NFL Playoff Weekend II, 1-14

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
so, looking at the schedule, aside from the Niners, I see the home teams again making it happen.

-Schaub is out , the Texans won't be able to mount an Off. that will get them over the top against the Ravens.....

- The Pats are so much more of a superior team top to bottom, Tebow would need every saint there is plus JC running patterns to overcome the Pats.....

- GB, well, the Giants have had a resurgence, Eli can play the big game, but, the 'frozen tundra', GB is healthy and they are motivated, their Off Cord. lost his son in a drowning accident.

- The Niners have a very good D, is it a great D? They are fist against the rush, 2nd in giving up points and 4th in overall yards, BUT middling in passing yards, can they keep Brees from scoring the points they'll need? N.O. are first in passing, first in yards overall and second in points. Classic match up. Does D win championships? The rush is going to be the key. No pressure? No win, period.

I just don't think so, and, even if the D were to keep them down, can Smith make it happen? (the Saints are last in passing yards allowed *shrugs*)....... I have doubts.

Last edited:
Ravens, Pats, Big Blue and Brees.

Something interesting about every matchup. I'm a Giant fan....so I go with my heart on that one.

I like the Ravens at home.....and that is the main reason. I'm with you on the other two.

SF is playing some vicious D

Could be a good game

I like Frisco because they can run the ball and play defense. Smith does not turn the ball over either and Gore is just Gold! If they have to go (Assuming they beat NO) to the bay in Wisconsin next week and play in zero degree weather I think they will have an advantage because they can win without throwing the ball.

yup, exactly what they need to do, pressure Brees, and score when they have the chance. Their D has shown up in full.

If Niners get too far up, it's going to be tough to come back against the Niner Defense at home

They are laying a licking on the Saint offense right now

you know, smith has absolutely no pocket vision for the rush, brees 'feels' pressure from his lateral right and left, smith cannot even see a guy to his oblique right running right at him...unreal.

now the fumble, they need to score, NO aint going away.

only a filed goal.....5 turnovers and a only 6 point lead/deficit...this has NO come back written all over it.

The Niners are playing well. I think they will hold on for the win. Brees is just a bit off with his passing and the Niner D is relentless....

Defense wins championships........The 49ers are proving that old adage today...Still, they only have a 6 point lead....gonna be a nail biter!

Forum List

Back