3) Vancouver Canucks
4) Phoenix Coyotes
5) Detroit Red Wings
6) Los Angeles Kings
7) Nashville Predators
8) Colorado Avalanche

My prediction......Sharks Vs Capitals in Stanley Cup

Sharks Win Stanley Cup

I love how Detroit is in the West, but is in the same time zone as Boston.

EAST
1) Washington Capitals
2) New Jersey Devils
3) Buffalo Sabres
4) Pittsburgh Penguins
5) Ottawa Senators
6) Boston Bruins
7) Philadelphia Flyers
8) Montréal Canadiens

WEST
1) San Jose Sharks
2) Chicago Blackhawks
3) Vancouver Canucks
4) Phoenix Coyotes
5) Detroit Red Wings
6) Los Angeles Kings
7) Nashville Predators
8) Colorado Avalanche

My prediction......Sharks Vs Capitals in Stanley Cup

Sharks Win Stanley Cup

I love how Detroit is in the West, but is in the same time zone as Boston.

Yes Detroit..... :ack-1:..... for a Sharks fan

The Caps looked like they started to find their groove in the second game tonight, if so they will be very dangerous.

The Pens are, of course, a solid pick to get back to the finals.

The Wings had one of their worst regular seasons in a while this year, but with their experience are always a threat.

The Hawks are still young, but picked up playoff experience last year and can be explosive, I could see them make a run.

The Sharks had a great season, but can they actually have post-season success?

I'd like to see the Wings and Pens go for a third straight year (with the Wings winning it!) but I don't know if that's really likely. I'll have a better feel after I watch a few more games for who's playing well.

Whatever the outcome, I'm so happy it Stanley Cup playoff time again! :clap2::clap2:

Jimmy Howard is not playing great for the Wings. Not horribly, but that 4th goal today was pretty bad.

On the other end of the spectrum, Craig Anderson for the Avs has been an absolute beast tonight. He's going to end up with at least 50 saves in regulation without giving up a goal. If the Avs win, it just shows how a goalie can take over a game; the Avs have had almost no offense and ought to have lost this game handily. If Anderson can keep playing close to this well and the Avs can figure out how to do something other than watch him making saves, they might be dangerous.

I haven't seen anything but highlights of the Philly/NJ games, which sucks, since it is turning into a very close series.

I am happy with VS going from one game right to another in progress. Unlike the NFL, where contractual obligations prevent them from doing that kind of thing very long, VS is able to just show playoff hockey for 6+ hours. :clap2:

Sharks 2 up on Wings... ..well.. I'm a little shocked

dare I say hopeful...

Let's Go Pens!

Smells like a repeat!

and Lumpy- you found a native Pittsburgher here! The only things greater than the Penguins in Pittsburgh are Iron City beer and the Steelers!

And that includes Primanti Bros. sammiches, steak salads, Joe Grushchecky and the House Rockers, Carson Street on the South Side, the Pitt Panthers, Kennywood Park and the Fort Pitt tunnels!

If this was such a great sport, why did they name it HOCKEY? It's name defines it perfectly.

I don't like the team at all, but congratulations to the Flyers on their historic comeback against the Bruins. Not only were they down 3-0 in the series, they started game 7 down 3-0 as well, yet were able to keep fighting and get the 4-3 win and become the first team in 35 years to win a series after going down 3-0, and only the third team in NHL history to do so.

The Flyers/Canadians matchup is intriguing. Both teams have had to come back from being down in games and in series, they are low-seeded so don't have the same weight of expectation as other teams, who will be able to continue their unexpected run to the Finals?
With the Sharks/Hawks, I find myself hoping Chicago wins, then loses the Cup....just so Hossa can have been on the last 3 Finals losing teams :lol: I'm not a fan of Hossa, but it's not so much about wanting him personally to have that disappointment as it would be funny for a player to switch teams 3 years in a row and always end up on the Finals loser. With the superstitions athletes often have, I wonder if they would start to avoid him, or want him around in the hopes they would at least get to the Finals? :eusa_pray:

The Sharks have no business going to the finals the way they did. The refs should be fired for their BLATANT favoritism. The Sharks are a good team regardless, but that was just too much.

As it happens though, I'm quite happy the Penguins aren't going to the finals. It'd get boring if they did (again).

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back