NFL Week 5 Prognostications

Giants just scored

There's a little over a min. to try and get in FG position which we know is an eternity in FB! :19: :2up: :321:

Since you are on, what's the mood in chicago right now with the bears?

I hadn't even thought about watching them much this season even though I live here, but bringing in Mack has brought my interest back! Looks as if they have a very good chance of winning the division at least; even with that loss to GB! The QB's playing within himself and they've been flying high! I'll believe it when I see it if they have any impact on the playoffs! I go back to the "SB Shuffle Bears" where having a bye and homefield has traditionally meant nothing except in '85; even against average teams! The coach can make all the difference and I haven't watched enough to be more specific about anything even though I drive by Soldiers Field all the time & my step-father's responsible for the "space ship" luxury boxes built over a decade ago! :19: :2up: :321:

Chiefs are the real deal baby!

And we had 2 or 3 of our defensive line thrown out of the game

The Rams also won, but barely squeaked by the Seahawks. Of course, the Chiefs barely got by the Broncos last week...you can never sleep on divisional games. Those teams are still 1a and 1b IMO.

The Bengals are 4-1, but I still don't trust them.

The Niners are looking like the season is pretty well done. Beathard had 4 turnovers and the team had 5....hard to win games like that. The defense actually played pretty well, but when the offense gave the Cardinals great field position over and over...

Philly does not look like a Super Bowl team.

Holy crap did the Steelers beat the hell out of Atlanta! I did not expect the Steelers D to hold the Falcons offense in check so well.

Buffalo won! Cleveland won! *checks Hell for snowball fights*

Falcons at Steelers --- Steelers at home. Both teams have been somewhat disappointing so far.

To put the Falcons in the same box with the Steelers is an insult to Atlanta. Atlanta may have not played up to expectations so far but the Steelers are an embarrassment to themselves, the city and the league. Unlike Cleveland, the high talent is actually there and they must run around the field like the Keystone Cops to keep losing games as they have:

Killer Bee Ben not able to hit the broad side of the barn with zero depth perception.
Killer Bee AB not able to run routes, get in sync, get open or actually catch half the time. The rest of the time having temper tantrums.
Killer Bee Bell down in Florida giving the finger to the team and having a good time throwing away $850,000 a week and not caring.
Killer Bee Bosewell having more hits of the uprights than actual completed FGs.
The OL unable to keep back defenders.
The Defense unable to stop runs, deep passes, TDs or FGs. Or QBs.

The Steelers: a super-poorly coached totally unprepared undisciplined disaster in the making.
OK. So you’re going for the Falcons in that game then?

Absolutely. The Steelers will come out imploding, tripping over their own two feet in the first quarter to practically hand the game away like these guys just met yesterday.
In the 2nd quarter, the Steelers will rally, get it together and make it look like a game.
Having spent all their jism, in the 3rd quarter, Steelers will be absolutely flat and ineffectual as the Falcons march ahead.
By the 4th quarter, Steelers will sputter, blow themselves up, try to make a comeback but in the end, die of their own mistakes.
You were saying?

Thursday Game
Colts at Pats --- Pats at home. --- Check

Sunday Games
Titans at Bills --- Titans have been a mild surprise at 3-1. Bills other than their fluke win have been dismal. --- Nope. Bills squeek by.
Falcons at Steelers --- Steelers at home. Both teams have been somewhat disappointing so far. --- Check. Steelers whomp Failcons.
Broncos at Jets --- Broncos should have won the game against the Chefs. Should beat Jets. --- Nope. Jets whomp Broncos.
Jags at Chefs --- Great O vs great D. Mediocre O vs horrendous D. Jags with slight edge. --- Nope. Chefs whomp Jags.
Pukers at Kitties --- Much as I hope the Kitties win this one, they'll find a way to lose. --- Nope. Pukers probably win if their kicker doesn't have worst outing ever. Happy to be wrong here.
Ravens at Browns --- Ravens playing very well. Strong D. Should beat the Brownies. --- Nope. Brownies win in OT battle of FG's.
Giants at Panthers --- Panthers at home. --- Check. Giants look to be improving on offense though.
Fish at Bengals --- Good matchup. Both teams playing pretty well. Bengals at home. --- Check. Bengals with quite a second half comeback.
Raiders at Chargers --- Chargers at "home". --- Check.
Cards at Whiners --- Beathard played pretty well in Garrapolo's absense. Santa Clara Whiners at home. --- Nope. Whiners cough up ball 5 times.
Vikes at Iggles --- Vikes usually do well in the meaningless revenge games, plus they have a few extra days to gameplan. --- Check.
Rams
at Seachix --- Seachix just lost their best defensive player to injury and another to indefinite suspension. No defense against the Rams is close to guaranteed defeat as you can get. --- Check. Seachix did much better than I thought they would losing a very close game.
Cowpies at Texassans --- Tossup in the battle of Texass. Guess I'll go with home team. --- Check. Texassans win the battle of Texass.

