NFL week 1 prognostications

I'm not entirely disappointed in the Niners. Yes, they lost. Yes, Garoppolo threw 3 picks. However, they kept the game close, the D didn't completely suck, and there's definite potential. The Vikings should be good again this year, so a loss to them isn't terrible. Losing Goodwin hurt, as Jimmy G doesn't seem to have the same sort of rapport with Garcon, but Kittle stepped up at TE.

Cautiously optimistic after the loss.

I predict the Chicago Bears will experience one of the most embarrassing losses in history.

You should of watched the bears vs Steve Young and the 49ers...it was like 44 to zero at half time or when they lost to Tim and the broncos...Jesus Christ.

I predict the Chicago Bears will experience one of the most embarrassing losses in history.

You should of watched the bears vs Steve Young and the 49ers...it was like 44 to zero at half time or when they lost to Tim and the broncos...Jesus Christ.

IIRC Montana was knocked out of that game very early! The game plan was to stop him, not Steve Young! That was the end of their owning of the 49'rs! :2up: :2cents: :aargh:

Ah, football is back at last. They may have finally figured out what a catch is, but now they have muddied how a tackle may be made. Anyway, here's to another fun season of football.

Here's my picks:
  • FALCONS AT EAGLES --- Champs beat Failcons at home.
  • BILLS AT RAVENS --- Ravens at Home
  • JAGUARS AT GIANTS --- Jags great defense should smother Jersey Gints
  • BUCCANEERS AT SAINTS --- Saints should take care of Succaneers at home.
  • TEXANS AT PATRIOTS --- Should be a good matchup. Texans at full strength could be scary.
  • 49ERS AT VIKINGS --- Vikes at home.
  • TITANS AT DOLPHINS --- Think Titans overall better than the Fish.
  • BENGALS AT COLTS --- Bengals better defensively. Luck hasn't played for a couple years now.
  • STEELERS AT BROWNS --- Brownies should be better this year, but not good enough.
  • CHIEFS AT CHARGERS --- Chargers at home over Chefs without Alex Smith.
  • SEAHAWKS AT BRONCOS --- Another good matchup. Will Keenum turn into a pumpkin?
  • COWBOYS AT PANTHERS --- Panthers over Cowpies at home. Cowpies without Dez & Witten.
  • REDSKINS AT CARDINALS --- Can Card's brittle QB stay on the field?
  • BEARS AT PACKERS --- Green Bay Rogerses should beat the Bearsus at home.
  • JETS AT LIONS --- Kitties at home.
  • RAMS AT RAIDERS --- Should be interesting to see what Gruden can do with Raiders.

Some of the worst professional football I have ever seen....period. I hope it is the players not being season-ready and not due to the rule changes. Dallas looked horrible.

Ah, football is back at last. They may have finally figured out what a catch is, but now they have muddied how a tackle may be made. Anyway, here's to another fun season of football.

Here's my picks:
  • TEXANS AT PATRIOTS --- Should be a good matchup. Texans at full strength could be scary.
  • BENGALS AT COLTS --- Bengals better defensively. Luck hasn't played for a couple years now.
  • STEELERS AT BROWNS --- Brownies should be better this year, but not good enough.
  • SEAHAWKS AT BRONCOS --- Another good matchup. Will Keenum turn into a pumpkin?
  • COWBOYS AT PANTHERS --- Panthers over Cowpies at home. Cowpies without Dez & Witten.
  • RAMS AT RAIDERS --- Should be interesting to see what Gruden can do with Raiders.

Some of the worst professional football I have ever seen....period. I hope it is the players not being season-ready and not due to the rule changes. Dallas looked horrible.
Well, didn't expect them to be very good on offense without Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. They'll have to forge a new offensive identity.

Here's my picks:
  • FALCONS AT EAGLES --- Check. Eagles hold off the Falcons at the end.
  • BILLS AT RAVENS --- Check. Didn't expect a blowout though.
  • JAGUARS AT GIANTS --- Check.
  • BUCCANEERS AT SAINTS --- Surprise game. Who'd think the Succaneers with Fitz instead of Famous Jameis would beat the Saints in NO in an offensive shootout?
  • TEXANS AT PATRIOTS --- Check. Pats tcob.
  • 49ERS AT VIKINGS --- Check. Vikes defense gave Garrapolo a bad time.
  • TITANS AT DOLPHINS --- Marriotta hurt, Fish win.
  • BENGALS AT COLTS --- Check.
  • STEELERS AT BROWNS --- Tie game. Brownies improving - at least they didn't lose.
  • CHIEFS AT CHARGERS --- Chefs don't look like they miss Alex Smith at all.
  • SEAHAWKS AT BRONCOS --- Broncos defense has strong day. Do enough on offense to win.
  • COWBOYS AT PANTHERS --- Check.
  • REDSKINS AT CARDINALS --- Check. Looks like AP still has gas in the tank.
  • BEARS AT PACKERS --- Check. Was watching this game and had to leave. Was 17-0 in favor of the Bears at the time. Wasn't overly surprised to learn that the Pukers pulled out a win at home. It's kind of their thing.
  • JETS AT LIONS --- Same old Laydowns.
  • RAMS AT RAIDERS --- Check. Gruden trades away best defensive player. Raiders kept it close for a half, Rams ran away in second half.
10-6 week 1.

Forum List

Back