NFL Week 2 Prognostications

I think the Steelers might not have a good year.

I wouldn't trust the Steelers to valet parked cars.
Tomlin sucks as a coach, he has no control of his team, he doesn't get his team ready to play in the pre-season.
His star RB won't even show up.
His star WR is throwing hissy fits.
His star FG kicker is lucky to find the ball.
His star QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
The team is fragile, arrogant, over-rated and under-performing.
The offense is timid and balless.
The defense is clueless, confused and unpredictable.
It takes 5 Steelers to make a tackle.
It'll take these clowns half the season to figure out they stink.
They won't even make it into the playoffs.
The Steelers don't belong on the FB field with other NFL teams. They make Cleveland look good.

Tomlin's a bum.
Big Ben should have retired last year like he said he was.
Watch them spiral in 0-2-1 next week on Monday Night.

Tomlin sucks as a coach, he has no control of his team, he doesn't get his team ready to play in the pre-season.
The Steelers don't belong on the FB field with other NFL teams. They make Cleveland look good.

Tomlin's a bum.

Tomlin's record as Steelers coach:

10-6
12-4 (won SB)
9-7
12-4
12-4
8-8
8-8
11-5
10-6
11-5
13-3

Mike Tomlin Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Yeah, what a loser. :lol:

Tomlin's a bum.

10-6
12-4 (won SB)
9-7
12-4
12-4
8-8
8-8
11-5
10-6
11-5
13-3

Yep. Not talking about ten years ago when he was still playing with Cowher's team, I'm talking about NOW, today! If you actually followed the team as closely as I do, you'd know that Ben's been sputtering for several years, played so bad last year he publicly admitted considering quitting, they take half the season to find their rhythm, as usual, can't tackle, can't return balls, terrible time management, looked promising going in the post-season last year with everything favoring them only to fall on their faces embarrassingly to Jacksonville!

Tomlin's mal-coached Steelers regularly over-rate themselves, then play incredibly poorly to the worst teams they are heavily favored to win. Now after giving up 51 points to Green Bay in the Pre-season, they have come out with two historic loses: up by 14 points against the WORST team in NFL history with only 7 minutes left to play only to barely survive tying them in OT. Now yesterday again favored to win, the game should have been 28-0 with time lift in the 1st quarter! For the CHIEFS.

Tomlin is an unremarkable coach who despite considerable player talent, simply cannot get half of what he should out of his players on any sort of consistent basis. Even though they manage to put points on the board, you cannot win games with penalties on every play and a defense that allows a record-setting 6 TD passes by a rookies QB that made Roethlisburger look like a fool.

The biggest threat against the Steelers are themselves. While other teams show up looking like they have actually practiced together and know the plays and routes, Tomlin's Steelers routinely show up looking like a bunch of people who just met for the first time the day before. If the talent on the other team isn't enough to win, Tomlin's Steelers will find a way of losing and beating themselves. For YEARS I've heard far too many times over and over various color-commentators say when the Steelers had given them reason to think they were on a roll finally only to fool them again falling far short of a top caliber team and make embarrassing guffaws that were historic and record-setting failure.

The Steelers are a team far worse than they appear on paper or stat-wise.

Expect to see the Steelers spiral in this year finishing 2nd or 3rd in their division, not make the playoffs, and maybe finally, hopefully, Ben will hang it up with his perennial depth perception problem that almost got him killed in 2006 and let Josh Dobbs come in and save the team. Next year.

Tomlin's a bum.

10-6
12-4 (won SB)
9-7
12-4
12-4
8-8
8-8
11-5
10-6
11-5
13-3

Yep. Not talking about ten years ago when he was still playing with Cowher's team, I'm talking about NOW, today! If you actually followed the team as closely as I do, you'd know that Ben's been sputtering for several years, played so bad last year he publicly admitted considering quitting, they take half the season to find their rhythm, as usual, can't tackle, can't return balls, terrible time management, looked promising going in the post-season last year with everything favoring them only to fall on their faces embarrassingly to Jacksonville!

Tomlin's mal-coached Steelers regularly over-rate themselves, then play incredibly poorly to the worst teams they are heavily favored to win. Now after giving up 51 points to Green Bay in the Pre-season, they have come out with two historic loses: up by 14 points against the WORST team in NFL history with only 7 minutes left to play only to barely survive tying them in OT. Now yesterday again favored to win, the game should have been 28-0 with time lift in the 1st quarter! For the CHIEFS.