Monday Game
Redskins at Saints --- AD may run wild against Saints, but Brees should put up lots of points. Saints at home.

Well I'm 8-6 going into the Monday night game. Guess I can't really razz Toobfreak too much when my own predictions have been spotty at best. Anyway I'm happy this week. Any time the Vikes win and the Pukers and Cowpies lose is a good week to me.

Thursday Game
Colts at Pats --- Pats at home. --- Check

Sunday Games
Titans at Bills --- Titans have been a mild surprise at 3-1. Bills other than their fluke win have been dismal. --- Nope. Bills squeek by.
Falcons at Steelers --- Steelers at home. Both teams have been somewhat disappointing so far. --- Check. Steelers whomp Failcons.
Broncos at Jets --- Broncos should have won the game against the Chefs. Should beat Jets. --- Nope. Jets whomp Broncos.
Jags at Chefs --- Great O vs great D. Mediocre O vs horrendous D. Jags with slight edge. --- Nope. Chefs whomp Jags.
Pukers at Kitties --- Much as I hope the Kitties win this one, they'll find a way to lose. --- Nope. Pukers probably win if their kicker doesn't have worst outing ever. Happy to be wrong here.
Ravens at Browns --- Ravens playing very well. Strong D. Should beat the Brownies. --- Nope. Brownies win in OT battle of FG's.
Giants at Panthers --- Panthers at home. --- Check. Giants look to be improving on offense though.
Fish at Bengals --- Good matchup. Both teams playing pretty well. Bengals at home. --- Check. Bengals with quite a second half comeback.
Raiders at Chargers --- Chargers at "home". --- Check.
Cards at Whiners --- Beathard played pretty well in Garrapolo's absense. Santa Clara Whiners at home. --- Nope. Whiners cough up ball 5 times.
Vikes at Iggles --- Vikes usually do well in the meaningless revenge games, plus they have a few extra days to gameplan. --- Check.
Rams
at Seachix --- Seachix just lost their best defensive player to injury and another to indefinite suspension. No defense against the Rams is close to guaranteed defeat as you can get. --- Check. Seachix did much better than I thought they would losing a very close game.
Cowpies at Texassans --- Tossup in the battle of Texass. Guess I'll go with home team. --- Check. Texassans win the battle of Texass.

Monday Game
Redskins at Saints --- AD may run wild against Saints, but Brees should put up lots of points. Saints at home.

Well I'm 8-6 going into the Monday night game. Guess I can't really razz Toobfreak too much when my own predictions have been spotty at best. Anyway I'm happy this week. Any time the Vikes win and the Pukers and Cowpies lose is a good week to me.

That puts me at 7-7. I expected the Eagles to play better at home. Heck of a drop off for them from last year.

most NFL stadiums are packed just like that,Its really only the Niners and Chargers and just a couple others that are fair weather cities that are not packing them in.These bloggers who post that just want to have a story to print out and get everybody thinking they are not showing up at most stadiums just for a story to write,.Everytime i have been down to my bar to watch the Rams i see other games on the screens and they are all packed in those games just like that one. Now VIEWERSHIP is down greatly,thats well known,but attendance is not for most the stadiums.again chargers and niners being the rare exception and a couple others cause they are fair weather cities.LOL

most NFL stadiums are packed just like that,Its really only the Niners and Chargers and just a couple others that are fair weather cities that are not packing them in.These bloggers who post that just want to have a story to print out and get everybody thinking they are not showing up at most stadiums just for a story to write,.Everytime i have been down to my bar to watch the Rams i see other games on the screens and they are all packed in those games just like that one. Now VIEWERSHIP is down greatly,thats well known,but attendance is not.

