Nice To Be Back

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Its been almost three months since I last was able to visit and comment on USMB. I guess some rather big things have happened since (Sir Evil left for a while, Merlin1047 had some serious health issues, etc etc). I hope everyone has been doing well and enjoying their summer.
If not, join the club, I enjoyed 3 months at sea onboard an aircraft carrier that's falling apart faster than we can fix it. Oh well :smoke: nothing a good in port maintenance period can't fix (for now). I missed USMB and the great people who inhabit it (and even the slimeballs who troll), and its nice to be able to see you all again.

NATO AIR said:
Its been almost three months since I last was able to visit and comment on USMB. I guess some rather big things have happened since (Sir Evil left for a while, Merlin1047 had some serious health issues, etc etc). I hope everyone has been doing well and enjoying their summer.
If not, join the club, I enjoyed 3 months at sea onboard an aircraft carrier that's falling apart faster than we can fix it. Oh well :smoke: nothing a good in port maintenance period can't fix (for now). I missed USMB and the great people who inhabit it (and even the slimeballs who troll), and its nice to be able to see you all again.

:dance: I was hoping you were coming back via that email. You back in Japan?

Kathianne said:
:dance: I was hoping you were coming back via that email. You back in Japan?

Yep, and I'm ahead of me ship. Ooo the hate I feel from it right now, everyone else still floating around doing JASEX and me sitting on the beach, briefing commanders and high-ranking contractors and working long hours.

:banana:

Kathianne, I thought you were on vacation now?

Nice to be back everyone, I missed you all!

NATO AIR said:
Yep, and I'm ahead of me ship. Ooo the hate I feel from it right now, everyone else still floating around doing JASEX and me sitting on the beach, briefing commanders and high-ranking contractors and working long hours.

:banana:

Kathianne, I thought you were on vacation now?

Nice to be back everyone, I missed you all!

LOL, gone and back. Left last Tuesday, returned Monday. Had a great time. Took Derek to the university today, 4 hours each way. :sleep:

NATO AIR said:
That was fast.... wow. Hope you had a great time!

Hey we fit in what we could. Seems Universal Studios wins hands down over Disneyworld-well after 10 visits or so, gets old.

Boca Raton is really beautiful.

Mr. P said:
YOU CAME THROUGH GEORGIA and didn't let us KNOW!!!!!!!!:splat:

Didn't think anyone would want to meet with 3 twenty-somethings and me. :laugh:

Long drive, we had fun. Good thing about the kids being musical-they sing great together.

We did get stuck in a horrendous tie up on the interstate leaving GA. They closed the damned road for hours. We were stuck 2, before they detoured us around it. The state police did say it was fatal accident.

Kathianne said:
Didn't think anyone would want to meet with 3 twenty-somethings and me. :laugh:

Long drive, we had fun. Good thing about the kids being musical-they sing great together.

We did get stuck in a horrendous tie up on the interstate leaving GA. They closed the damned road for hours. We were stuck 2, before they detoured us around it. The state police did say it was fatal accident.

sounds like one of my road trips from Miami to NC to visit the parents or to DC to visit my bro. always some kind of accident in GA or SC.

Glad you had fun. Too bad y'all missed Mr. P's cooking.

NATO AIR said:
sounds like one of my road trips from Miami to NC to visit the parents or to DC to visit my bro. always some kind of accident in GA or SC.

Glad you had fun. Too bad y'all missed Mr. P's cooking.

That's true, could have eaten! Dumb me! :laugh: A guy in a truck though did offer a beer! :shocked: That would not happen around here.

Mr. P said:
A beer? Damn...you must be a FOX!
NOW I'M really upset!! :dev1:

LOL! Probably had more to do with Son #1, telling the daughter, known to family as THE Princess, to shut up or he would smack her! :laugh: Think the guy was taking pity on me!

Kathianne said:
LOL! Probably had more to do with Son #1, telling the daughter, known to family as THE Princess, to shut up or he would smack her! :laugh: Think the guy was taking pity on me!

:laugh: what a great road trip it must have been. nice to be with all the kids though i bet.

NATO AIR said:
:laugh: what a great road trip it must have been. nice to be with all the kids though i bet.

Oh yea, 21 hours in the car-I'm trying to concentrate on the high points or I may never get in the car with them again. Funny how normally well-adjusted, mature young adults can revert to pre-adolescence when confined to the back seat with mom driving. :bang3:

Forum List

Back