Night of the Nerd

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
The nerd prepared. Then she skewered her opponent.

In part, Dana Milbank wrote, "But Monday night was the revenge of the nerd.

Trump was louder and nastier. But Clinton was cool and measured, continuing to make her case while Trump tried to talk over her. Again and again, she put him on the defensive, and his one-line retorts did not serve him well.

Clinton speculated that he wasn't releasing his tax returns because he hadn't paid income tax for several years.

"It would be squandered," Trump said, not denying the allegation.

Clinton noted that Trump hadn't paid federal income taxes for several years previously.

"That makes me smart," he said.

Clinton accused Trump of rooting for the housing market to collapse in 2006.

"That's called business," Trump said.

At one point, Trump took a dig at Clinton because she "decided to stay home," presumably to practice for the debate. Clinton was ready: "I think Donald just criticized me for preparing for this debate. And, yes, I did. And you know what else I prepared for? I prepared to be president."
Dana Milbank: What worked for Trump in the primaries failed him against Clinton

Donnie Two Times will lose if he does not change his narrative on debate night.

Trump was louder and nastier. But Clinton was cool and measured, continuing to make her case while Trump tried to talk over her. Again and again, she put him on the defensive, and his one-line retorts did not serve him well.

Clinton speculated that he wasn't releasing his tax returns because he hadn't paid income tax for several years.

Clinton noted that Trump hadn't paid federal income taxes for several years previously.

At one point, Trump took a dig at Clinton because she "decided to stay home," presumably to practice for the debate. Clinton was ready: "I think Donald just criticized me for preparing for this debate. And, yes, I did. And you know what else I prepared for? I prepared to be president."

While all his rubes pay mortgages and taxes on their trailer houses and trailer park rent

Trump looked like he cared. Like he had heart. He might not, but that's how it looked.
Hillary looked like a robot.

How did she manage to stay upright?

She surely had him on the defense.. She drove him to the cliff and let him jump off without him even realizing it.
yea her and the moderator

Trump has done well by not having to practice.. He does come off honest.......He will have to practice and study to get facts and replies now in the most important debates of his run.
I didn't feel it was the moderator at all...

She surely had him on the defense.. She drove him to the cliff and let him jump off without him even realizing it.
yea her and the moderator

Trump has done well by not having to practice.. He does come off honest.......He will have to practice and study to get facts and replies ..
I didn't feel it was the moderator at all...

I only said that because I thought it was weird that he asked trump 2 questions about "scandals". When it came to Hillary, all it was was "yes, what about the emails" and her 10 second response was sufficient. A government employee being investigated by the FBI and 10 seconds clarified it?
What response is ok in a debate with it only being 10 seconds? Especially about ebing investigated by the FBI...

Forum List

Back