The video was about breaking the world record with noise and the tomahawk chop (which they tried and failed to ban)

Falcons at Steelers --- Steelers at home. Both teams have been somewhat disappointing so far.

To put the Falcons in the same box with the Steelers is an insult to Atlanta. Atlanta may have not played up to expectations so far but the Steelers are an embarrassment to themselves, the city and the league. Unlike Cleveland, the high talent is actually there and they must run around the field like the Keystone Cops to keep losing games as they have:

Killer Bee Ben not able to hit the broad side of the barn with zero depth perception.
Killer Bee AB not able to run routes, get in sync, get open or actually catch half the time. The rest of the time having temper tantrums.
Killer Bee Bell down in Florida giving the finger to the team and having a good time throwing away $850,000 a week and not caring.
Killer Bee Bosewell having more hits of the uprights than actual completed FGs.
The OL unable to keep back defenders.
The Defense unable to stop runs, deep passes, TDs or FGs. Or QBs.

The Steelers: a super-poorly coached totally unprepared undisciplined disaster in the making.
OK. So you’re going for the Falcons in that game then?

Absolutely. The Steelers will come out imploding, tripping over their own two feet in the first quarter to practically hand the game away like these guys just met yesterday.
In the 2nd quarter, the Steelers will rally, get it together and make it look like a game.
Having spent all their jism, in the 3rd quarter, Steelers will be absolutely flat and ineffectual as the Falcons march ahead.
By the 4th quarter, Steelers will sputter, blow themselves up, try to make a comeback but in the end, die of their own mistakes.
You were saying?

What is there to say? The Steelers finally had a break-out game where they played far above previous games + they had a number of big lucky breaks go their way. Connor on his only 5th game as a starter seems to have hit his stride and allowed the Steelers to pound the ball and STICK with it. They came out early and scored for a change and it gave them confidence which we hope will last. Believe me, no one could be happier they played well, closer to expectation and won, just that everyone in Pittsburgh was surprised including many of the professional sports analysts who were giving up on the team. It may very well be that the funk they were in over the whole strange mess with LeVeon Bell they finally got over it and put it behind them, whatever the case, despite still a lot of problems between Ben and AB hooking up, they seemed to fix that in the second half and finally get that together as well. Plus the defense finally showed up.

I'm thrilled. Everyone said: Where's this team been all year? The real test now will be if they can go on the road and play as well against a division rival and beat Cincinnati on the road who's been hot all year. If they win that game too, I'll reform my feeling that they won't even make it to the playoffs. But then, they still have a TOUGH season ahead, but if they can stay playing like this, I know what I'd tell Bell if he comes back to play in the Bye week!

The Steelers a highly TALENTED team which often loses to teams much below them. Now we've seen two different Steeler teams play this year, the question now is which will show up from week to week? I doubt we've seen the last of the Funk Steelers. They can definitely beat the Bengals if this week's team shows up to play, question is will it? Or will the Keystone Kops Steelers show up in Cinci???

most NFL stadiums are packed just like that,Its really only the Niners and Chargers and just a couple others that are fair weather cities that are not packing them in.These bloggers who post that just want to have a story to print out and get everybody thinking they are not showing up at most stadiums just for a story to write,.Everytime i have been down to my bar to watch the Rams i see other games on the screens and they are all packed in those games just like that one. Now VIEWERSHIP is down greatly,thats well known,but attendance is not.

The video was about breaking the world record with noise and the tomahawk chop (which they tried and failed to ban)

It was temporarily banned for a while wasnt it?

Well, nobody ran wild. Brees had another good night and broke the NFL passing yardage record. Saints whomp the Redskins. I'm 9-6 for the week.

The way my Rams have about the worse defense in the NFL,probably even worse than the Chiefs,I am not taking them to go to the superbowl this year as i was originally thinking.The Saints defense the way they started off in the first couple games giving up 45 points in both i never figured they would go to the superbowl with that kind of defense.One of those games they won in a wild shootout,the other one they lost.

But unlike the Rams,the saints have fixed their defense.they have played MUCH better that last couple of weeks only giving up half as much as what they gave up the first couple games. Rams have an explosive offense no defense,Saints have explosives offense.an okay defense. pretty easy to see who will win in the tilte game when they face off since it looks like they will be the two teams in the NFC right now.

It was temporarily banned for a while wasnt it?

They tried but failed massively lol

Forum List

Back