NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ethics sanctions

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Speaker Gingrich during his term, including claiming tax-exempt status for a college course run for political purposes. Following an investigation by the House Ethics Committee Gingrich was sanctioned US$300,000.[69] Gingrich acknowledged in January 1997 that "In my name and over my signature, inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable statements were given to the committee". [70] The House Ethics Committee concluded that inaccurate information supplied to investigators represented "intentional or ... reckless" disregard of House rules.[71] Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated[72] and left that issue up to the IRS.[73] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.[74

Don't think the democrats won't use this, think again, they can't wait.

And there is this:

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac | Newt Gingrich's Freddie Mac work draws new scrutiny - Los Angeles Times

And more, but of course he has flipped and flopped on this one as well:

Newt Gingrich Slams 'Radical' Paul Ryan Budget, Gets 'Thank You' From Democrats

As I noted before

- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

- Called Paul Ryan's budget "right-wing social engineering."

- Supports amnesty for illegal immigration

- Supported individual healthcare mandates AKA "Obamacare"

- Pimped global warming with Nancy Pelosi

Heck, forget RINOs and moderates, liberals, how can you not love this guy?

I mean, I know you are in full panick mode, now.

Romney is faltering, and you are just scrambling to attack. And soundinglike a democrat.

We know you Mormon-haters really, really, really want this, but truth is, Romney has been first or second in the polls since this began. The only difference is who Romney has spared with at the top. Bachmann, Trump, Perry, Cain and now Gingrich. Who, oh who, will it be next month?

If New Hampshire nominates Newt, that means they want Obama to win.

As I noted before

- Freddie Mac lobbyist

- Supporter of ethanol

- Called Paul Ryan's budget "right-wing social engineering."

- Supports amnesty for illegal immigration

- Supported individual healthcare mandates AKA "Obamacare"

- Pimped global warming with Nancy Pelosi

Heck, forget RINOs and moderates, liberals, how can you not love this guy?

I like Ron Paul on fiscal issues as I think he is dead on right, but his foriegn policy is a no go for me, but here again he has an add on Newt and he is dead on right. Conservatives pull your heads out of those dark places, Newt is un-electable, he is a great debator but Obama will never debate him how he wants it done. He won't agree to it. And the dems have plenty of material to run neg adds 24/7 on him. Plenty of stuff, and I don't think we have seen it all yet, there is more that is going to come out and I hope it is not after we nominate him.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/30/r...grich-radical-paul-ryan-thanks_n_864083.html/

Romney is faltering, and you are just scrambling to attack. And soundinglike a democrat.

We know you Mormon-haters really, really, really want this, but truth is, Romney has been first or second in the polls since this began. The only difference is who Romney has spared with at the top. Bachmann, Trump, Perry, Cain and now Gingrich. Who, oh who, will it be next month?

Actually, that just tells me that Republican voters don't want Romney, no matter how much the Beltway and Wall Street Push him.

He's never broken 25% on the RCP average. He never got higher than that in 2008, either.

Meanwhile, the combined "Not Romneys" have always ranged from 50-60% in any combination.

Eventually, they were going to settle on one. And when they did, Romney was over.

Next month, it will be over. Newt will beat Romney in Iowa, he'll place close in NH, and he'll win SC and FL. And at that point, it's over for Mittens...

Actually, that just tells me that Republican voters don't want Romney, no matter how much the Beltway and Wall Street Push him.

He's never broken 25% on the RCP average. He never got higher than that in 2008, either.

Meanwhile, the combined "Not Romneys" have always ranged from 50-60% in any combination.

Eventually, they were going to settle on one. And when they did, Romney was over.

Next month, it will be over. Newt will beat Romney in Iowa, he'll place close in NH, and he'll win SC and FL. And at that point, it's over for Mittens...

You said the same thing about Perry.

You said the same thing about Perry.

THe only thing I was wrong about was who the "Not Romney" was going to be.

I always knew it was going to be a "not Romney".

Perry had a good chance, and he blew it. Kind of like Fred Thompson in 2008. You can't get in these things late.

But to put it in perspective, in 2000, Bush had 60% support nationally from Republicans, and McCain still gave him a scare.

Romney's intensity rating is down to 9%. That's just sad.

qft!

Another point. It seems to me that the stars could be alligning in Newt's favor.

The first four are going to be

Iowa
New Hampshire
South Carolina
Florida

Now, if Newt wins Iowa, and Mittens wins New Hampshire, then Newt has the advantage of being from a state that borders the next two, and no surprise, he's surging in both right now.

Two other events could work in Newt's favor.

1) Cain dropping out.
2) Sarah Palin making an endorsement.

Cain I think is going to drop out soon. Fair or not, this has to be murder on his family. Most of his support will go to Newt, and give newt a big boost in Iowa.

Palin could endorse Newt, which will give him more cred with the Tea Partiers. Honestly, I really can't see her endorsing anyone else at this point.

Forum List

Back