NFL player's post on Ferguson goes viral.

His statement is among the most reasonable, fair posts ive seen. That football player is wiser than all the "intellectual" idiots on TV.

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

Or? Or?!?

He hedged. A show of weakness

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

Or? Or?!?

Nah I agree with him. And im passionate in LE support. But only Ofc Wilson and God know for sure. I believe Wilson. But I wasnt there. The evidence supports Wilson and I accept it.

But his "or" implies that the hooligans also need to accept the "or" view also.

Or? Or?!?

Nah I agree with him. And im passionate in LE support. But only Ofc Wilson and God know for sure. I believe Wilson. But I wasnt there. The evidence supports Wilson and I accept it.

But his "or" implies that the hooligans also need to accept the "or" view also.
One of the loudest cries from Brown defenders is Wilson provoked him. That the poor kid was the victim. Didn't happen. That false narrative serves only to placate those who wish to deny the truth. Or, as I suspect in this case, allow himself to agree with everyone depending on the situation.

ETA: His use of the word maybe is the same. Fence sitting after the ruling isn't an opinio.

He wrote very well. Glad to see a voice of reason.

Best part of his statement:

"I'M HOPEFUL, because I know that while we still have race issues in America, we enjoy a much different normal than those of our parents and grandparents. I see it in my personal relationships with teammates, friends and mentors. And it's a beautiful thing."

Hopeful is all we can try to be.

Ultimately it all boils down to who's more credible, a police officer or confirmed criminal and bully? And that's the crime we know about.

Not only was it well written but thought provoking for both sides. We (whites) do not know what it is to grow up black. We have to understand that just as we expect blacks to understand facts of a case when presented.

Forum List

Back