just those who attend his rallies.

You are a joke and show that you do not know what you are talking about.

Interlocking directorate - Wikipedia

Iron triangle (US politics) - Wikipedia

Revolving door - Wikipedia

geke.png
13532923_534185260107188_3265892028976735149_n.jpg
7.jpeg
8VwJQBo.png
q1NfP.jpg
keystone.jpg
FannieMaeVenn.001.jpg
PParenthoodVenn.001.jpg
Ford.001-e1502401245182.jpg
WalmartVenn.001.jpg
e252b9e4e2575a4ace2195308940023c.jpg
22.jpg
61.jpg
19.jpg

'why they betrayed him'

That all you care about is your perceived betrayal of Donald Trump by people who are supposed to be serving the United States.

I do not care one whit about Trump. Personally? I have no use for him or his politics.

I care only for the process, not the politics.

The system has been corrupted by partisans.

If the same shit were going on and #Resistance were being used as a strategy against the other party? It would be equally outrageous. Is this a nation of laws and politics, or are we at war?

The slogan "#Resistance" implies a state of war, not civil compromise. You do not care to give an inch, or compromise with those who legitimately won the administrative branch.

Though, to be honest, the other party is just the same. And yet, they gave Obama the civil servants he desired, the same could never have been said for Trump. Trump was always, and has always been scrambling for a cabinet that would meet the approval of D.C. insiders. The establishment is more beholden to global interests than it is to the American voter.

CABINET CLASH

One thing the treasonous conspirators all seem to agree on is that THEY and only THEY knew / know what is best for the country, and it was / is THEIR duty to UNDERMINE / REMOVE the President from power. Screw the voters, our election system, the Constitution, Rule of Law - THEY had / have to 'SAVE' the country from 'ALL OF THAT'.

"Nikki Haley, President Donald Trump's former ambassador to the United Nations, claims in a new book that two of his top advisers tried to "undermine" the president to "save the country."

"...she claims that former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House chief of staff John Kelly tried to recruit her into that effort. She says she refused."

THIS is called TREASON!

Nikki Haley says Kelly, Tillerson tried to get her to resist Trump to 'save the country'

"Treason" is action taken against one's own country. What you have here would describe actions taken to curb an out-of-control POTUS. *BIG* difference.

This may come as a shock to y'all cult followers but Doornail Rump is not a country.
except you don't get to define "out of control" now do you? not your job but hey - make shit up and make it SOUND like it's your job.

I did not purport to DEFINE "out of control" --- that would be up to those who see it that way, wouldn't it.

Can you READ?

--- Because YOU can't read??

Don't know if that's an accurate quote, and I'd never trust a Googly Image for accuracy, but yes the sentiment is correct.

It's also entirely irrelevant here.

Whether the quote is accurate or not?

It is spot on and it diagnosis this problem in a nut shell. Your denial is not relevant to the issue.

The sentiment itself, accurate quote or not, is an absolutely spot-on truism. But it has zero to do with whether cabinet members work for the POTUS or for the People. I have no idea where you're trying to go with this but considering you already tried to bring in "rallies" I guess anything is possible,

directorates?
iron triangles?

And in the event a POTUS abuses his job and responsibilities, the cabinet member who soft-pedals or if possible dismisses that abuse, is honoring his or her commitment to the Constitution. Witness again how the staff around Richard Nixon 'covered' for him when he was unstable. What Rump and his childish ego want in terms of blind personal loyalty just ain't part of the Constitution or the job, nor is that what the country hired him for.

CABINET CLASH

THIS is called TREASON!

Can you READ?

why do you seldom, if ever, actually talk issues? you and far too many on here are ONLY here to slam on others for not thinking in the same ever changing way YOU do. i got that loud and clear. yes all i do for you now are an occasional insult back, but it's because you simply can't let someone NOT think like you w/o going on some 5th grade worthy tirade.

we were a divided country before trump, so no - this isn't on him. he can and does take it to new levels in a "hold my beer" fashion but that's par for the course for us all these days.

i don't give a shitstick if you hate trump or not. but my disagreeing with you DOES NOT mean i am on trumps train or whatever. but its the simple minded "binary" people like you that only take things 2 ways - 100% with me | 100% against me.

and its stupid.

'why they betrayed him'

I do not care one whit about Trump. Personally? I have no use for him or his politics.

I care only for the process, not the politics.

The system has been corrupted by partisans.

If the same shit were going on and #Resistance were being used as a strategy against the other party? It would be equally outrageous. Is this a nation of laws and politics, or are we at war?

The slogan "#Resistance" implies a state of war, not civil compromise. You do not care to give an inch, or compromise with those who legitimately won the administrative branch.

Though, to be honest, the other party is just the same. And yet, they gave Obama the civil servants he desired, the same could never have been said for Trump. Trump was always, and has always been scrambling for a cabinet that would meet the approval of D.C. insiders. The establishment is more beholden to global interests than it is to the American voter.
and this is 100% my issue. i'm not a huge fan of how trump does a lot of what he does, but i shudder to think where we'd be if hillary had won and how deep the corruption has really gone.

you can get on trump for saying something he maybe shouldn't have - sure. but when you bypass all that the obama camp did in order to do so then you don't give a damn about the system or others, just you and what YOU want. (not YOU but those YOU's over there!)

i get people hate trump. he makes it very easy. but that doesn't mean he's a criminal nor that he's breaking laws daily just to satisfy someones emotional imbalance. we start impeaching people we don't like that will forever become a part of our process in how we deal with others. along with FISA warrant abuse and spying the left is looking past in order to cash in on their "insurance" policy.

Can you READ?

why do you seldom, if ever, actually talk issues? you and far too many on here are ONLY here to slam on others for not thinking in the same ever changing way YOU do. i got that loud and clear. yes all i do for you now are an occasional insult back, but it's because you simply can't let someone NOT think like you w/o going on some 5th grade worthy tirade.

we were a divided country before trump, so no - this isn't on him. he can and does take it to new levels in a "hold my beer" fashion but that's par for the course for us all these days.

i don't give a shitstick if you hate trump or not. but my disagreeing with you DOES NOT mean i am on trumps train or whatever. but its the simple minded "binary" people like you that only take things 2 ways - 100% with me | 100% against me.

and its stupid.

That's a lovely rant but again, unrelated to what's quoted upstairs. Once again, you took a characterization I attributed hypothetically to a third party, and attributed it to ME. That's got nothing to do with Rumps or shitsticks or holding beers. It's a dishonest read on your part. Ain't that complex.

That's interesting and raises other questions, doesn't it? We'll see if her book addresses that point.

I can think of a few, most notably, which counter-measures to the unfolding conspiracy have been taken, but what do you mean?

Just the obvious ones - what did Trump do when she told him, or did she not really tell him.

Given what we know about Trump, could that reaction have been anything other than to twitter the two out of their jobs immediately? As we know, that hasn't happened, and so Haley's account doesn't look all that credible. At the very least, she's been grossly exaggerating as to the "conspiracy to undermine" the goof.

As I've written elsewhere, making a splash by throwing two under-the-bus personalities under the bus doesn't make sense except in the context of a late-to-be-open 2020 election, but I can't see how that might work out for her. Betting on Trump's removal while feeding into the "incompetent" narrative is fine as far as it goes, but heading into a presidential election with no money, no staff, no organization, at some time in March or April next year doesn't seem promising. I can't figure out that play - if in fact there is one.

Forum List

Back