NFL Officials - Dishonest or totally Incompetent?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
I suppose and hope they're collectively incompetent, poorly trained, lack judgment and are unprofessional.

But given the NBA Scandal of 2007 it is not out of the question to ask if they are not betting on games and throwing flags to benefit themselves or those they represent.

In any case, they have become the focus of games, and no one spends their money to watch an official toss a flag and call back an exciting play when a minor infraction occurs far away from the play. Or when the penalty is a fiction in the mind an official.

I've followed the NFL since 1955 and will never again spend a dime which benefits the professional game.

I think they need officials that can keep up with the plays. 50+ year olds chasing some of the best athletes in the world is a prescription for failure. You don't even have to posit dishonesty. If you're out of position, you're going to miss and get calls wrong.

I suppose and hope they're collectively incompetent, poorly trained, lack judgment and are unprofessional.

But given the NBA Scandal of 2007 it is not out of the question to ask if they are not betting on games and throwing flags to benefit themselves or those they represent.

In any case, they have become the focus of games, and no one spends their money to watch an official toss a flag and call back an exciting play when a minor infraction occurs far away from the play. Or when the penalty is a fiction in the mind an official.

I've followed the NFL since 1955 and will never again spend a dime which benefits the professional game.

Welcome to the club.

I don't follow any professional teams in any sport and haven't for a number of years.

I've got local college and high school teams to watch in person, and a AA Baseball franchise just down the road.

The officiating is in overkill. Cut out some of these replays, and just go back to real football and let the chips fall where they may.

If the refs would officiate the same for both teams I would be OK with whoever they put in there. The Officials are like the weather to me. Some crews are like a sunny day with no wind land little effect on the game and some are stormy and like to take over the focus of the game on themselves. It's usually the "hey look at me" refs that make inconsistent calls and drive the fans and teams crazy.

First quarter of the Pats-Eagles game, I saw several bad non-calls. Pass interference against Philly (defender grabbed the reciever's arm) and an offensive hold (lineman grabbed a jersey) against NE come to mind. Also called a 10-yard penalty against Philly in the opening series...no idea for what or on who, they never said anything.

Welcome to the club.

I don't follow any professional teams in any sport and haven't for a number of years.

I've got local college and high school teams to watch in person, and a AA Baseball franchise just down the road.

Bad Refs are not limited to the Pros........ If you watched any college games this year they refs are just as bad as they are in the Pros.

Welcome to the club.

Bad Refs are not limited to the Pros........ If you watched any college games this year they refs are just as bad as they are in the Pros.

True. Those who can't play, choose to officiate. Some are good, some are incompetent and some are authoritarian ^##@$$&&*(*('s

Yeah and those that can't play, can't officiate, choose to sit home and whine and cry about it. They are just incompetent wannabes that have no talent and are bitter.

Yeah and those that can't play, can't officiate, choose to sit home and whine and cry about it. They are just incompetent wannabes that have no talent and are bitter.

If that's directed at me, you're wrong. I'm probably the only one on this message board who has tackled OJ Simpson and sacked Mike Holmgren.

Officials stole a young player's first NFL touchdown and cost the Ravens the game against Miami on a phantom offensive pass interference call. :321:

Good for you.:thup: I also will never spend another dime on the NFL.It has gotten so much corrupt its unreal.

I dont follow basketball so tell me about that NBA scandal.

It became too obvious last year the NFL is paying these officials off to look the other way after last years game against the Lions and Cowboys.

The fact the ref picked up a pass interference call against a Lions defender when it was so obvious to everybody in the world watching that it was the correct call initially that it was pass interference and gave NO EXPLANATION whatsoever for why he picked it up,how much more evidence do people need that these games are as rigged and scripted as pro wrestling?

The last time i can remember a non call as horrible as that one was the BS tuck rule game..

Both were critical bad calls that prevented the right teams from advancing. home field advantage has new meaning.Both of those BS non calls benefitted the home team.They never would have made those non calls had they been on the road instead.

I wised up to how corrupt the NFL is after last season and will never give them another dime.I just watch mostly old NFL games now.I wont be watching any of the playoffs this year.I have gotten to where if the chargers are not in the playoffs,i wont watch them and they wont be in the playoffs this year.

the only team i will watch now is the chargers,thats it,nobody else.so no playoff watching for me this year.

Last edited:

Welcome to the club.

welcome to the club indeed.professional sports are so corrupt now just like our government.

You nailed it.:thup:

Its on the college level as well.too much money at stake. you wont get fair officiating unless its at the high school level sadly.

Good for you.:thup: I also will never spend another dime on the NFL.It has gotten so much corrupt its unreal.

I dont follow basketball so tell me about that NBA scandal.

It became too obvious last year the NFL is paying these officials off to look the other way after last years game against the Lions and Cowboys.

The fact the ref picked up a pass interference call against a Lions defender when it was so obvious to everybody in the world watching that it was the correct call initially that it was pass interference and gave NO EXPLANATION whatsoever for why he picked it up,how much more evidence do people need that these games are as rigged and scripted as pro wrestling?

The last time i can remember a non call as horrible as that one was the BS tuck rule game..

Both were critical bad calls that prevented the right teams from advancing. home field advantage has new meaning.Both of those BS non calls benefitted the home team.They never would have made those non calls had they been on the road instead.

I wised up to how corrupt the NFL is after last season and will never give them another dime.I just watch mostly old NFL games now.I wont be watching any of the playoffs this year.I have gotten to where if the chargers are not in the playoffs,i wont watch them and they wont be in the playoffs this year.

the only team i will watch now is the chargers,thats it,nobody else.so no playoff watching for me this year.
You are so right! The corruption in the NFL is utterly disgusting. They need to be exposed publicly for what they have done.

Forum List

Back