NFL Week 9 Picks

Thu Oct 31 8:20 pm San Francisco 49ers Arizona Cardinals - OK, 49ers are for real. :)
Sun Nov 3 9:30 am Houston Texans Jacksonville Jaguars - Tough call here. I think Houston's offense is just too much for Jax
1:00 pm Chicago Bears Philadelphia Eagles - Chicago's offense is just terrible
1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts Pittsburgh Steelers - I trust the Colts a lot more than the Steelers
1:00 pm Minnesota Vikings Kansas City Chiefs - If Mahomes plays, KC wins. If it's Moore....I might go with the Vikes.
1:00 pm New York Jets Miami Dolphins - Anyone but Miami
1:00 pm Tennessee Titans Carolina Panthers - Tannehill may have had 3 TDs last week, but the Titans offense didn't actually look very good
1:00 pm Washington Redskins Buffalo Bills - The Skins have been pretty bad this year
4:05 pm Detroit Lions Oakland Raiders - After early season promise, the Lions are the Lions
4:05 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers Seattle Seahawks - Winston is garbage. Seattle is at home
4:25 pm Cleveland Browns Denver Broncos - This could go either way. I'll take Cleveland just because
4:25 pm Green Bay Packers Los Angeles Chargers - The Pack are overall stronger
8:20 pm New England Patriots Baltimore Ravens - Until they lose, I'll probably keep taking the Pats
Mon Nov 4 8:15 pm Dallas Cowboys New York Giants - The Giants are plucky, but still a team being built

9-5 for me as well this week. I think the Browns are officially over this season. All the offseason hope and hype was clearly meaningless.

49ers have the best record in football halfway through the season. :WooHooSmileyWave-vi:
#1 defense in the league too.

That could be the difference in a potential Super Bowl against KC or New England who just got trampled by the Ravens yesterday.

The Niners have the #1 yardage defense, not points. That's still New England, who have given up 10.9 points per game to the Niners 12.8. Buffalo is third with 16.4 ppg, while Miami is last with 32 ppg, for comparison.

Miami will win their first game, and Niners and Patriots stay undefeated.:beer:

Thursday, Oct. 31

San Francisco 49ers (-9.5) at Arizona Cardinals, 43 I like the 9 point spread here

Sunday, Nov. 3

Houston Texans (-2) at Jacksonville Jaguars, 47 (London)

Minnesota Vikings (-2.5) at Kansas City Chiefs, 47

Washington Redskins (+10) at Buffalo Bills, 36.5 No way the Skins will win this by 10

Tennessee Titans (+3.5) at Carolina Panthers, 41

New York Jets (-5.5) at Miami Dolphins, 41 If the Fish can win one this is it

Chicago Bears (+5) at Philadelphia Eagles, 43.5 Eagles are on a roll despite the Dallas loss

Indianapolis Colts (PK) Pittsburgh Steelers, 43.5 2 in a row for the Steel city

Detroit Lions (+2) at Oakland Raiders, 50.5

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+6.5) at Seattle Seahawks, 52

Green Bay Packers (-3) at Los Angeles Chargers, 46.5

Cleveland Browns (-2.5) at Denver Broncos, 40.5 close and boring - 12- 10 Browns

New England Patriots (-3.5) at Baltimore Ravens, 45 (possible upset here but I never bet against da Brady bunch.)

Monday, Nov. 4

Dallas Cowboys (-7) at New York Giants, 48 Not even close - 40 - 15 Cowboys.
I think Green Bay Vikings and lions all lost. I was hoping the lions would lose. Better draft picks. Lions usually win these meaningless games but this time they didn’t let me down.

My Raiders beat your lowly Lions, maybe one day they might actually get to the playoffs. That would be your Super Bowl.
I’m glad. I don’t want them to beat the sucky raiders then lose to the bears Vikings and packers.

I hope that win costs you a franchise pick in the draft. And I hope we lose the rest of our games.

