NFL playbooks racially biased

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
After observing an astonishingly and perpetually high failure rate of black quarterbacks in the NFL, it's become painfully obvious that the playbooks must be racially biased. There is simply no other rational conclusion. Right?

Let's list what we "know"

- Success at the quarterback position requires both physical skill and enough intelligence to quickly and accurately read defenses and make decisions accordingly.

- Black quarterbacks are obviously physically gifted, they wouldn't be there if they were not.

- Race has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with intelligence and therefore it's reasonable to assume that black quarterbacks are just as intelligent as their successful white counterparts.

However, the fact remains that black quarterbacks are victimized by an obvious disparate impact when it comes to success at the position. And if it's not due to a lack of physical skill and/or intelligence, then it must be that the playbooks themselves are racially biased.

I think it's high time that Roger Goodell puts an end to this and levels the playing field for all races of quarterback.

Discuss.

What, no statistics?

What percentage of black quarterbacks have won Superbowls?

What percentage of white quarterbacks have won Superbowls?

The percentage of superbowl winning quarterbacks that are white is 98%.
No, that's not what I meant. Roughly 10% of all NFL black quarterbacks have won Superbowl rings. What is the percent for white quarterbacks? I imagine it is lower than that.

• Banned
btw: You clearly betray your ignorance about the NFL if you choose to define "success" as winning a superbowl ring. Especially since it serves to excaserbate my point, rather than refute it.

There has been exactly one black superbowl winning quarterback...ever. Doug Williams.

There have probably been at least 50 black quarterbacks. That puts your stat at 2%.

Yeah, not every black quarterback can be as good as say... Ryan Leaf.

Certainly not Jamarcus Russell anyway. :lol:

I think your overestimating the success rate of white quarterbacks in the NFL. Players in the NFL fail all the time. That and injuries explain why the average career is only about 3 years.

I mean Jamarcus Russell is BAD!!! but Derek Anderson is somehow worse... going by passer ratings anyway.

Interesting theory...

But playbooks are used by every position both offense and defense. An offensive lineman has to memorize the playbook, so does a runningback, so does a receiver. Defensive players have a playbook that tells them how they must respond in each defensive alignment.

So, by your theory, whites must lack the mental capacity to learn playbooks. That is why the majority of linemen, running backs, receivers, defensive backs and linebackers are black.

But at least all the kickers are white. They must be the only smart ones

Blacks make up only 13 percent of the US population. They should only be 13 percent of NFL players as well.

We can make Fire and Police Departments "Look like America", the NFL can do the same.

The NFL should also restrict the number of plays that Blacks participate in to 13 percent as well. Give the other players a chance please? I mean, they're all wearing the same uniforms right? They can try just as hard as the other players. That's all that matters right?

How many Asian kids sit at home watching the NFL and say to themselves: "I'll never play in the NFL because I'm not Black or White".

The NFL needs to end it's Apartheid system of racial discrimination.

Currently 5 of 32 (16%) starting QBs in the NFL are black which is higher than their pecentage of the population (13%)

Interesting theory...

But playbooks are used by every position both offense and defense. An offensive lineman has to memorize the playbook, so does a runningback, so does a receiver. Defensive players have a playbook that tells them how they must respond in each defensive alignment.

So, by your theory, whites must lack the mental capacity to learn playbooks. That is why the majority of linemen, running backs, receivers, defensive backs and linebackers are black.

But at least all the kickers are white. They must be the only smart ones

Clearly you never played the sport.

Linemen, runningbacks and receivers need to know what they are supposed to do...yes.

Quarterbacks need to know what EVERYONE is supposed to do.

I wonder why so many otherwise compassionate and senstive "liberals" refuse to acknowledge the possibility of racial bias in NFL playbooks. Are you suggesting that a piece of curriculum, articulated in plain english, cannot possibly be racially biased? :eusa_whistle:

btw: You clearly betray your ignorance about the NFL if you choose to define "success" as winning a superbowl ring. Especially since it serves to excaserbate my point, rather than refute it.

There has been exactly one black superbowl winning quarterback...ever. Doug Williams.

There have probably been at least 50 black quarterbacks. That puts your stat at 2%.
So there have been 50 starting black quarterbacks since the Superbowl began. How many starting white quarterbacks have there been? Around 1,000? If so, that stat would be 3%. WOW! What a huge difference. :lol:

So there have been 50 starting black quarterbacks since the Superbowl began. How many starting white quarterbacks have there been? Around 1,000? If so, that stat would be 3%. WOW! What a huge difference. :lol:

IIRC, you said earlier that figure was 10%.

I guess you were once again full of shit huh? :lol:

Bottom line is this: Anyone that questions the observation that white quarterbacks outperform black quarterbacks disproportionately at the NFL level clearly doesn't follow the sport. And if you're going to be too ignorant to move beyond what is essentially an established fact and consider reasons why, then we have nothing left to discuss.

Forum List

Back