NFLPA President DeMaurice Smith: Another Obamy Crony...

It is the owners who are locking out the players while they demand a longer season and a bigger slice of the pie

I think the 18 game season is dead in the water. I can understand where the owners are coming from. Look at how many organizations have built new stadiums. Some of them got a lot of help from the state, and others had to shoulder most of the costs. Add in the the way supplemental revenue sharing was set up, owners like in Jerry Jones type situation were getting fucked over.

But the talks are making progress. They were like $1b apart on agreeing how much the owners get before they split it. Now they're only like ~$100m apart. There's going to be a season; too much money for everyone to lose.

I surely hope they do not screw this up

Well there's always the UFL! Maybe Tom Brady and Adrian Peterson will be playing together on the Las Vegas Locomotives next year. :lol:

It is the owners who are locking out the players while they demand a longer season and a bigger slice of the pie

I think the 18 game season is dead in the water. I can understand where the owners are coming from. Look at how many organizations have built new stadiums. Some of them got a lot of help from the state, and others had to shoulder most of the costs. Add in the the way supplemental revenue sharing was set up, owners like in Jerry Jones type situation were getting fucked over.

But the talks are making progress. They were like $1b apart on agreeing how much the owners get before they split it. Now they're only like ~$100m apart. There's going to be a season; too much money for everyone to lose.

I surely hope they do not screw this up

Me neither. I stopped watching baseball because of their last walkout.

Gee and i read this just a few lines down in the article.

Campbell, however, said his physical condition is genetic.

"It's not because of football," Campbell said. "The most serious injury I got from football was a broken finger and broken ribs."

It's obvious to everyone but Campbell that his physical condition, on the decline for years, is the direct result of his bullish running style. Campbell repeatedly led with his helmet when taking on defenders

The subject of Campbell's health became a topic of discussion among the former NFL players gathered in Austin because of testimony before Congress last week by aging NFL retirees.

Those retirees told horror stories of endless surgery, dementia and homelessness while fighting with the NFL for better pensions and health insurance. Retired players receive health insurance for the first five years after their playing career and then are on their own, when insurance is often unaffordable

The league needs to take better care of its players. You just don't use them up and discard them when they can no longer play. Both the owners and the players need to set aside a fund and insurance....much the same way as the military takes care of its wounded

Ah yes you presume to know more about the man than the man himself.

typical.

And these players are not employees they are all independently contracted therefore they are responsible for their own insurances and retirement plans just like any other self employed Shmoe in the world. If they aren't smart enough to take care of themselves in their own negotiations it's not anyone's fault but their own.

Last edited:
As soon as they started boasting about how he was such a good friend of the Obamy,i knew our Football was gone. The guy is a militant Leftist schmuck. The Players should dump his ass. I can't stand "Community Organizer" assholes.

As soon as they started boasting about how he was such a good friend of the Obamy,i knew our Football was gone. The guy is a militant Leftist schmuck. The Players should dump his ass. I can't stand "Community Organizer" assholes.

Jesus was a community organizer

Jesus was a community organizer

doesn't matter... the loons hate anyone who is effective against them. *shrug*

and i think the o/p has problems with spelling.

Forum List

Back