Night Time Reno Skyline

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Since Reno is in a valley, anywhere outside of the middle of town and you can usually get this view. I see this every time I pull into my apartments. I took this from on top of this little bank right behind my apartments.

My town...

home0027.JPG

UsaPride said:
That's beautiful Pale! Lucky you! :D

And I zoomed in on it some so that my Canon S50 would focus. I didn't want to try and manually focus it at night. But if you're standing there taking in the whole valley all lit and sparkling, yeah it's awesome, and I consider myself very lucky to be able to live in such a cool town.

Pale, you could make that picture into a postcard. That would be cool.
Go into the postcard business! :thup:

UsaPride said:
Pale, you could make that picture into a postcard. That would be cool.
Go into the postcard business! :thup:

Actually there's a cooler view from the northeast. You can see the huge bubble dome of the 3-D Imax theater. I might take one from there sometime. I took the one above because that's what I see from my direction.

Here's looking down that way in the day, and the bottom apartment to the left of the big breeze way is mine. $745 a month for that. Ya believe it?

Postcard biz aye? :D

home0019.JPG

Said1 said:
What's with the pink building in the first picture? Is that where all the queers stay when they're in town? :poke:

Yes, the epicenter of the gaudiest little town in America. But that's what happens when you give Stevie Wonder a decorating license.

nakedemperor said:
Yes, the epicenter of the gaudiest little town in America. But that's what happens when you give Stevie Wonder a decorating license.

And there ya go again, "the gaudiest little town in America"... now you're knocking my town.

Well that's it you little fucking faggot. The gloves are off. You want to bring it, now you've got it.

It's Las Vegas. It's The Strip. It's *meant* to be gaudy. It's meant to stand out from 50,000 feet in the air.

when you fly into Vegas at night at first it's dark, then you come over the mountains into the valley and the whole sky lights up.......It's one of the most amazing sights you will ever see!!!

Pale Rider said:
And I zoomed in on it some so that my Canon S50 would focus. I didn't want to try and manually focus it at night. But if you're standing there taking in the whole valley all lit and sparkling, yeah it's awesome, and I consider myself very lucky to be able to live in such a cool town.

Great shot--did you have to use a tripod ? night shots can be tough!

Okay Pale...road trip..maybe in the spring...Take the camera..Donners' pass.
I've flown over it, but never saw it from the ground, pics!pics!.
http://members.aol.com/DanMRosen/donner/

It's amazing folks, you can still see the wagon trails (ruts) to the west across the Country from altitude. More amazing is the terrain they (the pioneers) overcame! It is amazing that anyone would have ever made it to the coast.
*did I say amazing*

Pale Rider said:
And there ya go again, "the gaudiest little town in America"... now you're knocking my town.

Well that's it you little fucking faggot. The gloves are off. You want to bring it, now you've got it.

Um, what? I'm not sure how calling a spade a spade is 'knocking your town'. Just as Shattered said, its MEANT to be gaudy. Are you going to verbally abuse her too?

The gloves are off? So ticking my reputation is what, a right jab? Come on man, let's be nice. I'm sorry to have offended your town, I'm sure its very nice. New York City can be utterly gaudy as well, e.g. Time Square, but like Shattered said, that's kind of the point.

Pale Rider said:
Since Reno is in a valley, anywhere outside of the middle of town and you can usually get this view. I see this every time I pull into my apartments. I took this from on top of this little bank right behind my apartments.

My town...

home0027.JPG

nice pic!

spent 5 years of my life on muir drive under the "N"

nakedemperor said:
Um, what? I'm not sure how calling a spade a spade is 'knocking your town'. Just as Shattered said, its MEANT to be gaudy. Are you going to verbally abuse her too?

The gloves are off? So ticking my reputation is what, a right jab? Come on man, let's be nice. I'm sorry to have offended your town, I'm sure its very nice. New York City can be utterly gaudy as well, e.g. Time Square, but like Shattered said, that's kind of the point.

Clean out your mail box twerp!

Said1 said:
Clean out your mail box twerp!

I don't know what that means.. I thought only Pale called me twerp.. poop. Well, that and "you little fucker" or "faggot". Twerp was kind of growing on me.

nakedemperor said:
I don't know what that means.. I thought only Pale called me twerp.. poop. Well, that and "you little fucker" or "faggot". Twerp was kind of growing on me.

It's a term of endearment. Twerp, brat, shithead, MIT (my ex-husband's name spelled backwards) witch - all words I reserve for people I like. :smoke:

Forum List

Back