Night of the Living Dead (1968) on AMC

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Night of the Living Dead (1968) is on AMC all night tonight. It looks like they will be showing parts of an interview with Romero as well. Over forty years later, another Dead film will be released within the next year.

Night of the Living Dead is one of the top ten horror movies of all time hands down. It was the spark that created one of the most famous genres in Horror. It came out in a time where the Vietnam War was doing badly and race relations were coming to a boil. This movie spoke well about both topics really.

If you haven't seen it before, I recommend watching it. It is definitely worth seeing and is still relevant over forty years later.

obama_zombies_motivator.jpg

Just as fresh and topical as when it first came out

Actually this movie is in black and white, so no good there CF. :eusa_whistle:

AMC is currently showing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde where I am. And then there is the all night marathon of Ghost Hunters on the travel network. I've been flipping back and forth while looking for something more fun to watch.

I saw it when it first came out. I had been with a bunch of my cadet colleagues in the north of our state at an army camp pitching tents for the army to come in a bit later. We got a night off and were bussed into the town to see this film. It was bloody amazing.

AMC is currently showing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde where I am. And then there is the all night marathon of Ghost Hunters on the travel network. I've been flipping back and forth while looking for something more fun to watch.

I was watching Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde earlier except it was on TCM.

Last edited:
I saw it when it first came out. I had been with a bunch of my cadet colleagues in the north of our state at an army camp pitching tents for the army to come in a bit later. We got a night off and were bussed into the town to see this film. It was bloody amazing.

That it is. I personally think that Romero's shining achievement and the best out of the trilogy was Dawn (Dawn of the Dead). However, NOTLD is one of the greatest horror movies of all time in it's own right.

Forum List

Back