NFL ratings down 11%, College football viewership up. Why do you think that is?

You've got to be a really stupid shyte to allow the destruction of league in which you had a Right to print money, all to appease some rabid politically correct Snowflakes.

Some can call the anger against the protests some sort of "counter Snowflake", but it doesn't matter, from a purely financial standpoint, why in the would would owners try to appease some fake outrage from soy drinkers when their fan base drink beer and hang the flag proudly outside their homes?

As I said before, they should study this in business school, "how NOT to run a profitable business". I haven't even been a fan of the NFL for years and I understand their fan base seemingly better than Executives.

Thanks for yet another reason to laugh at you.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. They should buy Canada and do something with it.

Owners want to make more not less. If ratings are down it means less exposure and selling of gear etc. You don't look at a league in terms of it's earnings you have to look at the earning potential and Opportunity Cost.

One sale fetched $500M less than expected. There is the potential for a drag on ownership:

NFL Sale Prices Being Hurt By League's Declining Popularity

That must suck. The owner of the Panthers got only $2B+ for his team. To put the in perspective, the Panthers are a small to mid market team and are likely on the low end of the spectrum as far as valuation goes. Now consider there are 32 of these teams. SO the base valuation is $62B if you use the panthers as barometer. Clearly the Cowboys and Patriots and Steelers and Raiders would be worth far more (the new Raiders stadium is worth over a billion BY ITSELF). For further perspective, NASCAR is rumored to be for sale. Not Gibbs Racing; not the Charlotte Motor Speedway…the entire organization. The price for the whole kit and caboodle? $5B. Formula one sold for $8B. So the false narrative of the NFL being in some sort of trouble is rubbish from toe to tip.

What is in trouble is sports in general. The lengthy events are mostly advertising and fewer and fewer people are going to invest blocks of hours to be force fed commercials.

You've got to be a really stupid shyte to allow the destruction of league in which you had a Right to print money, all to appease some rabid politically correct Snowflakes.

Some can call the anger against the protests some sort of "counter Snowflake", but it doesn't matter, from a purely financial standpoint, why in the would would owners try to appease some fake outrage from soy drinkers when their fan base drink beer and hang the flag proudly outside their homes?

As I said before, they should study this in business school, "how NOT to run a profitable business". I haven't even been a fan of the NFL for years and I understand their fan base seemingly better than Executives.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. They should buy Canada and do something with it.

Owners want to make more not less. If ratings are down it means less exposure and selling of gear etc. You don't look at a league in terms of it's earnings you have to look at the earning potential and Opportunity Cost.

One sale fetched $500M less than expected. There is the potential for a drag on ownership:

Wow. 500 million less. I hope they really enjoyed pandering to their anti-American piece of shit players. I hope it was worth it.

Maybe they should just tell their fans that they hate them. That should turn it all around.

Wow. 500 million less. I hope they really enjoyed pandering to their anti-American piece of shit players. I hope it was worth it.

Maybe they should just tell their fans that they hate them. That should turn it all around.

Last night as I watched people waiting in line to go into a Trump rally I thought same people who think it's disrespectful to kneel for the Anthem and why did I think this? Every 3rd person in line was disrespecting the flag either with a flag hat, shirt, pants one actually had a flag wrapped around their shoulders. Now that is a disgrace not kneeling for the anthem.

Last night as I watched people waiting in line to go into a Trump rally I thought same people who think it's disrespectful to kneel for the Anthem and why did I think this? Every 3rd person in line was disrespecting the flag either with a flag hat, shirt, pants one actually had a flag wrapped around their shoulders. Now that is a disgrace not kneeling for the anthem.

There is a traditional and very reserved set of standards of the traditionally proper way to respectfully treat the Flag.

And yes, obviously many people today disagree with those traditional rules.

It is a valid point of discussion over which is right.

BUT, both sets of people you describe, the Traditionalists who would show respect for the flag only by flying a proper flag in the proper conditions, AND the group that would show their own form of respect to the flag by wearing it on a hat,

both have the INTENT of showing respect for the Flag.

Someone who purposefully does the OPPOSITE of the action that is done to show Respect, is purposefully showing the OPPOSITE of respect, ie DISRESPECT.

And if someone managed to blind themselves to the obvious meaning of their actions, the originator of this movement, clarified it, when he explained that he was kneeling because he could not show respect to America.

This is pretty simple shit.

Stop pretending you don't get it.

There is a traditional and very reserved set of standards of the traditionally proper way to respectfully treat the Flag.

And yes, obviously many people today disagree with those traditional rules.

It is a valid point of discussion over which is right.

BUT, both sets of people you describe, the Traditionalists who would show respect for the flag only by flying a proper flag in the proper conditions, AND the group that would show their own form of respect to the flag by wearing it on a hat,

both have the INTENT of showing respect for the Flag.

Someone who purposefully does the OPPOSITE of the action that is done to show Respect, is purposefully showing the OPPOSITE of respect, ie DISRESPECT.

And if someone managed to blind themselves to the obvious meaning of their actions, the originator of this movement, clarified it, when he explained that he was kneeling because he could not show respect to America.

This is pretty simple shit.

Stop pretending you don't get it.

I know what the U.S. Flag Code is and while it is not a crime it is more disrespectful to wear the flag or any part of it than it is to kneel for the anthem. So suck it up buttercup snowflake. Don't be a fucking hypocrite.

it's the power of the president's bully pulpit...

he hates the NFL and has been trying to pull them down since they rejected him and his football league, decades ago

one thing this president believes in, and that is revenge, vengence.

I will maintain my position. When some well paid athlete dares to kneel to a flag and for an anthem while some poor guy from Idaho is dealing with 110 degree heat in some shytehole country, surviving on rations, the daily fear of IED or his family on his mind, I care little for some mindless athlete.

Focus in the issue not some collective hatred for the U.S and it's symbols.

On Sirius college football this morning, there was a discussion about the fact that NFL viewership is significantly down (11%+) while college football viewership has slightly grown.

NFL ratings down 11%, College football viewership up. Why do you think that is? : CFB

College football is infinitely more entertaining.

Every year who is going to win the NCG is a complete mystery. Will it be Alabama, Alabama, or Alabama?

I know I'm glued to the screen.

I'll tell you what they must be shooting those Alabama players up with something it doesn't look like they can be beat. It's like the whole team becomes one gigantic tank and runs over everyone.

On Sirius college football this morning, there was a discussion about the fact that NFL viewership is significantly down (11%+) while college football viewership has slightly grown.

NFL ratings down 11%, College football viewership up. Why do you think that is? : CFB

simple.many here are in denial mode about it knowing a great game that is near and dear to them has been tainted but it is not because of the players not saluting the flag,ratings started dropping way before that,it is because the rest of the country is fed up that the patriots are cheaters who have ruined a great sport and are that shady brady and bill belicheat are not true winners of five superbowls and should have all their victorys under them removed.Because of that,the NFL is corrupt so every body is turning to COLLEGE football instead they are so disgusted with the NFL and the criminal cartel it is.

Forum List

Back