NFL Week 4 Prognostications

Niners QB was just taken out. New kid never thrown a pro ball is in

I thought the Niners did a pretty damn good job, considering. Obviously a win would have been better, but coming as close as they did against a decent Chargers team now that Garoppolo is out for the season...I can't complain too much.

This season may be in the toilet for the Niners, but at least there's still some glimmer of hope that the rest of the team will be competitive despite the season ending injuries to McKinnon and Garoppolo and the shorter-term injury to Sherman.

I thought the Niners did a pretty damn good job, considering. Obviously a win would have been better, but coming as close as they did against a decent Chargers team now that Garoppolo is out for the season...I can't complain too much.

This season may be in the toilet for the Niners, but at least there's still some glimmer of hope that the rest of the team will be competitive despite the season ending injuries to McKinnon and Garoppolo and the shorter-term injury to Sherman.
I became a 49er fan watching Montana & Rice. Great football

Gawd what an idiot play for just 2 or 3 more yards! He could have stepped right out of bounds, but NOOO! :aargh:

Gawd what an idiot play for just 2 or 3 more yards! He could have stepped right out of bounds, but NOOO! :aargh:
It's easy to say that as a fan but in the heat of the moment we'd likely do the same.

Was out and about today so missed most of the action. Just caught the second half of the Ravens - Steelers game. Three overtime games today. The only game that really stood out to me was the Bears - Bucs game. Not so much that the Bears won, but that it was by such a huge blowout. WTF? Mitch Trubisky up until now has looked like shit. Suddenly he's throwing 6 TD passes in a game?

Sunday games
Jets at Jags --- Jags at home --- Check
Fish at Pats --- Pats rebound at home --- Check
Eagles at Titans --- Eagles prevail on the road --- Wrong. Titans win in OT
Texassans at Colts --- Going with Colts at home. Texans have been disappointing so far. --- Wrong. Texans in OT
Bills at Pukers --- Hope the Bills team from last week shows up against the Pukers. --- Wrong. Bills turn into a pumpkin.
Kitties at Cowpies --- Lions playing fairly well on both sides of the ball. Dallas offense sucks. --- Wrong. Cowpies win a close one.
Succaneers at Da Bearsus --- Interesting matchup. Bears strong D and weak O. Succs strong O and weak D. Going with another week of Fitzmagic. --- Wrong. Fitzmagic officially over. Mitch Trubisky, who up until now hasn't shown much ability at all, exploded for a 6 TD game.
Bengals at Falcons --- Falcons at home. --- Wrong. Bengals 37-36
Seachix at Cards --- Guess I'll go with the Seachix, but both teams suck. --- Check.
Browns at Raiders --- Browns get second win. --- Wrong. Raiders in OT 45-42.
Saints at Giants --- Saints should have little trouble outscoring the Jersey Jints. --- Check
Whiners at Chargers --- Garropolo injured, Whiners will have hard time beating anyone. --- Check. Close game though.
Ravens at Steelers --- Steelers at home. --- Wrong. Ravens pretty dominant.

I'm 5-8 today, and 5-9 going into the Monday game. Maybe I'll start picking using my magic 8-ball. Couldn't be any worse.

Rams vs Chiefs SB.....I do a sig bet with anyone who disagrees

Those are the 2 best teams early....but it's early. Predictions at this point are usually wrong. :D

Yeah I had the same prediction as well but after the cheaters drubbing of the fins yesterday it looks like the cheatriots are the team to beat again in the AFC. Thats nothing new that they get off to slow starts and everybody thinks they are done for-i guarantee you the NFL plans it out that way every year,its all scripted.LOL then they start winning again as they have it all scripted out for them to do so. i did not realise that edelman was out of the lineup that whole time either so him being back in had a major differnce as well since they can no longer double team gronk in the end zone.

till someone proves they can beat the cheats in the afc game,-and since they have the refs in their pockets,that will be very difficult,they are the team to be favored again as always.

I became a 49er fan watching Montana & Rice. Great football

I still have very fond treasured memories of those monday night games when they would square off every year against my LOS ANGELES Rams. That was some fun times seeing Joe Montana,Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott going up against Jim Everett,Eric Dickerson,and Flipper Anderson. ah man those were the days,the days when football was FUN to watch.

I got hooked on Montana because of those Rams/Niners matchups so i always looked forward to seeing the niners on monday night ALMOST as much as i did in getting the chance o watch the Rams on monday night mostly cause I really enjoyed watching Joe. He was my favorite QB of all time when he was with the niners so i just HAD to become a chiefs fans when he joined them.That was the ONE time I loved and cheered on the chiefs.:biggrin:

go LOS ANGELES Rams.:banana:

10917826_722163747897824_7720940055971956584_n.jpg

Last edited:
GO CHIEFS!

And lol at any moron who calls Chiefs fans fair weather. Sells out every week and has for years

Yeah I have never been a chiefs fan other than like i said,when they had Montana of course,i used to hate them in the 90's when they had shit for brains Marty SHITTENHEIMER there and that other jackass carl peterson,but i got to admit,kansas city unlike that other former missouri team.the st louis Lambs,kansas city always packs them in. their stadium didnt look like this all the time as st louis team always did the majority of their years there/:abgg2q.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::haha::laughing0301::lmao:

55ea6aa663f59.image.jpg

st-louis-rams-stadium.png

GO CHIEFS!

