night vision goggles for seat belts!

citatition, fees, permits, and then the lucrative gambling industry
where you can tax those who failed mathematics in school.

:dance:

What ticks me off the most is that this is FEDERAL Nannyism. The Click-it or Ticket program is Federally mandated through funding restrictions that would be applied if you don't comply.

I thought we elected Republican Officials to get rid of this type of inane Nannyism.

From a buddy of mine who's a cop:

"seatbelts and speed enforcement are required because this is a country full of RETARDS, most of whom aren't even to be considered AMATEUR drivers, let alone good drivers, and if we don't force them to behave at least a little bit, they kill each other and everyone else with their shitty habits then sue us for failing to save them from themselves"

It's interesting how police seem to get more and more military equipment.

Super technology for arresting grandma who forgets to click on her belt, but not used for rounding up illegals trespassing on our highways and byways. :wtf:

-Cp said:
From a buddy of mine who's a cop:

"seatbelts and speed enforcement are required because this is a country full of RETARDS, most of whom aren't even to be considered AMATEUR drivers, let alone good drivers, and if we don't force them to behave at least a little bit, they kill each other and everyone else with their shitty habits then sue us for failing to save them from themselves"

What a piss poor attitude toward the public by "public servants". Some cops sound more like gulag officers. (not saying there isn't some truth in what he is saying!)

I suppose the next step is to bring out the tasers to herd the dolts into line! Force them to behave! Force them! Force!

(and be sure to take away their guns)

Years ago my father told me that one day, insurance companies would not pay medical bills, from an accident, if the individual was not wearing a seat belt. It's coming.

Joz said:
Years ago my father told me that one day, insurance companies would not pay medical bills, from an accident, if the individual was not wearing a seat belt. It's coming.

I wouldn't care what requirements an insurance company had as long as I had the CHOICE to buy insurance or not. But I don't. :mad:

Joz said:

That would be a great way to get people to buckle up. Laws that mandate seatbelt use when travelling through 10 MPH senior-citizen zones are retarded.

ScreamingEagle said:
I wouldn't care what requirements an insurance company had as long as I had the CHOICE to buy insurance or not. But I don't. :mad:
Sure you do. You'll go to jail....but you have that choice. :rolleyes:

I'll be the lone supporter..I'm all for whatever makes the law enforcement job easier. I'm for seat belts and speed limits.

I also agree with what the cop above told CP. Seat belts save you and me money. Who do you
think pays to sweep-up the hair teeth and eyeballs of some numb-nut that doesn't
think they should wear a belt when they are ejected in a crash and spread all over the pavement?

gop_jeff said:
That would be a great way to get people to buckle up. Laws that mandate seatbelt use when travelling through 10 MPH senior-citizen zones are retarded.

That would be a great way just to tighten up the laws to control individual behavior with "prevention" as the rationale. Seat belts don't prevent the original cause of accidents. One should have the freedom of choice to wear a seat belt or not. Then we wouldn't have to pay for police to have night vision goggles to spy on us. They could be doing more important things. Seat belt law is just a law pushed by the controlling insurance companies so they don't have to pay out as much for injuries suffered during an accident.

Instead, there should be stricter laws against those who CAUSE the accidents - typically due to drinking or drugging or irresponsible speeding. Slap THEM with huge penalties so they will never do it again or even do it in the first place. I am so sick of the greater general public being subjected to behavior controls due to the bad behavior of a few jerks who need to be kicked off the highways.

Behavior control starts with seemingly rational things like "for safety" or "for the children" and progressively infiltrates society. It's gotten so bad that we practically have thought control now. Policemen are becoming the enforcers of behavior control - look at them slapping handcuffs on children today.

The auto insurance industry is controlling your behavior and your pocketbook with regard to cars. How is it that an individual line of business can force this on you? (i know: weak & liberal politicians & a liberal press)

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
I saw something like this in my home town about 8 years ago.
The police put all these donation jars out at the gas stations
so they could get night vision cameras in their cars.
Not one penny was ever put in the jars!

ScreamingEagle said:
Can you believe this? Police are now using night vision goggles in order to catch people at night who are not using their seat belts!

The "brave new world" is closing in on us more every day. :mad:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/4558804/detail.html

It's a law... the police are enforcing it... so what.

Wear your seat belt and you won't have a problem, AND you'll be obeying the law.

Myself, that's the very first thing I do when I get in my vehicle, buckle up. I'd feel odd and unsafe if I DIDN'T wear by belt. The way the morons drive here in Reno, I'm tempted to put a 5-POINT HARNESS in my truck.

Seatbelts save lives and stuff, but I can't stand them.
I also knew a few people who might be alive today if
they were not wearing one.

Pale Rider said:
It's a law... the police are enforcing it... so what.

Wear your seat belt and you won't have a problem, AND you'll be obeying the law.

Myself, that's the very first thing I do when I get in my vehicle, buckle up. I'd feel odd and unsafe if I DIDN'T wear by belt. The way the morons drive here in Reno, I'm tempted to put a 5-POINT HARNESS in my truck.

I agree. My brother says that for every 1 that can't exit due to a seat belt, umpteen lives are saved. I was complaining about a wound my dad has, my brother didn't seem put off at all-though for a fact I know he used to faint at the sight of blood.

He said, "When you've seen people go partially through a windshield, then hit again and be forced back in, this is nothing." He's seen too many decapitations and such from auto accidents. He gave my kids their driving lessons! :laugh:

Mr. P said:
I'll be the lone supporter..I'm all for whatever makes the law enforcement job easier. I'm for seat belts and speed limits.

I also agree with what the cop above told CP. Seat belts save you and me money. Who do you
think pays to sweep-up the hair teeth and eyeballs of some numb-nut that doesn't
think they should wear a belt when they are ejected in a crash and spread all over the pavement?

I am willing to pay extra for personal freedom (I wear my belt all the time, I am a volunteer firefighter), and to allow the Darwin effect to take place.

Forum List

Back