Nihilism

Cenotaph

2+2=4
May 7, 2012
"God is dead." :)lol:)

Anyways, what are your thoughts on it?

I consider myself a passive nihilist with roots in existential and moral nihilism (although I'm not entirely sure yet... I still need to explore a little further).

Here's a general idea of what it is:
n. 1.a) the denial of the existence of any basis for knowledge or truth
b) the general rejection of customary beliefs in morality, religion, etc.
2. the belief that there is no meaning or purpose in existence

It destroys all the fun in creative living!:tongue:

Nihilism is such a drag. I prefer Hedonist alot more.

you'll grow out of it by your junior year.

you'll probably stop wearing all black and affecting an ineffable air of ennui around the same time.

you're unique, just like everybody else.

I consider myself a passive nihilist with roots in existential and moral nihilism (although I'm not entirely sure yet... I still need to explore a little further).

Count me in. I wonder why we get so much time to think about it. I'm running out of filler.

you'll probably stop wearing all black and affecting an ineffable air of ennui around the same time.

I don't really feel you understand what nihilism is...

Here's my attitude about it: Since life is meaningless, make what you can out of it.

Here's my attitude about it: Since life is meaningless, make what you can out of it.

Why waste the effort ?

Why waste the effort ?

What do you mean? Why waste the effort to live or... what?

Why waste the effort ?

Seems like a lot of effort to invest in making something that's meaningless.

The reason why I choose to live and make what I can out of life is purely subjective and fueled by the desire to do so (which is an innate/biological occurrence that happens with all organisms). If this desire were to end, then I would certainly end my life.

The reason why I choose to live and make what I can out of life is purely subjective and fueled by the desire to do so (which is an innate/biological occurrence that happens with all organisms). If this desire were to end, then I would certainly end my life.

Wouldn't you even give this desire a little time to return ?

I think you really don't want to know what I think about it.

It depends on what I am feeling. If the desire turns into disdain, then I would most certainly not.

It depends on what I am feeling. If the desire turns into disdain, then I would most certainly not.

Well it's the old "to be or not to be" question. I guess everyone has their limits as to how long the are willing feel something. Feeling disdain towards a meaningless existence--interesting.

Well it's the old "to be or not to be" question. I guess everyone has their limits as to how long the are willing feel something. Feeling disdain towards a meaningless existence--interesting.

It's a bit of a contradiction, isn't it? How can you really despise something that is meaningless? That's why I don't see it happening to me. I'm a relatively happy person.

It's a bit of a contradiction, isn't it? How can you really despise something that is meaningless? That's why I don't see it happening to me. I'm a relatively happy person.

How do you explain this happiness to yourself?

By my own definition, I see happiness as being content with what you have.

By my own definition, I see happiness as being content with what you have.

It's a good thing that having things still makes you happy.

They don't necessarily have to be physical objects. It could be my personality or health or my appearance. Theoretically, according to my definition of happiness, I would still be happy if I lost any of these. Of course, I cannot guarantee that this will happen. :lol:

here's my attitude about it:

Forum List

Back