NFL Season Is Too Long. So Many Are Being Put On Season Ending IR List

It's all about the money. They will squeeze these players for every game they can get out of them.

Plus, it's important to keep the American people believing that the games are on the up and up.

Americans need to believe that the outcome of each game has not been, for the most part, predetermined. The need to believe that their team has a chance to compete and win each time they go into play. That each season their team has a shot to win it all. If they didn't, Americans wouldn't buy that merchandise, buy those tickets, and watch like they do.

Who cares about the players, they get paid a mint for their services. It's all about the owners and their plans.

When you think about it, it's all a pretty good metaphor for life. lol

Very cynical.

I think there is point-shaving going on. Gambling. Now politics is all ESPN wants to talk about.

Thank God for Fox Sports.

I can't believe you are actually saying, "Thank god for TV." :eek-52:

Corruption is corruption. On the ground, at the game, no matter who covers it. Even if it weren't televised. Being televised, commented on, and spun, just makes it seem legit. There at the game, with the coaches, the managers, and the refs involved, it seems, well, inconceivable sometimes, just outright unbelievable. You really have to LOVE the game to believe that shit year after year, coincidence after coincidence.

No, I'm not cynical, I don't believe the players are in on it beyond doping themselves like animals and taking what ever shit they are dealt.

The year Katrina hit New Orleans, who won the Super Bowl?

The year 911 happened, who won the Super Bowl?

It's all just a show.

What the NFL needs for the American people is the same thing Professional wrestling needed, an Andy Kaufman. Somebody to wake folk up, to get their collective heads out of their asses, and to not be distracted on trivial matters.

The year of 9/11 the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl and the year of Katrina the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl.

Nice.

I don't know if you are trying to be snarky, or if I was just really unclear, but I think you know what I meant. What kind of sense would it make to have any connection between a Super Bowl victor BEFORE the event happened? Nobody would care, nor would would create that movie like atmosphere in their lives.

THE POINT, is that lives, my life, your life, EVERYONE'S, is being made into a show when you watch.

Obviously I meant, THE SEASON AFTER those events.

So let's re-examine those statements.

The year Katrina hit New Orleans, who won the Super Bowl the season after?

The year 911 happened, who won the Super Bowl the season after?

For clearly, THIS is what is important.
It's all about the money. They will squeeze these players for every game they can get out of them.

Plus, it's important to keep the American people believing that the games are on the up and up.

Americans need to believe that the outcome of each game has not been, for the most part, predetermined. The need to believe that their team has a chance to compete and win each time they go into play. That each season their team has a shot to win it all. If they didn't, Americans wouldn't buy that merchandise, buy those tickets, and watch like they do.

Who cares about the players, they get paid a mint for their services. It's all about the owners and their plans.

When you think about it, it's all a pretty good metaphor for life. lol

Very cynical.

I think there is point-shaving going on. Gambling. Now politics is all ESPN wants to talk about.

Thank God for Fox Sports.

I can't believe you are actually saying, "Thank god for TV." :eek-52:

Corruption is corruption. On the ground, at the game, no matter who covers it. Even if it weren't televised. Being televised, commented on, and spun, just makes it seem legit. There at the game, with the coaches, the managers, and the refs involved, it seems, well, inconceivable sometimes, just outright unbelievable. You really have to LOVE the game to believe that shit year after year, coincidence after coincidence.

No, I'm not cynical, I don't believe the players are in on it beyond doping themselves like animals and taking what ever shit they are dealt.

The year Katrina hit New Orleans, who won the Super Bowl?

The year 911 happened, who won the Super Bowl?

It's all just a show.

What the NFL needs for the American people is the same thing Professional wrestling needed, an Andy Kaufman. Somebody to wake folk up, to get their collective heads out of their asses, and to not be distracted on trivial matters.

The year of 9/11 the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl and the year of Katrina the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl.
Ah yes, my apologies. I was incorrect on the Katrina thing. However, I was correct about the Patriots thingy.

They even changed the Super Bowl logo, just so they could make everyone feel like they were living in their own little movie. I think you know what I was talking about, the Season AFTER the event.

And Katrina DID have an affect on the team, just not immediately.
New Orleans Saints success Super Bowl win rode in on Katrina s wake NOLA.com

But if you do some digging, I think you will find if you have an open mind, culturally, there is a connection between how the media and the cultural elites wish you to perceive your world, and how the major sport is manipulated.

"Also, Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans was the first Super Bowl to be played after 9/11. Like the first everything after 9/11, there would be extra attention on this one (to the extent any Super Bowl needs, or can bear, any "extra" attention) and it would be infused with patriotic sentiment and imagery. The Super Bowl logo was changed from this to this. The NFL probably wanted at least one of the teams in the game to have some symbolic value, and what better than a team called the "Patriots" to put on sports' biggest stage, for that specific reason?

So, here we have a divisional playoff game between a franchise the NFL deeply despises and a team the NFL really, really wants to have playing in the Super Bowl. The despised team appears to wrap up a victory late in the game by forcing a turnover on what looks like an uncontroversial and not-at-all-unusual play. But the NFL cannot have the despised Raiders advance at the expense of a team called the "Patriots" in this situation.

So someone at the NFL office -- perhaps Commissioner Paul Tagliabue himself -- calls up the officiating booth personally and says, bluntly, "Find a way to give New England the ball back. I don't care how, I don't care why, just find it. Get out the rulebook and find something, anything. Do it. Now."

The booth relays the message to Coleman, who stops the game before the Raiders can run a play. The officials in the booth conduct the video review while one of them searches the rule book and finds the little-known, never-invoked "tuck rule." They confer with the officials on the field and come up with an explanation to match the rule to the video replay. The call is made. And the rest is history."
How s This for a Conspiracy Theory
amazing how a thread about sports injurys became a conspiracy topic.lol well since we are talking this,I feel certain superbowls have been thrown before.The Raiders you mention being one of them. one of the offensive lineman left the team just a few days before the game.

I guarantee Gruden paid him off.even the players were quouted saying the bucs knew every play there were running and remarked it was like they were in the huddle with them.

Tim Brown had his suspecians as well.

I think the officiating could have been better.

Forum List

Back