NFL WEEK 12 PICKS

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
I'm at 102-58 this year. I guess my week with only 2 correct picks was an outlier and not a sign of my inability to pick right this season. :p

Thu Nov 23 12:30 pm Minnesota Vikings Detroit Lions - The Vikings are one of the best in the league right now, but I expect the Lions to play it close.
4:30 pm Los Angeles Chargers Dallas Cowboys - This was a tough pick. Two average teams at this point.
8:30 pm New York Giants Washington Redskins - The Giants won't win 2 in a row.
Sun Nov 26 1:00 pm Buffalo Bills Kansas City Chiefs - If the Chiefs can't beat this disastrous Bills team, their year is done.
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers New York Jets - The Panthers are looking like a wildcard team, while the Jets may be falling back to Earth after a surprisingly good first half.
1:00 pm Chicago Bears Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagles may be the best team going.
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Cincinnati Bengals - Anyone but the Browns.
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots - The Pats are quietly playing excellent D. They should roll over Miami.
1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons have been a disappointment after a SB appearance, but should be able to handle what has been a weak Bucs team.
1:00 pm Tennessee Titans Indianapolis Colts - The Colts are just not good this season. The Titans, while only middle-of-the-road, should get the win.
4:05 pm Seattle Seahawks San Francisco 49ers - The 49ers have a chance with both Sherman and Chancellor out, but Seattle takes it.
4:25 pm Denver Broncos Oakland Raiders - Very hard game to pick. Two teams not living up to the preseason promise. The Raiders squeak by.
4:25 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Arizona Cardinals - Jacksonville's D wins another game.
4:25 pm New Orleans Saints Los Angeles Rams - I give the Rams the bounce-back win at home, but the Saints are impressive and might pull out a win.
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers - We see why Rodgers is always in the MVP talk mix. Without him, this Packers team is not good.
Mon Nov 27 8:30 pm Houston Texans Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens are only consistent in their inconsistency; after a strong win, they'll drop one to a Texans team that has been devastated by injury this year.

I'm at 102-58 this year. I guess my week with only 2 correct picks was an outlier and not a sign of my inability to pick right this season. :p

Thu Nov 23 12:30 pm Minnesota Vikings Detroit Lions - The Vikings are one of the best in the league right now, but I expect the Lions to play it close.
4:30 pm Los Angeles Chargers Dallas Cowboys - This was a tough pick. Two average teams at this point.
Sun Nov 26 1:00 pm Buffalo Bills Kansas City Chiefs - If the Chiefs can't beat this disastrous Bills team, their year is done.
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers New York Jets - The Panthers are looking like a wildcard team, while the Jets may be falling back to Earth after a surprisingly good first half.
1:00 pm Chicago Bears Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagles may be the best team going.
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots - The Pats are quietly playing excellent D. They should roll over Miami.
1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons have been a disappointment after a SB appearance, but should be able to handle what has been a weak Bucs team.
1:00 pm Tennessee Titans Indianapolis Colts - The Colts are just not good this season. The Titans, while only middle-of-the-road, should get the win.
4:05 pm Seattle Seahawks San Francisco 49ers - The 49ers have a chance with both Sherman and Chancellor out, but Seattle takes it.
4:25 pm Denver Broncos Oakland Raiders - Very hard game to pick. Two teams not living up to the preseason promise. The Raiders squeak by.
4:25 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Arizona Cardinals - Jacksonville's D wins another game.
4:25 pm New Orleans Saints Los Angeles Rams - I give the Rams the bounce-back win at home, but the Saints are impressive and might pull out a win.
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers - We see why Rodgers is always in the MVP talk mix. Without him, this Packers team is not good.
Mon Nov 27 8:30 pm Houston Texans Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens are only consistent in their inconsistency; after a strong win, they'll drop one to a Texans team that has been devastated by injury this year.
Vikes over Kitties --- Revenge game, should be good. Both teams playing well.
Chargers over Cowpies --- Cowpies without Elliot just aren't very good.
Skins over Giants --- I'm not a Giants believer, even after last week's upset.
Chefs over Bills --- What has happened with the Chefs? They were on fire early in the season.
Panthers over Jets --- Panthers returning to form. Got to keep pace with the Saints.
Iggles over da Bearsus --- Iggles have soft schedule with only the Rams, a depleted Seachix , and Cowpies with the return of Elliot off suspension to worry about. Bears shouldn't be too hard for them.
Bungholes over Brownies --- Toilet Bowl game of the week.
Pats over FIsh --- Fish descending into suckdom. Pats excellent as usual.
Failcons over Succaneers --- Failcons trying to keep their wildcard chances alive.
Titans over Colts --- Mediocre is better than bad.
Seachix over Whiners --- Seachix defense no longer fearsome due to injuries, but their offense should keep them winners over lesser teams like the Whiners.
Raiduz over Broncos --- Neither team seems to be going anywhere. I'll give Raiduz an edge due to better offense.
Jags over Cards --- Probably a low scoring game. Defensive edge to Jags.
Rams over Saints --- Game of the week. Rams at home.
Steelers over the Green Bay Rodgerses --- Steelers should romp over the Pukers.
Ravens over Texassans --- Ravens defense has been playing well this season. Think they have 3 shutouts. May be 4 after this one.

