NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich

Well, since we've veered off onto a tangent, it should be noted that Newt was for bombing Libya before he was against it.

Actually, it is a lot more complicated than that... but I can understand your problem, as Newt is now ahead of Romney in three of the four early states.

Actually, it's not more complicated than that. The Freddie Mac lobbyist has a long history of switching his positions when it is politically convenient. Now, if he were a Mormon, that would piss you off. But since you don't want a Mormon to be President under any circumstance, you have cast your lot with the former supporter of global warming, at least for this month.

Global Warming isn't a big issue for me, and they both have changed their position on it.

And I find amusing that a guy who brags about how much money he made in Real Estate is suddenly horrified, just Horrified that Freddie Mac was out there.

I mean, you think Freddie Mac was Freddie Kruger the way some of you are carrying on.

Actually, it is a lot more complicated than that... but I can understand your problem, as Newt is now ahead of Romney in three of the four early states.

Actually, it's not more complicated than that. The Freddie Mac lobbyist has a long history of switching his positions when it is politically convenient. Now, if he were a Mormon, that would piss you off. But since you don't want a Mormon to be President under any circumstance, you have cast your lot with the former supporter of global warming, at least for this month.

Global Warming isn't a big issue for me, and they both have changed their position on it.

And I find amusing that a guy who brags about how much money he made in Real Estate is suddenly horrified, just Horrified that Freddie Mac was out there.

I mean, you think Freddie Mac was Freddie Kruger the way some of you are carrying on.

Well, that sure was an irrelevant post.

And just to clarify, I made a fair amount of money shorting real estate. I know people who made way more than I did.

Last edited:

And just to clarify, I made a fair amount of money shorting real estate. I know people who made way more than I did.

Point is, you people manipulated the market artificially, with disasterous results. Not that I ever expect you to man up about it.

If your point was that I should be "horrified" that Newt has Changed his position on AGW, well, 1) He really hasn't that much and 2) it isn't that important of an issue.

You see, this is one of those issues where the right and left should be singing from the same page. The left should be happy about reducing polution and the right should be happy about reducing our dependence on foreign oil and giving gobs of money to people who want to kill us...

Except that people are making money on the status quo. So who cares who gets hurt?

Point is, you people manipulated the market artificially, with disasterous results. Not that I ever expect you to man up about it.

If your point was that I should be "horrified" that Newt has Changed his position on AGW, well, 1) He really hasn't that much and 2) it isn't that important of an issue.

You see, this is one of those issues where the right and left should be singing from the same page. The left should be happy about reducing polution and the right should be happy about reducing our dependence on foreign oil and giving gobs of money to people who want to kill us...

Except that people are making money on the status quo. So who cares who gets hurt?

1. I did not manipulate the market.

2. You're deflecting from Newt changing his mind about Libya. I would too if I were a Perry, er, Cain, er, Newt supporter. You're a Newt supporter this month, right?

2. Newt has a long history of being politically expedient and changing his positions when appropriate. True, he's not as much of a flip-flopper as Romney, but he's a chameleon nonetheless.

This is a coveted endorsement and a slap in the face to Mitt Romney.

Go NEWT Go!

They endorsed John McCain last time around and not Mitt then either, did you happen to notice the name of the paper? Union??? Unions typically do not like conservatives, makes you wonder if they are not in the back pocket of the dems, the dems certainly do not want Mitt winning as they know he has the millions of independents on his side and they will lose the Presidency should Mitt win.

1. I did not manipulate the market.

2. You're deflecting from Newt changing his mind about Libya. I would too if I were a Perry, er, Cain, er, Newt supporter. You're a Newt supporter this month, right?

2. Newt has a long history of being politically expedient and changing his positions when appropriate. True, he's not as much of a flip-flopper as Romney, but he's a chameleon nonetheless.

Or he changes his mind based on NEW DATA.

Let's take Libya. When he made his initial suggestion that we should intervene, that might have even seemed like a good idea.

Then we found out that 1) the guys opposing Khadafy were in bed with Al Qaeda, 2) That they were not nearly as organized as we thought and 3) The Arab Spring has been turning decidedly sour in other countries where it happened.

New Data. New Conclusion.

I'd be more worried about a guy who keeps trying the same thing after being presented with new information.

Now for your snarky second point. Never really supported Cain, although I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's getting a bad rap. Cain, Perry or Newt would be solid conservatives, (not tools of wall street) and I'm voting for an idealogy, not a man.

Nominating Romney is pretty much like saying, "Hey, libs, you are right on all the major points, we just need a guy who's a better manager."

Why bother having an election at all.

Go NEWT Go!

They endorsed John McCain last time around and not Mitt then either, did you happen to notice the name of the paper? Union??? Unions typically do not like conservatives, makes you wonder if they are not in the back pocket of the dems, the dems certainly do not want Mitt winning as they know he has the millions of independents on his side and they will lose the Presidency should Mitt win.

Guy, are you serious? Maybe you need to read up on the history of this newspaper, it has nothing to do with the labor movement.

Mitt is behind in three of the four key early states, and Gingrich is sneaking up on him in NH. Then again, so is John Huntsman....

Reversable Mittens support is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Go NEWT Go!

:clap2: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has received the coveted endorsement of the highly-influential Manchester Union Leader in New Hampshire, a boost for the 2012 Republican presidential candidate and a blow to rival Mitt Romney.

The endorsement of the conservative newspaper's editorial board places an exclamation point on Gingrich's impressive surge from has-been GOP contender to frontrunner, and sets him apart as the new anti-Romney candidate among his competitors.

"Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate. But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running. In this incredibly important election, that candidate is Newt Gingrich," the editorial board wrote in Sunday's edition.

The Leader added in a banner headline across the front page that the former Georgia lawmaker has something the rest of the candidates don't -- a track record of success in Washington.

"America is at a crucial crossroads. It is not going to be enough to merely replace Barack Obama next year. We are in critical need of the innovative, forward-looking strategy and positive leadership that Gingrich has shown he is capable of providing," the endorsement reads.

"He did so with the Contract with America. He did it in bringing in the first Republican House in 40 years and by forging balanced budgets and even a surplus despite the political challenge of dealing with a Democratic president. A lot of candidates say they're going to improve Washington. Newt Gingrich has actually done that," it continues......

Read more: Gingrich Gets Big New Hampshire Endorsement | Fox News

Yes, he has a track record all right, one that will come out in full view for everyone to see as he is a career politician with ethics violations in which he paid $300,000 to avoid, a few affairs, having an affair while he was trying to impeach Clinton for the same thing. Yeah he has a track record and a track record that Obama knows he can beat with 1 billion dollars in negative adds against Newt.

Go NEWT Go!

:clap2: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has received the coveted endorsement of the highly-influential Manchester Union Leader in New Hampshire, a boost for the 2012 Republican presidential candidate and a blow to rival Mitt Romney.

The endorsement of the conservative newspaper's editorial board places an exclamation point on Gingrich's impressive surge from has-been GOP contender to frontrunner, and sets him apart as the new anti-Romney candidate among his competitors.

"Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate. But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running. In this incredibly important election, that candidate is Newt Gingrich," the editorial board wrote in Sunday's edition.

The Leader added in a banner headline across the front page that the former Georgia lawmaker has something the rest of the candidates don't -- a track record of success in Washington.

"America is at a crucial crossroads. It is not going to be enough to merely replace Barack Obama next year. We are in critical need of the innovative, forward-looking strategy and positive leadership that Gingrich has shown he is capable of providing," the endorsement reads.

"He did so with the Contract with America. He did it in bringing in the first Republican House in 40 years and by forging balanced budgets and even a surplus despite the political challenge of dealing with a Democratic president. A lot of candidates say they're going to improve Washington. Newt Gingrich has actually done that," it continues......

Read more: Gingrich Gets Big New Hampshire Endorsement | Fox News

Yes, he has a track record all right, one that will come out in full view for everyone to see as he is a career politician with ethics violations in which he paid $300,000 to avoid, a few affairs, having an affair while he was trying to impeach Clinton for the same thing. Yeah he has a track record and a track record that Obama knows he can beat with 1 billion dollars in negative adds against Newt.

And if that does not make you sick enough this add will- talk about a flip-flopper.Wait until Obama runs this add 100 million times, then you will be thoroughly sick. An in a love seat too. Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154]Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Gee, Maple Syrup, is this the best you got, rehashing Democratic talking points?

He didn't "avoid" ethic violations. He paid the cost of an investigation after 64 charges were leveled before they found a technical violation.

He wasn't trying to "impeach" Clinton for having an affair. (That was actually Henry Hyde and the Judiciary Committee) Clinton was impeached for perjury, obstruction of justice, subornation of perjury and abuse of power.

But, hey, if you really want Romney to run on "Bill Clinton got a bad deal", I'm sure that's going to go pretty far with Republicans... Really. I honestly suggest you slip that flash drive into the Weird Mormon Robot's hard drive... see how that plays.

And if that does not make you sick enough this add will- talk about a flip-flopper.Wait until Obama runs this add 100 million times, then you will be thoroughly sick. An in a love seat too. Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube

Mapley- I'm just not seeing it. How does this help Obama by pointing out that Newt kind of agreed with them on a principle that he and Nancy supported. WOuldn't that be Obama admitting that Nancy (and he) are wrong on this issue?

Gee, Maple Syrup, is this the best you got, rehashing Democratic talking points?

He didn't "avoid" ethic violations. He paid the cost of an investigation after 64 charges were leveled before they found a technical violation.

He wasn't trying to "impeach" Clinton for having an affair. (That was actually Henry Hyde and the Judiciary Committee) Clinton was impeached for perjury, obstruction of justice, subornation of perjury and abuse of power.

But, hey, if you really want Romney to run on "Bill Clinton got a bad deal", I'm sure that's going to go pretty far with Republicans... Really. I honestly suggest you slip that flash drive into the Weird Mormon Robot's hard drive... see how that plays.

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ethics sanctions

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Speaker Gingrich during his term, including claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes. Following an investigation by the House Ethics Committee Gingrich was sanctioned US$300,000.[69] Gingrich acknowledged in January 1997 that "In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee". [70] The House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[71] Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated[72] and left that issue up to the IRS.[73] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[74

Don't think the democrats won't use this, think again, they can't wait.

Last edited:

Ethics sanctions

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Speaker Gingrich during his term, including claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes. Following an investigation by the House Ethics Committee Gingrich was sanctioned US$300,000.[69] Gingrich acknowledged in January 1997 that "In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee". [70] The House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[71] Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated[72] and left that issue up to the IRS.[73] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[74

And there is this:

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac | Newt Gingrich's Freddie Mac work draws new scrutiny - Los Angeles Times

Ethics sanctions

And there is this:

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac | Newt Gingrich's Freddie Mac work draws new scrutiny - Los Angeles Times

And more, but of course he has flipped and flopped on this one as well:

Newt Gingrich Slams 'Radical' Paul Ryan Budget, Gets 'Thank You' From Democrats

Forum List

Back