nice story

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
couldn't find a link to the story.....forworded to me by my GOP friends

Subject: Denzel Washington
Subject: Brooks Army Medical Center

Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troups at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio,Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers that have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the States, especially burn victims. They have buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base but as you can imagine, they are almost completely filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question I have is why does Alec Baldwin, Modonna, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America crap and this doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the base newspaper in San Antonio.

manu1959 said:
couldn't find a link to the story.....forworded to me by my GOP friends

Subject: Denzel Washington
Subject: Brooks Army Medical Center

Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troups at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio,Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers that have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the States, especially burn victims. They have buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base but as you can imagine, they are almost completely filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question I have is why does Alec Baldwin, Modonna, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America crap and this doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the base newspaper in San Antonio.

Mr. P is right, here was the original post and site-snopes info follows in the thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19705&highlight=denzel

Mr. P said:
Denzel Washington whipped out his checkbook and "wrote a check out for the full amount (for a new Fisher House) right there on the spot": False.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

But he did make a large contribution.. :D

ANY contribution is better than the traitorous rantings of most Hollyweird elitists who for some reason think because they are entertainers it gives them special insight into world politics.

GunnyL said:
ANY contribution is better than the traitorous rantings of most Hollyweird elitists who for some reason think because they are entertainers it gives them special insight into world politics.
I agree 100%, but we must be accurate when it comes to stories like this, right?

Mr. P said:
I agree 100%, but we must be accurate when it comes to stories like this, right?

I have no problem with debunking the urban legend. Had Denzel done nothing more than show up he'd have done far more than most. Most of that crowd want to dishonestly use their media access to criticize and push their unrealistic political viewpoins on those of us forced to live in the real world.

And as was pointed out, this barely got a squeak. Probably not enough room on page one what with all the GTMO concentration camp/gulag stories.

That he donated money is just another kudo for him.

Forum List

Back