NFL Week One

I'm thrilled the Niners won. I have to agree with Wry, though, the officiating was horrible. So many missed calls or bad calls. The only good thing about it is they did it to both teams. Still, the Niners proved last year's defense was no fluke, and while the offense wasn't spectacular, it was strong. Will have to see how they perform against a better defense than GB.

It's hard to be sure how opening week will go, but I was very surprised by some games. I was shocked by how badly the Jets beat the Bills. I didn't think the Jets offense would be any good this year. The only question now is how much was the Jets being good and how much was the Bills being bad.

RGIII had an amazing first start. Not only did he play a very good game, they upset the heavily favored Saints. I doubt many non-Redskins fans expected that, even with the problems the Saints have had this offseason.

I expected Carolina to be better this year. I expected the Bucs to be horrible this year. Based on this game, I was very wrong!

Cleveland made a much closer game of it against Philly than expected. 4 picks from Vick? I'm wondering if it's time to just get rid of Reid and try something new in Philadelphia.

3 picks from Stafford against the lowly Rams? I think that offense will smooth out as the year goes on, but it's not a good sign for the Lions early on.

MJD and AD both played more, and more effectively, than we were lead to believe would happen. I actually own Peterson in one of my fantasy leagues and had him on the bench. :mad: Coming back after that surgery so quickly, playing so well after holding out the entire preseason, these are two exceptional backs. I do wonder if either team will be any good this year, but I'm pretty sure if either one exceeds expectation, it will be in large part because of those guys.

Denver just scored. Manning has taken a few hits but still looks fine. He hasn't seemed particularly rusty to me, nor as though he needs to get comfortable with his new receivers or scheme still. My first impression is that the Broncos have gotten what they wanted from him.

Again, go Niners!

Manning has a little more to go but looked good against a good Pittsburgh defense.

Niners and GB, great first Sunday match.....

GB had no running game but refs where a joke...late flags and inconsistencies

Alex Smith was better than Aaron Rogers when it matter most with exception of pass % completion at half 18/24=75%.

Had rodgers not thrown the int late in the 4th it would have been different base on their aprior possession which lead to a score.

Go Niners.

Great week one

SF beating GB on the road
Denver beating up Pittsburg
Jets shutting up and just playing football
Washington crushing NO on the road

Great week one

SF beating GB on the road
Denver beating up Pittsburg
Jets shutting up and just playing football
Washington crushing NO on the road

NO's loss I expected, they are a team in turmoil with all the suspensions of the staff, they have no real leader and it showed defensively. Bree's seems to be able to run the offense with few problems, but the defense was not there. Not having the regular coaching crew was very apparent.

The Jets just shutting up, now that was rare.

RG3 is freaking awesome. I can't remember the last time the Skins put up 40 points. It had to feel good for him to do it in his adopted home town, and with much of his family there.

Thats what it is - Week 1.

If the Seahawks win at home against Dallas and GB - the loss at Arizona wont matter much.

Forum List

Back