NFL Rookie Of The Year? RGIII ? Russell Wilson ? Andrew Luck ? You Pick!

Can you name one WR Marino had off the top of your head? I can't even name any of his teammates off the top of my head. I know it's been a while and all; but he played with nobodies in a tougher era and put up great numbers. He threw for 5,000 yards in an era that 4,000 yards was amazing. I watched the guy play. He's arguably the greatest QB to ever play. To pretend Wilson holds a candle to him? Lay off the homer juice dude.

Duper, Clayton, Moore....

Did you find anything else interesting on pro-football-reference dot com? LOL I barely remember them even with you reminding me. In fact, Duper is the only one even ringing the bell. Don Shula was the only other notable on that team. LOL

Hell, I'm not a Dolphins fan and I remember Marino had the two Marks!

Can you name one WR Marino had off the top of your head? I can't even name any of his teammates off the top of my head. I know it's been a while and all; but he played with nobodies in a tougher era and put up great numbers. He threw for 5,000 yards in an era that 4,000 yards was amazing. I watched the guy play. He's arguably the greatest QB to ever play. To pretend Wilson holds a candle to him? Lay off the homer juice dude.

Marino had talent but was not a great quarterback in the vein of a Bradshaw, Montana or others that can be mentioned. Alot was made of Marino's quick release, but the fact is that Marino hated to get hit and would scream at his O line whenever he got dirt on his uniform. He was more interested in having a long and profitable career than risking injury in the pursuit of a Super Bowl title.

Duper and Clayton could catch just about anything Marino could throw in their direction. They took an ungodly amount of punishment to catch balls that other receivers wouldn't have attempted. The guys who really deserve the credit are sadly forgotten these days, but Duper was truly Super and Clayton simply unbelievable - whereas Marino was never as good as the quarterbacks who won the Super Bowl. And that is a fact.

Marino had talent but was not a great quarterback in the vein of a Bradshaw, Montana or others that can be mentioned. Alot was made of Marino's quick release, but the fact is that Marino hated to get hit and would scream at his O line whenever he got dirt on his uniform. He was more interested in having a long and profitable career than risking injury in the pursuit of a Super Bowl title.

Duper and Clayton could catch just about anything Marino could throw in their direction. They took an ungodly amount of punishment to catch balls that other receivers wouldn't have attempted. The guys who really deserve the credit are sadly forgotten these days, but Duper was truly Super and Clayton simply unbelievable - whereas Marino was never as good as the quarterbacks who won the Super Bowl. And that is a fact.

I think you misspelled opinion. :lol:

I disagree completely. Marino had sub par wide-outs and if they took punishment it is b/c they weren't great at creating space. Also, I've never seen a QB that could more consistently throw 20 to 40 yard passes right on the money. So, it was more than his quick release. You put Marino on the Niners and he would have had plenty of rings.

Also, Marino was still pretty healthy and he left millions of dollars on the table when he retired.

When Have I ever said Wilson is the greatest QB to have ever played the game? You really need to lay off the hate "Dude" .

This thread is only about rookies. Everyone in the whole damn country has admiration of Wilson's rookie year "Dude".

He has the best ROOKIE stats ever "Dude". To say that is not an extra ordinary accomplishment is just willfully ignorant....."Dude".

Yeah seems like he has a reading comprehension problem or something.:cuckoo: The thread title clearly says rookie of the year as in THIS YEARS ROOKIES.:lol: How the hell Dan Marino got brought in the discussion on THIS thread is nutty.:lol:

exactly.well said.gives standing ovation.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah Marino when he got to the big game,he always choked everytime.After his rookie year when he set what was then an NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single season,he stunk up the joint in big games in the playoffs after that.Matter of fact I remember reading that from a non biased source here in Kc where I live when Marino was in the playoffs in 98 against the broncos they had a big article in there talking about that.

Last edited:

exactly.well said.gives standing ovation.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah Marino when he got to the big game,he always choked everytime.After his rookie year when he set what was then an NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single season,he stunk up the joint in big games in the playoffs after that.Matter of fact I remember reading that from a non biased source here in Kc where I live when Marino was in the playoffs in 98 against the broncos they had a big article in there talking about that.

Everyone has their biases dumbfuck. Ovate that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back