NFL Playoffs Wild Card round

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Oakland vs Houston - Neither team is starting a particularly experienced QB. Houston has the better D, but I still think Oakland will be able to put up enough points to get the W

Miami vs Pittsburgh - Miami won't have Tannehill playing. Even with him I'd probably have picked the Steelers, but without I don't think the Dolphins have much chance

NY Giants vs Green Bay - Green Bay seems to have more momentum

Detroit vs Seattle - I wouldn't be surprised if this went the other way. Detroit backed in to the playoffs, but Seattle has looked very beatable this year

Oakland vs Houston - Neither team is starting a particularly experienced QB. Houston has the better D, but I still think Oakland will be able to put up enough points to get the W

Miami vs Pittsburgh - Miami won't have Tannehill playing. Even with him I'd probably have picked the Steelers, but without I don't think the Dolphins have much chance

Detroit vs Seattle - I wouldn't be surprised if this went the other way. Detroit backed in to the playoffs, but Seattle has looked very beatable this year

I hope you're right about the Raiders. I agree on Steelers and Seattle. I'm going to go with the Giants tho. Giants are dangerous

I hope you're right about the Raiders. I agree on Steelers and Seattle. I'm going to go with the Giants tho. Giants are dangerous

The Giants vex me. I can never tell if they are good or not. When I think they are not, they win. When I change my mind and think they are, they lose. :lol:

Steelers over Fish --- Miami's only chance is for dominant running game keeping Steelers offense off the field.

Raiders over Texassans --- hard to pick this one. Good offense without starting QB vs good defensive team with crap offense. Raiders at home. Expect the winner to lose next week.

Giants over Pukers --- Giants playing great defense now. Pukers playing great offense now. Hoping Giants overcome road game and Pukers favoritism.

Seattle over Kitties--- Seachix missing their great safety on defense. They haven't been the same. Should still be better than the kitties though.

Think Giants take out the Pack too.....they arent good enough to keep winning streak like that alive against good competition....little letdown after being under the gun is too mush to overcome

Oakland won twelve games, Texans won eight against second rate teams
Now Oakland has to win without significant QB contribution. Run, Run and short dump off passes
Third and thirteen? Hand it off

Punt and make Osweilder beat you

Pitt wins easily over Fish with Big Ben, Brown and Running game dominating

Detroit has lost three in a row against playoff teams and Seattle will make it four

Giants D against Rogers in ten degree weather
Look for Giants to find a way to win a close one.

Steelers over Fish --- Miami's only chance is for dominant running game keeping Steelers offense off the field.

Raiders over Texassans --- hard to pick this one. Good offense without starting QB vs good defensive team with crap offense. Raiders at home. Expect the winner to lose next week.

Giants over Pukers --- Giants playing great defense now. Pukers playing great offense now. Hoping Giants overcome road game and Pukers favoritism.

Seattle over Kitties--- Seachix missing their great safety on defense. They haven't been the same. Should still be better than the kitties though.

Raiders at Home?
The Texans were kicking the shit out of the Raiders in mehico until it became apparent the NFL wanted the Raiders to win and the laser bullshit.

The majority of football prognosticators are picking the Texans.
And I hope you're right about Pittsburg.
As a Texan fan I'd much rather play KC than the Patriots.

IF I had to bet:

Oakland
+4 vs Houston - 37.5
Sorry HereWeGo...but HOUS has been horrible for so many years. Did you see the last few playoff games with them? Horrible! I think OAK OL may be good enough to slow HOU only strength (DL). take OAK/UNDER?

Miami +11 vs Pittsburgh - 45.5
Miami on the road? Moore may be better than Tannehill? this game I have no idea. PITT/ROLF is always so good? But MIA is good sleeper at +11, and OVER. Gosh DAMNN I hate the refs. They can kill you on the over/under messing with the clock.

NY Giants +5 vs Green Bay - 44.5Green Bay seems to have more momentum (weak agreement, ELI scares me as does NY DL). OVER

Detroit +8 vs Seattle - 44
Poor Poor DET. On the road....outdoors, but weather says 37deg. Should be non-issue. I am not Caldwell hater. I give chance DET & UNDER (go DET, I am tired of dirty big-mouthed CB on SEA!)

disclaimer: I once spent a year.........started betting College. Led to NFL. I lost so many OVER/UNDER.......But I cannot stay away from it. Hencforth I have not bet for many years. I did not bet these games (yet, I am looking). Looks like only overseas sites are now valid.