Chefs over Bills --- What has happened with the Chefs? They were on fire early in the season.
Panthers over Jets --- Panthers returning to form. Got to keep pace with the Saints.
Iggles over da Bearsus --- Iggles have soft schedule with only the Rams, a depleted Seachix , and Cowpies with the return of Elliot off suspension to worry about. Bears shouldn't be too hard for them.
Failcons over Succaneers --- Failcons trying to keep their wildcard chances alive.
Seachix over Whiners --- Seachix defense no longer fearsome due to injuries, but their offense should keep them winners over lesser teams like the Whiners.
Raiduz over Broncos --- Neither team seems to be going anywhere. I'll give Raiduz an edge due to better offense.
Ravens over Texassans --- Ravens defense has been playing well this season. Think they have 3 shutouts. May be 4 after this one.

You were right about the Cowboys, they are sucking.

Kind of crazy the difference one player can make to a team. Pukers without Rodgers, Cowpies without Elliott... kaput.

Kind of crazy the difference one player can make to a team. Pukers without Rodgers, Cowpies without Elliott... kaput.

I agree with the Packers, but for the Cowboys, I think it's a combination of missing players. Elliott gets the press, but their left tackle was out for 2 weeks, and linebacker Sean Lee is hurt.....I saw some stats about the Cowboys defense and W/L record with and without Sean Lee. They are terrible when he is out. For example: Sean Lee's return won't be a panacea for Cowboys' defensive woes
Elliott being gone definitely hurts, but he doesn't carry the team the same way Rodgers does with the Packers IMO.

I agree with the Packers, but for the Cowboys, I think it's a combination of missing players. Elliott gets the press, but their left tackle was out for 2 weeks, and linebacker Sean Lee is hurt.....I saw some stats about the Cowboys defense and W/L record with and without Sean Lee. They are terrible when he is out. For example: Sean Lee's return won't be a panacea for Cowboys' defensive woes
Elliott being gone definitely hurts, but he doesn't carry the team the same way Rodgers does with the Packers IMO.
The Cowpies offense is predicated on the running game opening up opportunities for the passing game. Without Elliott, they don’t have any credible running game and their whole offense suffers. You’re right about the other missing players though. It all adds up.

The Cowpies offense is predicated on the running game opening up opportunities for the passing game. Without Elliott, they don’t have any credible running game and their whole offense suffers. You’re right about the other missing players though. It all adds up.

Alfred Morris is a perfectly good back. Not spectacular, but solid enough. He's averaging 4.9 YPC since Elliott has been gone. He just hasn't gotten that many opportunities, between the running back by committee approach the Cowboys are taking, and the defense playing so poorly that the Cowboys are forced to abandon the run.

Elliott is certainly a better back, but I think if the Cowboys weren't giving up so many points, the run game would be doing better than it is.

Halftime, Jags at Cards. Bortles vs. Gabbert. Penalty after penalty. Cards up by 10 but they should be paying me to continue watching this one. I'll stick with it, at least it hasn't yet put me to sleep.

