Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
More of following our European betters I guess:

McMahon Campaign Hits Grimm For Taking 'Jewish Money' | The New York Observer

McMahon Campaign Hits Grimm For Taking 'Jewish Money'

By David Freedlander
July 29, 2010 | 4:52 p.m

Mike Grimm, a G.O.P challenger to Democrat Mike McMahon's Congressional seat, took in over $200,000 in his last filing.

But in an effort to show that Grimm lacks support among voters in the district, which covers Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn, the McMahon campaign compiled a list of Jewish donors to Grimm and provided it to The Politicker.

The file, labeled "Grimm Jewish Money Q2," for the second quarter fundraising period, shows a list of over 80 names, a half-dozen of which in fact do hail from Staten Island, and a handful of others that list Brooklyn as home.

"Where is Grimm's money coming from," said Jennifer Nelson, McMahon's campaign spokeman. "There is a lot of Jewish money, a lot of money from people in Florida and Manhattan, retirees."

More> Anthony Weiner Goes Viral

As a point of comparison, the campaign also provided in-district and out-of-district fundraising totals from McMahon and Grimm's G.O.P primary opponent, Michael Allegretti. However, they did not provide an out-of-district campaign filing from Grimm, but only a file of Jewish donors to him.

Nelson said that the list was compiled by the campaign's finance director, Debra Solomon and that she did not know exactly how the finance team knew who was Jewish and who was not.

"She herself is Jewish so she knows a lot of people in that community," Nelson said.

Nelson stressed that the point of compiling the list was not to show that Grimm had a lot of Jewish support, but that he had little support in the district...

I dislike the emphasis on "jewish" in this, but it always does bug me when a large percentage of campaign money come from outside sources. Even when I support that campaign.

Not surprising. I've never met a Leftist/Progressive who wasn't vehemently Anti-Semitic. Most of this current President's most loyal supporters are big-time Jew-Bashers. Check out what his deranged Reverend has to say about those "Evil Jews." I'm always perplexed as to why so many American Jews are Liberals and Democratic Party supporters. They just continue to vote against their own interests. It's so bizarre.

Forum List

Back