NFL Wild card weekend

:thewave: "Tebow!"

(and I say that as an Oakland Raider fan) :)

Given their record over the last few years....I think the patch may be over the good eye.

Yeah, ever since their "appearance" in their last Super Bowl against the Bucs way back when, they've been mostly pathetic. Oh well. We'll see how things go in the post-Al Davis era with a new GM. :)

:thewave: "Tebow!"

(and I say that as an Oakland Raider fan) :)

Given their record over the last few years....I think the patch may be over the good eye.

Yeah, ever since their "appearance" in their last Super Bowl against the Bucs way back when, they've been mostly pathetic. Oh well. We'll see how things go in the post-Al Davis era with a new GM. :)
The bar is high for them to do anything BUT improve.

Now that they have the Former VP of Football Operations from Green Bay, who is a former Raider and been involved with both Ron Wolf AND Ted Thompson building powerful teams... I bet they will soon be terrors.

Oh, and he was director of scouting before he was the VPoFO. Looking good for you guys.

Now that they have the Former VP of Football Operations from Green Bay, who is a former Raider and been involved with both Ron Wolf AND Ted Thompson building powerful teams... I bet they will soon be terrors.

Oh, and he was director of scouting before he was the VPoFO. Looking good for you guys.

I'm thinking a future New England style dynasty. The AFC West isn't the strongest division in the world either; San Diego is in decline, Denver is good but not great despite what happened today, Kansas City is...well....Kansas City.

I'm thinking a future New England style dynasty. The AFC West isn't the strongest division in the world either; San Diego is in decline, Denver is good but not great despite what happened today, Kansas City is...well....Kansas City.
If KC gets Jeff Fisher, they will improve dramatically. SD will improve after Norv Turner is cut loose and they hire someone who can work with the talent he has and drafts well. Raiders, the future's bright. Denver, they're currently overachieving, BUT could build back into a REAL power if Tebow and their defense continues.

If KC gets Jeff Fisher, they will improve dramatically. SD will improve after Norv Turner is cut loose and they hire someone who can work with the talent he has and drafts well. Raiders, the future's bright. Denver, they're currently overachieving, BUT could build back into a REAL power if Tebow and their defense continues.

I don't see Fisher as being an automatic improvement. Times change; when Fisher was coaching in the late 1990's and when he was coaching in the late Auts....it looked like a lot of the same schemes to me on defense. Can you think of a single standout Titan who stood out for his play on the field on defense? None come to my mind readily; Kearse who was a DE for several years there but other than that, Pacman Jones and Finnegan who are serviceable but not worldbeaters.

SD depends largely on whom they replace him with but Gates is past his prime, Rivers had a dismal year by and large.

Denver has a glass jaw with Tebow as their QB. One thing though; he can develop into a more standardized QB if given the opportunity. This thing he did this year won't play next season.

Last edited:
I'm not even the slightest bit nervous.

I am.

I ain't.

After the shitty start against them in the first, we owned their asses defensively.

Our two best run stoppers not named Wilfork weren't playing that day either.

I wish I shared your confidence.

Unfortunately I still remember the Pats losing their first (home) playoff game two seasons in a row to a team they'd already beaten in the regular season.

I'm not being pessimistic here, just cautiously optimistic. They need to show me something in this game before I'm ready to chug the kool-aid.

I ain't.

After the shitty start against them in the first, we owned their asses defensively.

Unfortunately I still remember the Pats losing their first (home) playoff game two seasons in a row to a team they'd already beaten in the regular season.

I'm not being pessimistic here, just cautiously optimistic. They need to show me something in this game before I'm ready to chug the kool-aid.
It almost never bodes well when non-division teams face off in the playoffs if they played during the year. It has a frequent tendency to flip on the previous winner. This is also true in most cases if it's a divisional rival who's been swept in the season.

I ain't.

It almost never bodes well when non-division teams face off in the playoffs if they played during the year. It has a frequent tendency to flip on the previous winner. This is also true in most cases if it's a divisional rival who's been swept in the season.

Green Bay Packers vs. New York Giants - Box Score - December 04, 2011 - ESPN

:eusa_whistle:

If you watch enough of the NFL, you know things tend to average out.

No one single road team won this past weekend. :eek:

Yes I remember that. I also remember the NFC championship last year when the Bears went down in flames. Such a nice feeling.

Yes I remember that. I also remember the NFC championship last year when the Bears went down in flames. Such a nice feeling.

I remember getting waxed by the Jets. It sucked.

Forum List

Back