NFL Week 5 Prognostications

Borillar

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2012
Directly above the center of the Earth
Entering the second quarter of the season now. Be interesting to see how the season progresses for the teams that started out hot, and also for the teams that have struggled early to see if they can turn things around.
Anyway, here's my week 5 picks:

Thursday Game
Colts at Pats --- Pats at home.

Sunday Games
Titans at Bills --- Titans have been a mild surprise at 3-1. Bills other than their fluke win have been dismal.
Falcons at Steelers --- Steelers at home. Both teams have been somewhat disappointing so far.
Broncos at Jets --- Broncos should have won the game against the Chefs. Should beat Jets.
Jags at Chefs --- Great O vs great D. Mediocre O vs horrendous D. Jags with slight edge.
Pukers at Kitties --- Much as I hope the Kitties win this one, they'll find a way to lose.
Ravens at Browns --- Ravens playing very well. Strong D. Should beat the Brownies.
Giants at Panthers --- Panthers at home.
Fish at Bengals --- Good matchup. Both teams playing pretty well. Bengals at home.
Raiders at Chargers --- Chargers at "home".
Cards at Whiners --- Beathard played pretty well in Garrapolo's absense. Santa Clara Whiners at home.
Vikes at Iggles --- Vikes usually do well in the meaningless revenge games, plus they have a few extra days to gameplan.
Rams at Seachix --- Seachix just lost their best defensive player to injury and another to indefinite suspension. No defense against the Rams is close to guaranteed defeat as you can get.
Cowpies at Texassans --- Tossup in the battle of Texass. Guess I'll go with home team.

Monday Game
Redskins at Saints --- AD may run wild against Saints, but Brees should put up lots of points. Saints at home.

Falcons at Steelers --- Steelers at home. Both teams have been somewhat disappointing so far.

To put the Falcons in the same box with the Steelers is an insult to Atlanta. Atlanta may have not played up to expectations so far but the Steelers are an embarrassment to themselves, the city and the league. Unlike Cleveland, the high talent is actually there and they must run around the field like the Keystone Cops to keep losing games as they have:

Killer Bee Ben not able to hit the broad side of the barn with zero depth perception.
Killer Bee AB not able to run routes, get in sync, get open or actually catch half the time. The rest of the time having temper tantrums.
Killer Bee Bell down in Florida giving the finger to the team and having a good time throwing away $850,000 a week and not caring.
Killer Bee Bosewell having more hits of the uprights than actual completed FGs.
The OL unable to keep back defenders.
The Defense unable to stop runs, deep passes, TDs or FGs. Or QBs.

The Steelers: a super-poorly coached totally unprepared undisciplined disaster in the making.

Entering the second quarter of the season now. Be interesting to see how the season progresses for the teams that started out hot, and also for the teams that have struggled early to see if they can turn things around.
Anyway, here's my week 5 picks:

Thursday Game
Colts at Pats --- Pats at home.

Sunday Games
Titans at Bills --- Titans have been a mild surprise at 3-1. Bills other than their fluke win have been dismal.
Broncos at Jets --- Broncos should have won the game against the Chefs. Should beat Jets.
Jags at Chefs --- Great O vs great D. Mediocre O vs horrendous D. Jags with slight edge.
Pukers at Kitties --- Much as I hope the Kitties win this one, they'll find a way to lose.
Ravens at Browns --- Ravens playing very well. Strong D. Should beat the Brownies.
Giants at Panthers --- Panthers at home.
Fish at Bengals --- Good matchup. Both teams playing pretty well. Bengals at home.
Raiders at Chargers --- Chargers at "home".
Cards at Whiners --- Beathard played pretty well in Garrapolo's absense. Santa Clara Whiners at home.
Vikes at Iggles --- Vikes usually do well in the meaningless revenge games, plus they have a few extra days to gameplan.
Rams at Seachix --- Seachix just lost their best defensive player to injury and another to indefinite suspension. No defense against the Rams is close to guaranteed defeat as you can get.
Cowpies at Texassans --- Tossup in the battle of Texass. Guess I'll go with home team.

Monday Game
Redskins at Saints --- AD may run wild against Saints, but Brees should put up lots of points. Saints at home.

I'm going to agree with your picks with one exception: I'm taking the Eagles at home over the Vikings.

