Nice call, PR

semantics, heathens!! my world is falling apart. layering beer is even more girly than just mixing the shit. why can't you just drink your beer like a real man?:lol:

if you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by and tell us what girlies we are.
we'll buy.
14769_1.jpg

eh, i was there, well maybe not on this corner, but i was in dorchester, and i did the right thing by buying sam adams or whatever they had in the pub. no one had this two-color shit thing, but i must admit, by now i am very curious. hehe

You just discover the black and tan, JB?

Apparently, the bars around here call it a 1/2&1/2. They make their Black and Tans with Guinness and somethin' I don't remember the name of.

'twas good. :)

They're delicious! I've been drinking them for about twenty years now. The traditional is Bass and Guinness, the all Irish is Harp and Guinness. We of Irish descent appreciate that, in the traditional concoction, the Irish is on top.

semantics, heathens!! my world is falling apart. layering beer is even more girly than just mixing the shit. why can't you just drink your beer like a real man?:lol:

we'll buy.
14769_1.jpg

eh, i was there, well maybe not on this corner, but i was in dorchester, and i did the right thing by buying sam adams or whatever they had in the pub. no one had this two-color shit thing, but i must admit, by now i am very curious. hehe

it's okay, if you like guinness. i'm not a guinness guy myself, but if you are the advantage to a black and tan is you don't have to wait so long for the pour. :lol:

the plough's in cambridge, btw, or it was, might be gone by now.
been awhile...

we'll buy.
14769_1.jpg

it's okay, if you like guinness. i'm not a guinness guy myself, but if you are the advantage to a black and tan is you don't have to wait so long for the pour. :lol:

been awhile...

ok, i was in somerville and cambridge too, drinking. did not have to show my id though. but i thought it was really relaxed that your state house has a general hooker entrance.

I thought it was Guinness and Bass since one is Irish and one is English...isn't Harp Irish?

Anywho, when I was in Dublin the locals there rolled their eyes in disgust at the request and said it was an American invention.

After tasting Guinness on tap down the street from where it is made I have to agree with them.

I thought it was Guinness and Bass since one is Irish and one is English...isn't Harp Irish?

Anywho, when I was in Dublin the locals there rolled their eyes in disgust at the request and said it was an American invention.

After tasting Guinness on tap down the street from where it is made I have to agree with them.

yes yes yes. well actually i have no idea about irish beer. too malty, those dark beers.

been awhile...

ok, i was in somerville and cambridge too, drinking. did not have to show my id though. but i thought it was really relaxed that your state house has a general hooker entrance.

we're very proud of that.:lol:

it helps keep the lobbyists in one area.

"There is a popular legend that the slang term for prostitutes is derived from his last name[19] because of parties and a lack of military discipline at his headquarters. Some versions of the legend claim that the band of prostitutes that followed his division were derisively referred to as "General Hooker's Army" or "Hooker's Brigade."[20] However, the term "hooker" was used in print as early as 1845, years before Hooker was a public figure.[21] The prevalence of the Hooker legend may have been at least partly responsible for the popularity of the term"

Joseph Hooker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes yes yes. well actually i have no idea about irish beer. too malty, those dark beers.
Thems fighting words! But thanks for allowing me to show that once again, I'm right. ;)

From wiki:

The most common type of Black and Tan in the United States uses Guinness Draught (not Extra Stout) and Bass, though variations using Harp Lager or Newcastle Brown Ale instead of Bass are sometimes also referred to as Black and Tans. Guinness and Harp is more commonly referred to as a Half and Half, and Guinness and Newcastle is generally called a Black Castle.

Thems fighting words! But thanks for allowing me to show that once again, I'm right. ;)

From wiki:

The most common type of Black and Tan in the United States uses Guinness Draught (not Extra Stout) and Bass, though variations using Harp Lager or Newcastle Brown Ale instead of Bass are sometimes also referred to as Black and Tans. Guinness and Harp is more commonly referred to as a Half and Half, and Guinness and Newcastle is generally called a Black Castle.

when it comes to beer i prefer blondes, and apartheid.

you're prolly right- i've always had them in boston irish dives and they made em with harp- but i like your story better.

Forum List

Back