Nice NewsWeek article read...What Bush Got Right

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
I was bored in a waiting room and came acrossed this article. Its good read and shows some insightfull reporting from Fareed Z.

"What Bush Got Right
For the next president, simply reversing this administration's policies is not the answer."

Favorite paragraph...
Disgruntled conservative hard-liners have been dismayed by the administration's policy in many areas, particularly North Korea, Iran and Israel. John Bolton, formerly Bush's U.N. ambassador and a superhawk, publicly makes the case for betrayal. When Burns joined the talks with Iran, Bolton fumed sarcastically on television that the State Department was obviously "doing its best to ensure a smooth transition to the Obama administration." (Obama has long advocated American negotiations with Tehran.) He described Bush's handling of North Korea as a capitulation, comparing him to Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. John Bolton is absolutely right that Bush has changed course fundamentally in many of these areas. Of course, I would celebrate that fact rather than condemn it.

Zakaria: What Bush Got Right | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

That has GOT to be one of the shortest articles ever written if it's written honestly.

The man didn't get a damned thing right as far as I can see.

Two things Bush got right.....

Fighting AIDS in Africa and negotiating with the North Koreans.

But even a blind pig will find an acorn if he roots around enough.

I don't think Bush had much to do with the North Korean talks, and the AIDs fight is ongoing and from everything I have read window dressing and not real aid to Africa. I'm not sure he or the republicans have done anything right for a long long time.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Bet you can't state clearly, without spin or lies, what you claim Bush did right (watch this)..go ahead, let's hear it.
(oh and that's "alot" not "a lot")
Here's a few of his greatest accomplishments that you must be so proud of dumbass.

George W. Bush:
accomplishments as president

* Attacked and took over two countries.
* Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
* Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
* Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
* Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
* First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
* First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
* First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.
* Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.
* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
*Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
* Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.
* Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
* Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
* Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.
* Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
* Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
* Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
* Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
* Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
* My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.
* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).
* First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
* Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
* First president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
* Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
* Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
* First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
* First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
* Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
* Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
* Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
* Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
* First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
* All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
* My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
* Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
* First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
* First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
* First US president to establish a secret shadow government.
* Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
* With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
* First US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
* First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
* Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
* Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
* Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.
* Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
* In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
* Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
* In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.
* Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

Last edited:
Two things Bush got right.....

Fighting AIDS in Africa and negotiating with the North Koreans.

But even a blind pig will find an acorn if he roots around enough.

And when he gave money to Africa for AIDS treatment, he made sure it was without teaching safe sex....

As for NKorea, probably wouldn't have been so much of a problem if he hadn't been so stupid as to call it part of the "Axis of Evil"... same with Iran, since Iran was helping with anti-terrorism efforts at the time...

So he only gets partial credit for dealing with the problems.

Bet you can't state clearly, without spin or lies, what you claim Bush did right (watch this)..go ahead, let's hear it.
(oh and that's "alot" not "a lot")
Here's a few of his greatest accomplishments that you must be so proud of dumbass.

George W. Bush:
accomplishments as president

* Attacked and took over two countries.
* Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
* Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
* Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
* Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
* First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
* First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
* First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.
* Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.
* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
*Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
* Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.
* Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
* Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
* Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.
* Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
* Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
* Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
* Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
* Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
* My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.
* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).
* First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
* Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
* First president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
* Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
* Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
* First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
* First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
* Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
* Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
* Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
* Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
* First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
* All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
* My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
* Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
* First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
* First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
* First US president to establish a secret shadow government.
* Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
* With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
* First US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
* First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
* Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
* Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
* Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.
* Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
* In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
* Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
* In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.
* Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

I haven't engaged in name calling on this board but since you insist on calling people dumbasses, go blow yourself, troll. Now list your source instead of your opinions. And while you're at, playing grammar police, why don't you correct you're verb tense. It's "Here are" NOT "Here is".

Bush did a lot of things wrong. Alito and Roberts are two of things he did right.

Yeah, but only AFTER he tried for HARRIET FREAKIN' MYERS. Bush is the biggest conservative sell-out who ever walked on two legs. He's ruined the Republicans' reputation as good on defense and money issues for the next 10 years.

I haven't engaged in name calling on this board but since you insist on calling people dumbasses, go blow yourself, troll. Now list your source instead of your opinions. And while you're at, playing grammar police, why don't you correct you're verb tense. It's "Here are" NOT "Here is".

The source is reality and commons sense, you delusional liar..show a source for any of your bullshit, you can't.
Name one of the above that isn't tue liar..you can't and you know it.
Those aren't "opinions" stupid, they're facts that have been reported in every major news source..you ever hear of the Iraq war or the deficit?
Only a fucking idiot would ask for proof that there's a deficit or a war in Iraq...or any of the obvious facts stated above.
If I where to fall for your goose chase, you lack the mental capacity or the will to look at them, so why bother?
I'm not your sucker, play it elsewhere.

Still waiting for you to state exactly what Bush did right, you kinda dodged that question (like you didn't know)...oh and before you start your lying, include sources (watch this troll disappear.)

Last edited:

He appears to get along well with his dog. :neutral:

bush.jpg

Yeah, but only AFTER he tried for HARRIET FREAKIN' MYERS. Bush is the biggest conservative sell-out who ever walked on two legs. He's ruined the Republicans' reputation as good on defense and money issues for the next 10 years.

Itonically that is one thing that he therefore did do right.

Alerting the American Republicans loyals to the fact that their party no longer bears any relationship to what most of them think the Republican Party represents has GOT to be a good thing.

List your source, troll. I'm not disagreeing with everything. However, the majority of your accusations are subjective at best and not true.

It is preposerytous and lazy to demand sources for what is clearly opinions, based on fairly well known (or at least believed) facts.

If you disagree, then do so, and stop pretending that every time anyone posits a position you are being scholarly by demanding a link to support it.

It is preposerytous and lazy to demand sources for what is clearly opinions, based on fairly well known (or at least believed) facts.

If you disagree, then do so, and stop pretending that every time anyone posits a position you are being scholarly by demanding a link to support it.

Not being scholarly but I have seen blunts stuff in a chain email. I never would have said anything if he hadn't acted in such childish behavior.

List your source, troll. I'm not disagreeing with everything. However, the majority of your accusations are subjective at best and not true.
Very good, now..please list which ones are subjective or not true, and why you believe so.
This shouldn't be a problem seeings how you believe the "majority" are falsehoods.

Also for the millionth time..list what Bush as "got right", this also should be easy seeings how you've hijacked this thread with that statement. (but yet you repeatedly dodge the question)

In other words..support your lies and bullshit with a little more than silly demands and blanket statements, it's very unbecoming.

This ought to be funny :lol: :eusa_liar:

Last edited:
Not being scholarly but I have seen blunts stuff in a chain email. I never would have said anything if he hadn't acted in such childish behavior.

Understood.

If we could just step away from the supposition that disagreeing with people's opini0ons and posts is meant to be a personal affront, our discussions might be more fruitful.

LordBrownTrout
I have seen blunts stuff in a chain email.
Hmmm. so now you admit that you and your buddies use "gang up" tactics, interesting.
Thanks for the compliment, I didn't realize I was so important. :badgrin:
Bring em on
..(I still can't believe anyone would chain e-mail my rantings, I must be better than I thought, I'm flattered !!!)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back