And lol at any moron who calls Chiefs fans fair weather. Sells out every week and has for years

Yeah I have never been a chiefs fan other than like i said,when they had Montana of course,i used to hate them in the 90's when they had shit for brains Marty SHITTENHEIMER there and that other jackass carl peterson,but i got to admit,kansas city unlike that other former missouri team.the st louis Lambs,kansas city always packs them in. their stadium didnt look like this all the time as st louis team always did the majority of their years there/:abgg2q.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::haha::laughing0301::lmao:

55ea6aa663f59.image.jpg

If I'm not mistaken we still have the record for the loudest stadium too I think

GO CHIEFS!

55ea6aa663f59.image.jpg

If I'm not mistaken we still have the record for the loudest stadium too I think

that is correct,seattle had it for a while but then you regained the title.lol speaking of how that other missiouri team in stank louis always had half empty crowds,st louis never even wanted that team same as LA wants nothing to do with the chargers,LOL do you remember seeing chiefs games in stank louis the first four years when they werethere and were horrible before the very brief greatest show on turf days when they were there in STANK LOUIS?
I do,i remember watching a couple of chiefs/rams games back then on tv and I remember how chiefs fans took over that place in stank louis and you heard the tomahawk chop just like they took over carson do you?:abgg2q.jpg:

as i said earlier before,no wonder stan kroneke wanted the hell out of dodge,,WHY would he want to stay there for THIS-
55ea6aa663f59.image.jpg

92d07bef1ecbd419267fa95121c1ba3e.jpg

when he can have this-gee i dont know.:abgg2q.jpg:

10468008_10152227286170981_1405492854074756648_o.jpg

20362242805_7e2ee1f6d8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the Chefs pulled it out. I'm 6-9 for the week. Had me worried until the end. Exciting game. It would be cool if they can both maintain their unbeaten streaks until their game in Mexico City. I think my money would be on the Rams.

11-4 this week. 37-24-2 for the season.

Still hating the NFL and it’s unclear rule sets. The QBs and WRs are so protected you can’t touch them. College football is looking better and better every week, this crap on Sundays is turning into a joke, I watched no games this week, it is just losing its appeal.

Still hating the NFL and it’s unclear rule sets. The QBs and WRs are so protected you can’t touch them. College football is looking better and better every week, this crap on Sundays is turning into a joke, I watched no games this week, it is just losing its appeal.
I missed most of the games this week. Surprisingly, I didn’t miss it all that much. The non contact rules and other rule changes over time has drastically changed the way the game is played. It’s really hard for the defenses to play. Might as well just have the QB and receivers wear flags. I’ll probably keep watching though, at least for now. I do miss the old school game that I grew up with.

Looks like Everson Griffen, a star DE with the Vikings is having some kind of mental breakdown. He didn't play against the Bills and was acting erratically the week before. Maybe that was part of the lack of focus shown by the team. Anyway, I wish him the best. I have no idea if he'll be back as a football player. Hopefully he will at the very least be able to live a normal life.

Anyway, on to the week 4 picks...

Thursday game
Vikings at LA Rams --- Hoping Vikes bounce back with some renewed focus and energy.

Sunday games
Jets at Jags --- Jags at home
Fish at Pats --- Pats rebound at home.
Eagles at Titans --- Eagles prevail on the road.
Texassans at Colts --- Going with Colts at home. Texans have been disappointing so far.
Bills at Pukers --- Hope the Bills team from last week shows up against the Pukers,
Kitties at Cowpies --- Lions playing fairly well on both sides of the ball. Dallas offense sucks.
Succaneers at Da Bearsus --- Interesting matchup. Bears strong D and weak O. Succs strong O and weak D. Going with another week of Fitzmagic.
Bengals at Falcons --- Falcons at home.
Seachix at Cards --- Guess I'll go with the Seachix, but both teams suck.
Browns at Raiders --- Browns get second win.
Saints at Giants --- Saints should have little trouble outscoring the Jersey Jints.
Whiners at Chargers --- Garropolo injured, Whiners will have hard time beating anyone.
Ravens at Steelers --- Steelers at home.

Monday game
Chefs at Broncos --- Chefs looking unstoppable.

Bye week: Panthers and Redskins

You should keep a chart. We have a football pool at work, I never join, but if your picks are better than average I might go with them

Some players are smart enough to observe the new rule without a detriment to their success! Khalil Mack here in Chicago's tearing it up and he hasn't been flagged once! The rule is simple concerning QB's; don't lead with the crown of the helmet and don't pick them up and pile drive them into the ground with all of their weight! SIMPLE! It's not that hard to understand! Last night in the KC/Denver game, Mahomes could have legitimately been taken out for the season, but the defenseman knew to pull up and not throw all his weight on the guy! No Flag! :2cents: :102: :321:

Forum List

Back