Last edited:

Raiders at Home?
The Texans were kicking the shit out of the Raiders in mehico until it became apparent the NFL wanted the Raiders to win and the laser bullshit.
Texassans might beat the Raiders. They do have a good defense going against a 3rd string QB. I don't give them much of a chance against any other playoff team beyond this game though.

All these teams are unpredictable.

Of them all Seattle seems like the most talented. But even they have their bad days.

Without Carr the Raiders won't last long. So they might as well lose fast and let Houston play on. I will be watching the game but I don't think the Raiders stand a chance anymore. Hopefully next year Carr will be able to scramble better on his fixed broken leg.

I like Eli so I hope he wins. His team has much to be desired though. So they won't last long either. However I absolutely hate the cheese heads.

The Steelers are an ancient powerhouse -- steel curtain etc of yesterlore -- so I hope Big Ben can pull it off one more time. He already has 2 superbowl rings. I would not mind seeing him get a 3rd. He and his team seem like the kind that can knock off the NE Cheaters.

Bottom line -- everyone hates the Cheaters. So the best team needs to face them off down the road before the Superbowl. So far that looks like Pittsburg in the AFC.

The majority of football prognosticators are picking the Texans.
And I hope you're right about Pittsburg.
As a Texan fan I'd much rather play KC than the Patriots.

IF I had to bet:

Oakland
+4 vs Houston - 37.5
Sorry HereWeGo...but HOUS has been horrible for so many years. Did you see the last few playoff games with them? Horrible! I think OAK OL may be good enough to slow HOU only strength (DL). take OAK/UNDER?

Miami +11 vs Pittsburgh - 45.5
Miami on the road? Moore may be better than Tannehill? this game I have no idea. PITT/ROLF is always so good? But MIA is good sleeper at +11, and OVER. Gosh DAMNN I hate the refs. They can kill you on the over/under messing with the clock.

NY Giants +5 vs Green Bay - 44.5Green Bay seems to have more momentum (weak agreement, ELI scares me as does NY DL). OVER

Detroit +8 vs Seattle - 44
Poor Poor DET. On the road....outdoors, but weather says 37deg. Should be non-issue. I am not Caldwell hater. I give chance DET & UNDER (go DET, I am tired of dirty big-mouthed CB on SEA!)

disclaimer: I once spent a year.........started betting College. Led to NFL. I lost so many OVER/UNDER.......But I cannot stay away from it. Hencforth I have not bet for many years. I did not bet these games. However I am thinking of seeing if it still works? Can you log in and put up some funds and bet like the olden days? Or did they change it?

No Carr and Penn wont be protecting CC's blind side.
And if you look you'll see that almost all of the prognosticators are picking the Texans.

Raiders at Home?
Texassans might beat the Raiders. They do have a good defense going against a 3rd string QB. I don't give them much of a chance against any other playoff team beyond this game though.

We already beat KC once this year but they have improved.

No Carr and Penn wont be protecting CC's blind side.
And if you look you'll see that almost all of the prognosticators are picking the Texans.

4PTS is a field goal game, Janakowski can go 55+ easy if he not doped up. I don't see any of you going by points? I suppose they have a WIN line too.

Oakland Raiders +180 Bet $110 (+10% juice?) to win $180 (don't remember how this works?)
Houston Texans -195 Bet $205 (+10% juice?) to win $100

HOU could win 3-0 and OAK would win PONTS BET and UNDER. HOU never seems to score any points. They are a terrible offensive team, correct? Am I wrong?

Last edited:

I'll take Oakland out right.

Detroit will lose to Seattle.

Pittsburgh will win but I'll take Miami and the points.

Green Bay beats the Giants by the spread.

They want SO MUCH information on these betting sites.........it is scaring me? Birthdate......Mothers Maiden name........Credit Card......etc.

They want SO MUCH information on these betting sites.........it is scaring me? Birthdate......Mothers Maiden name........Credit Card......etc.

I never bet. I just have fun picking the games and seeing what other people think about the possible results. Maybe if I had a bunch of disposable income I didn't care about I'd bet, but I think losing money on it would just be too frustrating. It's annoying enough when I'm wrong about games I don't have money on! :lol:

Raiders at Home?

We already beat KC once this year but they have improved.
KC is inconsistent.

Forum List

Back