Nicholas Wade of the NYT

I never heard of the author, nor the book before this, but based on the little written on V-Dare it sounds interesting and like it would be a natural companion to Dr Kevin MacDonald's work. I'd like to read some realistic reviews before buying it though.

"The only time my education was interrupted was when I was in school." George Bernard Shaw

Egad this nonsense again. Any person old enough to have a thought and know a few people knows that people come in all shapes sizes and everything else. If you want to categorize people according to just about anything have at it. I think all racists are stupid - am I being prejudiced? I don't think so and I have the statistics to prove it.

The Bell Curve - RationalWiki

"Intelligence is often equated with academic achievement. Ironically, one alert to switched-off intelligence is vociferous declaration that one’s level of schooling is a definitive measure of intellect correlative with an immutable bell-curve of IQ scores and indelible genetic factors. The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life, exemplifies the level of rabid ignorance attainable by highly educated people." Dr. Carl Sagan PluribusOne

Sagan's book is highly recommended. Should be required reading, covers all this nonsense.

book review - The Demon-Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark- The Skeptic s Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Sagan is his own best example of rabid ignorance, confusing infinity with rational numbers in order to "prove" the occurrence of highly unlikely events.

Forum List

Back