NFL Week 17 Predictions

Favre should've gone out when he said he was going to get out. Ended his career on a bright spot. Instead, he was on the hunt for that superbowl ring. The Jets completely mis-managed Pennington... what a great year for the kid. I think the Jets need a COMPLETE re-structuring. Herm Edwards didn't work... Mangini didn't work... time for something completely new, like what Coughlin did for the Giants.

Mangini won 10 games in his rookie year after the team won 4 the year prior, and would have won at least 10 games this year in Favre hadn't thrown 9 picks and 2 TDs in the last three games.

Those are pretty good numbers.

Jerry Jones is insistent that Phillips remains as coach because he is a "caretaker." Nothing else, nothing more. That is the way he wants it so that is the way he gets it. Wade Phillips cannot control the egos on this team. He will lose big again next year. The Jones will fire him and hire another "caretaker."

The future for the Cowboys is bleak IMHO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - as long as Jerry Jones is the owner and insists upon meddling in the team and trying to assemble a Fantasy Football roster, the Cowboys will never win anything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - as long as Jerry Jones is the owner and insists upon meddling in the team and trying to assemble a Fantasy Football roster, the Cowboys will never win anything.
:lol:

and thats a bad thing?

Yup New Orleans won the game did they? Ohh and Carolina is 12 and 4 just like your Giants.
No, not like NY, as NY beat the panthers and is still defending champs.

So much for that pap. Remind me how when I told you the Giants only won in over time you responded with a win is a win. But NOW, it is different, right?
You mean to say you feel confident giving up nearly 70 points in 2 must win games?

really?

I thought carolina was supposed to be a defensive powerhouse.

I'm a Vikes fan, and even though we won, I didn't really have a good feeling because I thought the Giants were a better team. They have the best power running game in the NFL. I think they are the team to beat in the NFC.
Vikes aern't bad, your organization is going in the right direction, you need a better QB I think.

If you watched a lot of Jet games you could feel mangini would go, he is like belichek, closed mouth and cold, without the football smarts.

You can't lose to Oakland, SF and seattle and keep your job when you were 8-3 and posed to be a #1 seed and end up 9-7 and out of the money.

And then there were 12.

New England as expected tops the AFC list.

Dallas as expected tops the NFC list.

Each of these will eventually play the lowest seeded opponent surviving the wildcard rounds next week while Kansas City and Atlanta each plays the highest seeded survivors.

I believe KC can take it all.

I also think Atlanta can take it all.

So the top seeds are far from a sure bet.

Football was really good this year.

Unfortunately the Raiders don't really belong in these playoffs anymore because they lost their starting QB. Now they are just taking up space that Tennessee or Denver probably deserves instead as the next best AFC team behind Oakland when Oakland was still a complete team.

Oakland also has McGloin who seemed useless during today's game. Cook who is the 3rd string looked a lot better than McGloin. Wonder how this late season QB controversy will be settled ?! It won't be pretty either way.

The Houston-Oakland game in Mexico City was very close earlier in the year. But this time Houston should be able to get paybacks. So after next weekend Oakland most likely will be gone.

On the NFC side it is Detroit that looks the weakest and will probably be gone.

The other teams of these 12 besides Oakland and Detroit all look pretty strong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back