To put the Falcons in the same box with the Steelers is an insult to Atlanta. Atlanta may have not played up to expectations so far but the Steelers are an embarrassment to themselves, the city and the league. Unlike Cleveland, the high talent is actually there and they must run around the field like the Keystone Cops to keep losing games as they have:

Killer Bee Ben not able to hit the broad side of the barn with zero depth perception.
Killer Bee AB not able to run routes, get in sync, get open or actually catch half the time. The rest of the time having temper tantrums.
Killer Bee Bell down in Florida giving the finger to the team and having a good time throwing away $850,000 a week and not caring.

The Steelers: a super-poorly coached totally unprepared undisciplined disaster in the making.
OK. So you’re going for the Falcons in that game then?

Absolutely. The Steelers will come out imploding, tripping over their own two feet in the first quarter to practically hand the game away like these guys just met yesterday.
In the 2nd quarter, the Steelers will rally, get it together and make it look like a game.
Having spent all their jism, in the 3rd quarter, Steelers will be absolutely flat and ineffectual as the Falcons march ahead.
By the 4th quarter, Steelers will sputter, blow themselves up, try to make a comeback but in the end, die of their own mistakes.

Absolutely. The Steelers will come out imploding, tripping over their own two feet in the first quarter to practically hand the game away like these guys just met yesterday.
In the 2nd quarter, the Steelers will rally, get it together and make it look like a game.
Having spent all their jism, in the 3rd quarter, Steelers will be absolutely flat and ineffectual as the Falcons march ahead.
By the 4th quarter, Steelers will sputter, blow themselves up, try to make a comeback but in the end, die of their own mistakes.
So Falcons then. Gotcha. Have any insights on the other games?

Brady joins the 500 TD pass club with Manning and Favre.

Yeah by the REAL NFL quarterbacks who have won the most superbowls are tied at four a piece being Montana and Bradshaw regardless of how many more thre fraud QB wins again. most posters here are in denial mode on that of course.LOL

Despite a brief comeback in the second half by the Colts, the Pats pretty much dominated TNF. Edelman being back makes a huge difference for that offense.

I was watching the dodgers game last night down at my local bar and naturally they had the pats/colts game on,so i HAD to hear what was going on and when it was commerical break i looked at it and the colts really gave this one to them,everytime they got a turnover from them,they had a turnover and gave it right back to them.yeah the first three games i did not know that edelman was not playing.

I knew once he got back,that would make a difference so it looks like my rams assuming they fix their defense,will be facing the cheaters in the superbowl this year is MY pick I am sticking with. the chiefs not having one of the best corners in the league anymore,i dont expect them to win against the pats next time they face them this year like last year.on that monday night game.the announcers themselves said they got the worst defense in the NFL.LOL

Last edited:

So Falcons then. Gotcha. Have any insights on the other games?

I wonder when Longknife is going to come over here and post this pic again like he did last time of the falcons home game last sunday and claim fans are not showing up for NFL games anymore just because the FALCONS had bad fan support last sunday:laugh: as you can see for yourself he posted this pic over on this thread last time and tried to claim that .:abgg2q.jpg:

someone needs to inform him the falcons have ALWAYS been fair weather fans.that when they are not winning,the fans always stay away.:D For example,back in 98 when they made it to the superbowl,I remember just two years later when they had a LOSING season,the stadium back then was half empty all the time and Longknife is trying to convince us that Atlanta fans have just recently in recent years started to not show up?:lmao::laughing0301:

NFL Week 4 Prognostications

AP-Rick-Scuteri-640x480.jpg

and it gets even better,he ALSO showed the pics of the chargers game last sunday against the Niners where the article talked about how you did not see any charger fans at the stadium,just niner fans which is comical because that is old news around here,EVERYBODY here knows the chargers are NOBODYS team in LA,that for the second year in a row since coming to carson,they now have SIXTEEN road games a year instead of 8.:lmao::laughing0301:

comedy gold. I wish that WAS the case but other than the chargers,the niners in santa clara,and a few other teams that have ALWAYS been fair weather cities,most stadiums are still packing them in. Now national VIEWSHIP around the country is worse than ever,THAT cant be debated.But the facts are most NFL stadiums there is no attendance problems other than a handul or so,the ones i Just mentioned.

writers are just making up stories just to have something to write about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back