Tomlin is an unremarkable coach who despite considerable player talent, simply cannot get half of what he should out of his players on any sort of consistent basis. Even though they manage to put points on the board, you cannot win games with penalties on every play and a defense that allows a record-setting 6 TD passes by a rookies QB that made Roethlisburger look like a fool.

The biggest threat against the Steelers are themselves. While other teams show up looking like they have actually practiced together and know the plays and routes, Tomlin's Steelers routinely show up looking like a bunch of people who just met for the first time the day before. If the talent on the other team isn't enough to win, Tomlin's Steelers will find a way of losing and beating themselves. For YEARS I've heard far too many times over and over various color-commentators say when the Steelers had given them reason to think they were on a roll finally only to fool them again falling far short of a top caliber team and make embarrassing guffaws that were historic and record-setting failure.

The Steelers are a team far worse than they appear on paper or stat-wise.

Expect to see the Steelers spiral in this year finishing 2nd or 3rd in their division, not make the playoffs, and maybe finally, hopefully, Ben will hang it up with his perennial depth perception problem that almost got him killed in 2006 and let Josh Dobbs come in and save the team. Next year.

The Steelers look bad at the beginning of this season, sure. But particularly if Big Ben has been playing poorly for a few years, Tomlin seems to have done a good job getting the team to 10+ wins every year for the last 4 years.

Ravens at Bengals --- Ravens slightly better
Panthers at Falcons --- Good matchup. Falcons at home
Colts at Redskins --- Skins at home
Texassans at Titans --- Texassans
Iggles at Succaneers --- Iggles. Doubt Fitz will be able to rack up the points against the Iggles D.
Chefs at Steelers --- Steelers at home.
Fish at Jets --- Pretty closely matched teams. Jets at home.
Chargers at Bills --- Expected more from Bills after playoff appearance last year. Chargers.
Vikes at Pukers --- Pukers can't expect miracle finish every week against good defenses. Vikings.
Browns at Saints --- Doubt the Brownies have the horses to keep up with the Saints. Saints at home.
Kitties at Whiners --- Santa Clara Whiners at home.
Cards at Rams --- Rams, easily.
Pats at Jags --- Should be a good matchup. Going with Jags at home.
Raiders at Broncos --- Broncos at home.
Giants at Cowpies --- Jersey Jints take it to the Cowpies.
Seachix at Bearsus --- Bears D looking really good with addition of Mack. Bears at home.

Ravens at Bengals --- Guess its the Bengals who are a bit better.
Panthers at Falcons --- Check.
Colts at Redskins --- Colts defense played pretty well for a change.
Texassans at Titans --- Titans pull it out at home.
Iggles at Succaneers --- Fitzmagic still working.
Chefs at Steelers --- Who the fuck is Patrick Mahomes? Dude is playing lights out.
Fish at Jets --- And the fish pull it out.
Chargers at Bills --- Check. You know things are bad when one of your players just quits at halftime.
Vikes at Pukers --- Tie game. Vikes rookie kicker misses 3 FG attempts, two in OT. Feel bad for the kid, but hope he's gone.
Browns at Saints --- Check
Kitties at Whiners --- Check
Cards at Rams --- Check
Pats at Jags --- Check
Raiders at Broncos --- Check
Giants at Cowpies --- Cowpies manage a win without Dez and Witten.

Was watching the Viking - Packer game. Was in the 4th quarter and Vikings just scored their second TD. Fucking TV goes out. Pissed me off. Missed most of the action on Sunday. Hoping the Direct TV folks get my rig working before Monday Night football. Anyway, I'm 7-8 going into the Seachix - Bears game tonight. Lousy week of guessing.

Ravens at Bengals --- Ravens slightly better
Panthers at Falcons --- Good matchup. Falcons at home
Colts at Redskins --- Skins at home
Texassans at Titans --- Texassans
Iggles at Succaneers --- Iggles. Doubt Fitz will be able to rack up the points against the Iggles D.
Chefs at Steelers --- Steelers at home.
Fish at Jets --- Pretty closely matched teams. Jets at home.
Chargers at Bills --- Expected more from Bills after playoff appearance last year. Chargers.
Vikes at Pukers --- Pukers can't expect miracle finish every week against good defenses. Vikings.
Browns at Saints --- Doubt the Brownies have the horses to keep up with the Saints. Saints at home.
Kitties at Whiners --- Santa Clara Whiners at home.
Cards at Rams --- Rams, easily.
Pats at Jags --- Should be a good matchup. Going with Jags at home.
Raiders at Broncos --- Broncos at home.
Giants at Cowpies --- Jersey Jints take it to the Cowpies.
Seachix at Bearsus --- Bears D looking really good with addition of Mack. Bears at home.

