NHS bans 'dangerous' metal paper clips

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Manchester NHS Trust officials made the decision to stop the use of the metal stationary item after a member of staff cut their finger using one.

In a memo to staff, it was warned that the use of metal fasteners was 'prohibited' and the offending clips must be 'carefully disposed of immediately'.

'Due to recent incidents, NHS Manchester has decided to immediately withdraw the use of metal paper fasteners,' explained the memo featuring an accompanying picture of a paper clip - just to avoid any confusion.

'Please ensure any that remain in use be replaced by similar plastic fasteners.

'The use of metal fasteners is prohibited and must be carefully disposed of immediately. Thank you for your co-operation.'

Read more: NHS health and safety chiefs ban 'dangerous' metal paper clips | Metro.co.uk

How long til Bloomberg follows suit?

Translation: Due to the steady rise in feckless shitstains who see litigation as a surefire way to make a fast buck, Manchester NHS trust are shit scared of being sued through the nose in the event that some dishonest wanker deliberately cuts themselves in order to pocket a couple of thousand pounds in compensation.

Translation: Due to the steady rise in feckless shitstains who see litigation as a surefire way to make a fast buck, Manchester NHS trust are shit scared of being sued through the nose in the event that some dishonest wanker deliberately cuts themselves in order to pocket a couple of thousand pounds in compensation.

Sad isn't it?

What happened to the British? They had an empire spanning the globe.

The Brits today couldn't take over a Little League bake sale. Pathetic.

A vast proportion of us see the welfare state as the be-all and end-all of our woes. Look where that's got us. But rest assured, you'll be joining us soon.

Sad isn't it?

Pathetic, actually. It's what happens when you focus more on someone's feeling than whether or not they're productive members of society. When someone falls by the wayside you offer them your hand and some realistic advice, not convince them that it's "society's fault" and give them another handout.

Pathetic that this is reality...it should be the shit of comedy sketches showing an exaggerated example of government going to ridiculous extremes.

What happened to the British? They had an empire spanning the globe.

The Brits today couldn't take over a Little League bake sale. Pathetic.

A vast proportion of us see the welfare state as the be-all and end-all of our woes. Look where that's got us. But rest assured, you'll be joining us soon.
Yes, we're full of lazy free-loaders, too. :mad:

Pathetic that this is reality...it should be the shit of comedy sketches showing an exaggerated example of government going to ridiculous extremes.

You ain't seen nothin'. A couple of years ago Hampshire County Council attempted to put through legislation that would result in parents being prosecuted for letting their children climb trees whilst unsupervised. Why? Because some shitty, selfish parents had successfully sued the council after their offspring hurt themselves after falling out of a tree, when they should've been laughed out of court. Me? I think they should be been put in the stocks and have dog shit hurled at them for trying to pull such a fast one.

My guess is that Churchill and Queen Victoria aren't spinning in their graves. No, they probably banging on their coffins and demanding to be let out so that they can give the vast majority of us a good hard slap upside the head.

Sad isn't it?

Pathetic, actually. It's what happens when you focus more on someone's feeling than whether or not they're productive members of society. When someone falls by the wayside you offer them your hand and some realistic advice, not convince them that it's "society's fault" and give them another handout.

That's the problem with litigious societies... It's become very dangerous financially to offer people your hand, so unfortunately... It's best not to.

The NHS Approved Office Supply List for 2012:

SCHOOL_SUPPLIES.jpg

You ain't seen nothin'. A couple of years ago Hampshire County Council attempted to put through legislation that would result in parents being prosecuted for letting their children climb trees whilst unsupervised. Why? Because some shitty, selfish parents had successfully sued the council after their offspring hurt themselves after falling out of a tree, when they should've been laughed out of court. Me? I think they should be been put in the stocks and have dog shit hurled at them for trying to pull such a fast one.

My guess is that Churchill and Queen Victoria aren't spinning in their graves. No, they probably banging on their coffins and demanding to be let out so that they can give the vast majority of us a good hard slap upside the head.

Every year we receive memos entitled "A Chair is Not a Ladder" and "Ice Can Be Slippery". I kid you not.

Why? Because knuckleheads have sued the district for falling off chairs and slipping on ice. :cuckoo:

Personally, I find it highly insulting. I used to get a chuckle out of it, but now it just ticks me off. I've got enough memos to read.

Forum List

Back