NFL - think twice on Limbaugh

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Jay Canuck, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    No, they would rather have a stand up guy like Michael Vick associated with their brand.

2. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,853
    A guy who went to prison for two years, served a suspension, and apologized for his actions over and over.

If Rush wants to drop his show and publicly apologize for being a divisive asshat on the radio for the last 20 years I would gladly change my opinion on whether or not he should be allowed into the Owners Club.

3. Paulie

Paulie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,647
    I don't give a shit WHO owns a private sports franchise as long as they keep politics the fuck out of it.

I don't want to have to watch a football game and hear about liberals and conservatives. It's like one of the very few outlets we have these days where you can escape that bullshit and just enjoy a politically neutral form of entertainment.

It's bad enough we have to watch the national broadcasters choke on a specific team's proverbial dick during a telecast. If Rush owned a team, I could care less so long as he NEVER mentioned politics on TV if it was during a sports telecast.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  4. Wicked Jester

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    So what did Rush say that was so offensive?

Donovan McNabb sucks. He's always sucked. And yes, the media was propping him up as something he's fully proven not to be, A great quarterback.

No harm, no foul.

Unless you're a loony liberal idiot who hates the constitution, and the first amendment right.

But hey, ya' beat dogs to death. Ya' elecrocute them. Ya' kill them by body slamming them to the ground. Ya' make money watching them tear each other to shreds, and all that's needed for redemption is a simple slap on the wrist, a short prison stay, and a lame apology. Yep, everything is just peachy keen!

Seriously, liberals are friggin' idiots!

5. Paulie

Paulie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,647
    I'm not the biggest McNabb supporter as an Eagle fan, and I admit I called for his head last year right before he stepped his game up and fired us into the NFC championship game...

But much like Elway, he's a SB win away from either ending his career as a winner, or a ending up with the loser albatross forever hanging around his neck.

Absent a SB win, I'm not sure there's ever been another QB with the kind of success McNabb has had. I mean, If McNabb sucks, so does Marino.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone in the major media refer to Marino as a failure, even in the face of his failure to win the big one.

When I look at highlights from McNabb's biggest and most important postseason performances, I can name one game that stands out most in my mind as being HIS fault in a sheer majority. The rest, I attribute to very poor performance across the board.

I'll never forgive him though, for taking his sweet ass time walking up to the line of scrimmage in the Super Bowl with the clock close to expiring and being about a play away from an easily makeable David Akers FG to send the game to OT. Yeah, he was throwing up. So what. That 100 million dollar contract and that trophy aren't motivation enough? He wasn't the only one moseying up to the line, either. The entire fucking offense might as well have walked BACKWARDS, as slow as they were moving.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I digress.

6. Wicked Jester

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    He's a guy who didn't even realize that games could end in ties. I mean seriously, this is an NFL quarterback, one of the highest paid at the time, who was completely clueless as to the rules of the game. But, at the time Limbaugh made his comments, there was no reason whatsoever for the media to be fawning over the guy. He had proven absolutely nothing. And yeah, I remember the puking game. Christ, Jack Youngblood of the REAL RAMS, the L.A. Rams, played an entire super bowl with a freakin' broken leg. And he played for peanuts, compared to what McNabb was making. McNabb should have swallowed that puke and sucked it up!
    Now, I take it you're from Jersey, judging from your avatar. Who's your team, Giants or Jets. Or are you an Eagles fan?
    Both the Giants and Jets have great quarterbacks. I just knew that Sanchez was going to be a good one. He played for my beloved Trojans, and you could see his talent way back in high school. If he stays healthy, the Jets could seriously be looking at a super bowl win or two, with Sanchez at the helm.

7. Paulie

Paulie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,647
    I mentioned in that last post I'm an Eagles fan. I'm south Jersey, this is philly sports territory.

And you'll find plenty of my posts here from last season where I lambasted McNabb for that OT comment.

At this point, the only reason I want him to succeed is because I've got 10 years of my Eagles game watching career invested in the guy. I'd hate for that all to be in vain.

If he wins the big one this year, does your opinion of him change even in the slightest? I only ask, because it's pretty well known that Elway went from zero to hero in a nano-second.

8. Wicked Jester

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    It will change my opinion of him only in the sense that he's won a superbowl, Same as Doug Williams did a few years ago.
    I look at all the great talent he's had over the years and his failure to capitalize on it. Particularly the defense. They should have won at least two super bowls with the talent they had.
    Now, Elway was a great quarterback who for many years didn't have great talent around him to work with. Also, he played in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL at that time when he wasn't surrounded by great talent. The Raiders were great, the Chiefs were great. And, there was no greater quarterback then Elway when you needed that last minute drive. Elway could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. There's very few who were, or are now as tough as him. You would have never seen him off on the sidelines puking his guts out while his teams fate was on the line.
    McNabb is a good quarterback. But he can never be considered up there with Elway and others.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,595
    32 rich Republicans don't want Rush as part of their club.

That's all you need to know.

10. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    32 stupid rich republicans that should not have bothered him in the first place, spineless pricks.