Ravens at Bengals --- Guess its the Bengals who are a bit better.
Panthers at Falcons --- Check.
Colts at Redskins --- Colts defense played pretty well for a change.
Texassans at Titans --- Titans pull it out at home.
Iggles at Succaneers --- Fitzmagic still working.
Chefs at Steelers --- Who the fuck is Patrick Mahomes? Dude is playing lights out.
Fish at Jets --- And the fish pull it out.
Chargers at Bills --- Check. You know things are bad when one of your players just quits at halftime.
Vikes at Pukers --- Tie game. Vikes rookie kicker misses 3 FG attempts, two in OT. Feel bad for the kid, but hope he's gone.
Browns at Saints --- Check
Kitties at Whiners --- Check
Cards at Rams --- Check
Pats at Jags --- Check
Raiders at Broncos --- Check
Giants at Cowpies --- Cowpies manage a win without Dez and Witten.

Was watching the Viking - Packer game. Was in the 4th quarter and Vikings just scored their second TD. Fucking TV goes out. Pissed me off. Missed most of the action on Sunday. Hoping the Direct TV folks get my rig working before Monday Night football. Anyway, I'm 7-8 going into the Seachix - Bears game tonight. Lousy week of guessing.

We split on the 2 games I picked differently, so we're in the same boat this week. :p

Patriots traded for Josh Gordon. Patriots always have the balls to make moves like this. He'll put up stats like Randy Moss with Tom Brady.

Patriots traded for Josh Gordon. Patriots always have the balls to make moves like this. He'll put up stats like Randy Moss with Tom Brady.

I doubt he'll do quite that. He might not do anything all, if he's once again backslid into drug abuse. But he is the sort of fixer-upper project the Pats get on the cheap a lot.

I doubt he'll do quite that. He might not do anything all, if he's once again backslid into drug abuse. But he is the sort of fixer-upper project the Pats get on the cheap a lot.

Look how many years the Patriots got out of Mike Vrabel when people thought he was done and washed up. Or Cory Dillon.

The Steelers look bad at the beginning of this season, sure.

Look bad. That is one way of putting it. They couldn't look much worse for a team that starting out was actually favored to go to the Super Bowl! Hapless. Unprepared. Disorganized. Not even on the same page. No one expects them to go to the Super Bowl this year now. The talent is there, but great teams deserving of championships do not come out and play utterly befuddled. Ben has no depth perception, he throws short passes into the ground, into triple coverage or way over their heads. He can't hit a receiver more than 10 yards away. It takes him half the year to finally get his touch back, but by then, he is so banged up and injured from being hit so often merely trying to FIND his receivers.

Roethlisburger is perennially over-rated based on his initial freak first season but has never since lived up to that standard. He plays just good enough often enough and racks up enough good stats on paper that people keep telling themselves his constant bad playing is just a fluke to grow out of, rust, when really, his rare, occasional bursts of great plays are the fluke.

Big Ben is that rare contradiction in terms where one has to wonder how one QB can both play AS BAD as he does, and as good as he occasionally does, and yet still all be the same player? But his bad playing FAR outnumbers the good, and it is only getting worse.

The Tomlin Steelers sputter along always falling short of expectations, usually doing just well enough that at season's end, they are somehow still in the game. But the same problems follow them from season to season despite massive player changes; the only constant common denominator in all of it being the Head Coach who perennially fails to get anywhere near the potential out of his players because the team has no discipline, no focus under him. The Steelers deserve much better.

The Steelers are a potentially great team that is now visibly and shockingly unraveling at the seams before the world under the inept ministrations of an incapable and clueless Mike Tomlin.

mike-tomlin-headset.jpg

The Steelers look bad at the beginning of this season, sure.

Look bad. That is one way of putting it. They couldn't look much worse for a team that starting out was actually favored to go to the Super Bowl! Hapless. Unprepared. Disorganized. Not even on the same page. No one expects them to go to the Super Bowl this year now. The talent is there, but great teams deserving of championships do not come out and play utterly befuddled. Ben has no depth perception, he throws short passes into the ground, into triple coverage or way over their heads. He can't hit a receiver more than 10 yards away. It takes him half the year to finally get his touch back, but by then, he is so banged up and injured from being hit so often merely trying to FIND his receivers.

Roethlisburger is perennially over-rated based on his initial freak first season but has never since lived up to that standard. He plays just good enough often enough and racks up enough good stats on paper that people keep telling themselves his constant bad playing is just a fluke to grow out of, rust, when really, his rare, occasional bursts of great plays are the fluke.