11-3 going into tonight's game. I'm surprised the Cardinals were able to put up that many points on Jacksonville's D. The Chiefs are done. After a hot start, they've become terrible. Oh, they could still get to the playoff by winning a bad division (although I wouldn't count on that with how well the Chargers are playing of late), but I wouldn't trust this Chiefs team to win a playoff game. I haven't seen the games to know what the problem is, but the offense seems to have become completely flat.

The Packers are playing a closer than expected game against the Steelers right now.

Vikes over Kitties --- Revenge game, should be good. Both teams playing well. Check
Chargers over Cowpies --- Cowpies without Elliot just aren't very good. Check
Skins over Giants --- I'm not a Giants believer, even after last week's upset. Check
Chefs over Bills --- What has happened with the Chefs? They were on fire early in the season. Wrong
Panthers over Jets --- Panthers returning to form. Got to keep pace with the Saints. Check
Iggles over da Bearsus --- Iggles have soft schedule with only the Rams, a depleted Seachix , and Cowpies with the return of Elliot off suspension to worry about. Bears shouldn't be too hard for them. Check
Bungholes over Brownies --- Toilet Bowl game of the week. Check
Pats over FIsh --- Fish descending into suckdom. Pats excellent as usual. Check
Failcons over Succaneers --- Failcons trying to keep their wildcard chances alive. Check
Titans over Colts --- Mediocre is better than bad. Check
Seachix over Whiners --- Seachix defense no longer fearsome due to injuries, but their offense should keep them winners over lesser teams like the Whiners. Check
Raiduz over Broncos --- Neither team seems to be going anywhere. I'll give Raiduz an edge due to better offense. Check
Jags over Cards --- Probably a low scoring game. Defensive edge to Jags. Wrong
Rams over Saints --- Game of the week. Rams at home. Check
Steelers over the Green Bay Rodgerses --- Steelers should romp over the Pukers. Check. Actually a really good close game decided by a last second field goal. Didn't think the Pukers had it in them.

13 - 2 going into Monday Night game.

Vikes over Kitties --- Revenge game, should be good. Both teams playing well. Check
Skins over Giants --- I'm not a Giants believer, even after last week's upset. Check
Chefs over Bills --- What has happened with the Chefs? They were on fire early in the season. Wrong
Panthers over Jets --- Panthers returning to form. Got to keep pace with the Saints. Check
Iggles over da Bearsus --- Iggles have soft schedule with only the Rams, a depleted Seachix , and Cowpies with the return of Elliot off suspension to worry about. Bears shouldn't be too hard for them. Check
Failcons over Succaneers --- Failcons trying to keep their wildcard chances alive. Check
Seachix over Whiners --- Seachix defense no longer fearsome due to injuries, but their offense should keep them winners over lesser teams like the Whiners. Check
Raiduz over Broncos --- Neither team seems to be going anywhere. I'll give Raiduz an edge due to better offense. Check
Steelers over the Green Bay Rodgerses --- Steelers should romp over the Pukers. Check. Actually a really good close game decided by a last second field goal. Didn't think the Pukers had it in them.

You're ahead of me because of that Chargers - Cowboys game. Now we'll either end up tied, or you'll beat my by two, with the Monday night game. It's not that I trust the Texans to win so much as I expect the Ravens to lose a game they shouldn't. :p

You're ahead of me because of that Chargers - Cowboys game. Now we'll either end up tied, or you'll beat my by two, with the Monday night game. It's not that I trust the Texans to win so much as I expect the Ravens to lose a game they shouldn't. :p

fucking chargers fraud team did not cooperate.:mad:

If I had to pick right now, I'd pick the Chargers to win the AFC West. The Chiefs have gone from looking like the best team in the league to one of the worst, the Broncos have almost no offense, and the Raiders seem to have no identity.

If I had to pick right now, I'd pick the Chargers to win the AFC West. The Chiefs have gone from looking like the best team in the league to one of the worst, the Broncos have almost no offense, and the Raiders seem to have no identity.

indeed.one of those teams the donkeys,Paxton Lynch their quarterback i heard was in tears on the sideline after the game.lol a grown man crying over his performance.:biggrin: Looks like the donkeys blew this draft choice. Jared Goff looked like a joke as an NFL quarterback last year but he never cried in front of the cameras despite playing so horrible.He kept his composure and bounced back the next season and never let it get to him. Seems like Lynch cant handle having a rough welcome to the NFL as Goff did.:D

Forum List

Back