Thursday, Oct. 31

San Francisco 49ers (-9.5) at Arizona Cardinals, 43 I like the 9 point spread here

Sunday, Nov. 3

Washington Redskins (+10) at Buffalo Bills, 36.5 No way the Skins will win this by 10

Chicago Bears (+5) at Philadelphia Eagles, 43.5 Eagles are on a roll despite the Dallas loss

Cleveland Browns (-2.5) at Denver Broncos, 40.5 close and boring - 12- 10 Browns

New England Patriots (-3.5) at Baltimore Ravens, 45 (possible upset here but I never bet against da Brady bunch.)

Monday, Nov. 4

I think Green Bay Vikings and lions all lost. I was hoping the lions would lose. Better draft picks. Lions usually win these meaningless games but this time they didn’t let me down.

My Raiders beat your lowly Lions, maybe one day they might actually get to the playoffs. That would be your Super Bowl.
I’m glad. I don’t want them to beat the sucky raiders then lose to the bears Vikings and packers.

I hope that win costs you a franchise pick in the draft. And I hope we lose the rest of our games.

We don’t need the high draft pick, hell the Lions always get high draft picks and they suck! We are on to the Chargers, we already have matched what we were predicted to win this year, the rest is gravy and we are doing it in spite of our head coach.

49ers have the best record in football halfway through the season. :WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

That could be the difference in a potential Super Bowl against KC or New England who just got trampled by the Ravens yesterday.

The Niners have the #1 yardage defense, not points. That's still New England, who have given up 10.9 points per game to the Niners 12.8. Buffalo is third with 16.4 ppg, while Miami is last with 32 ppg, for comparison.
You're right . Pats have the #1 offense and defense right now.

Thursday, Oct. 31

Sunday, Nov. 3

Monday, Nov. 4

We don’t need the high draft pick, hell the Lions always get high draft picks and they suck! We are on to the Chargers, we already have matched what we were predicted to win this year, the rest is gravy and we are doing it in spite of our head coach.

Well I'd rather have the 4th pick than the 10th and since we aren't going to make the playoffs anyways...

You're right . Pats have the #1 offense and defense right now.

Points per game scoring wise, the Ravens have the #1 offense. They've played 1 less than the Pats.

Well, that's scoring as a team; I don't know if that is limited to offensive scoring.

Thursday, Oct. 31

Sunday, Nov. 3

Monday, Nov. 4

Well I'd rather have the 4th pick than the 10th and since we aren't going to make the playoffs anyways...

So you'd rather waste a 4th pick on a 1st round flop than the 10th pick on a 1st round flop? LOL! Just givin you a rash of crap. My mom is from Michigan and I would love to see the Lions start winning.

So you'd rather waste a 4th pick on a 1st round flop than the 10th pick on a 1st round flop? LOL! Just givin you a rash of crap. My mom is from Michigan and I would love to see the Lions start winning.
I don’t want to see the lions win one more meaningless game. I’d rather get a better draft pick.

Sorry but the nfl rewards failure.

Remember, if you aren’t going to win a Super Bowl it’s all about next year. So, losing games will help the lions next year. Sad but true

Remember, if you aren’t going to win a Super Bowl it’s all about next year. So, losing games will help the lions next year. Sad but true

That's an extremely overly simplistic way to look at it.
What bad will come if the lions don’t win another game all year?

The only thing I can think of is it can’t b good for player confidence. I’d like for everyone coming back next year to believe they can win it all.

I’d like to see us beat Green Bay Dallas Minnesota and Chicago.

That's an extremely overly simplistic way to look at it.
What bad will come if the lions don’t win another game all year?

The only thing I can think of is it can’t b good for player confidence. I’d like for everyone coming back next year to believe they can win it all.

I’d like to see us beat Green Bay Dallas Minnesota and Chicago.

Player confidence is one issue. So is the possibility of players you want to keep going forward trying to leave and get onto a team that actually wants to win. There's the possibility that intentionally tanking will hurt revenues, both current and potentially future. Hell, the NFL could decide to penalize the team draft picks if they decide there's enough evidence the team is intentionally tanking. :dunno:

I understand wanting the best draft pick, but actually trying to lose games is almost certainly a bad idea IMO, unless the team plans to completely remake the roster.

Forum List

Back