Big Ben is that rare contradiction in terms where one has to wonder how one QB can both play AS BAD as he does, and as good as he occasionally does, and yet still all be the same player? But his bad playing FAR outnumbers the good, and it is only getting worse.

The Tomlin Steelers sputter along always falling short of expectations, usually doing just well enough that at season's end, they are somehow still in the game. But the same problems follow them from season to season despite massive player changes; the only constant common denominator in all of it being the Head Coach who perennially fails to get anywhere near the potential out of his players because the team has no discipline, no focus under him. The Steelers deserve much better.

The Steelers are a potentially great team that is now visibly and shockingly unraveling at the seams before the world under the inept ministrations of an incapable and clueless Mike Tomlin.

View attachment 217066

The Tomlin Steelers sputter along? I guess if you consider a bunch of 10+ win seasons and a Super Bowl victory sputtering along. Don't forget that the Patriots have been dominating the AFC for the past 15 years or so.

So before this season, the Steelers never got anywhere near the potential out of LeVeon Bell? Antonio Brown? Mourkice Pouncey? Lawrence Timmons? Heath Miller? Hines Ward?

It's not that rare to wonder how a QB can play as well as he does and as bad as he does. Just off the top of my head, that sounds like a good description of Eli Manning. Look at Ryan Fitzpatrick; playing great and then playing like garbage is his entire career! :lol:

The Steelers have started this season badly, and maybe Tomlin is losing control of the team. I refuse to call a coach with an 11+ year record of 116-61-1 and a Super Bowl win a bum. Most teams wish they had had the success the Steelers have had over the last 11 years. Only Green Bay and New England had more wins between 2006 and 2016. And he's a bum with a team that sputters along? :lol:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417

The Tomlin Steelers sputter along? I guess if you consider a bunch of 10+ win seasons and a Super Bowl victory sputtering along. So before this season, the Steelers never got anywhere near the potential out of LeVeon Bell? Antonio Brown? Mourkice Pouncey? Lawrence Timmons? Heath Miller? Hines Ward? Just off the top of my head, that sounds like a good description of Eli Manning. The Steelers have started this season badly, and maybe Tomlin is losing control of the team. I refuse to call a coach with an 11+ year record of 116-61-1 and a Super Bowl win a bum.

You keep talking about the past. The last SB the Steelers were in, they were terrible. Before that when they played Arizona was the high water mark for the whole team, including Ben. But it has been all downhill since then. Bell wasn't all that productive last year, he often gained few yards rushing, his biggest claim to fame was his catching ability. Brown? Are you aware he just asked to be traded? He stormed off the field last Sunday and refused to talk to the press. Another egomaniac who thinks 17 passes to him is just not enough. Pouncey is good when he can stay healthy. Timmons is gone isn't he? Heath and Hines, you are really going back now to the old Cowher team again. I'm surprised you didn't bring up Bettis and Polamalu. Wish we still had them.

Tomlin has finally LOST control of his team. Tomlin's record is of the past, and stats don't tell the whole picture.

The once fabled Killer Bees:
  1. Big Ben. A washed up has been who is lucky to play half the season well. No longer considered one of the top 10. The guy is routinely embarrassed now by young kids with no experience. Wants to retire but was hoping for one more ring (we won SB XL despite his bad playing).
  2. Antonio Brown. One of the greatest WRs to be sure, to the point that he has been taken out of the game with double and triple coverage, forcing Ben to throw to other people and AB is having an ego meltdown. He likely won't be back next year.
  3. LeVeon Bell. A great RB who is sitting out because getting paid double the next highest paid RB still isn't enough. Wants 3X which he will never get, PLUS wants to sit out 10 games and have a light work load so he's fresh and in good shape to play for someone else next season. Color him gone.
  4. Chris Bosewell. Really good consistent kicker until he was awarded 4 million dollar contract. Now can't hit the side of a barn with a ball.
That is Ben washed up and one foot out the door. AB wanting traded, Bell not even playing and wanting traded and Bosewell not even able to kick a FG reliably. That's the core of the Steelers. The HEART of their Super Bowl prowess. If these 4 could actually get their act together, thery might have a chance this year, but the defense can't keep the opponent under 40 points.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE another Super Bowl with Ben in it much less with Tomlin as the coach.

Ah, da Bearsus pulled out a win over the Seachix with a nice pick-6. Saved me from a losing record this week.

Khalil Mack once again left everyone wondering why the Raiders let him go.
Dumbest move since the Vikings traded away Randy Moss. I wonder if the Raider ownership is pissed about Gruden trading away their best player.

If he doesn’t get caught smoking weed

Forum List

Back