NFL Negotiations Collapse

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
Evidently, talks have failed and the parties have walked out.

If they strike, I've watched my last NFL game ever.

I haven't watched a MLB game in years, never cared about the NBA.

Just give me NCAA sports and the NHL, and you can have the rest.

The NFL is becoming just a mirror of the NBA.

Fuck them.

goddamn it........you know, I have not watched baseball as closely either for year, i keep track due to sentiment, the nfl has eclipsed MLB and they are of course going to suffer for their lapse's in judgment.

Any word on exactly what they are stuck on as if we don't know...$$$$$$$$

I personally don't agree with the expansion of the reg. season, unless they really step up the pension plans and insurance for the players, they should kill 2 of the pre-season games then maybe.

It just figures the NFLPA President is good buddies with the Obamy. The day they hired DeMaurice Smith,i knew our Football was gone. He's just another "Community Organizer" douche. It really is no surprise he's good friends with the Obamy One. The NFLPA should dump him immediately. There's no room for "Community Organizer" douches in Football. Now give us our Football back damn it!

People really should have seen this coming once they realized this DeMaurice Smith guy was an Obamy crony. They're apparently real good buds. Hopefully the NFLPA will dump this idiot. It's our only hope in getting our Football back.

Forget about the money. The NFL needs to do a better job of taking care of it's players . Players barely last a 16 game season without breaking down 18 games is too much wear and tear. Concussions, excessive weight and drugs are ending too many careers too early.

NFL uses em up and then spits them out

Last edited:
NFL season should last from Halloween to Easter. Give them whatever they want and make it so.

Everything the Obama touches,immediately turns to shit. This obviously includes our Football. DeMaurice Smith is an Obama crony douchebag. The NFLPA needs to dump his ass right now. Period,end of story.

Everything the Obama touches,immediately turns to shit. This obviously includes our Football. DeMaurice Smith is an Obama crony douchebag. The NFLPA needs to dump his ass right now. Period,end of story.

Dood. Why. The. Fuck.

Are you talking about Obama.

Sixth time you have posted this.....doesn't seem to be anyone biting. You need to change your bait

Forget about the money. The NFL needs to do a better job of taking care of it's players . Players barely last a 16 game season without breaking down 18 games is too much wear and tear. Concussions, excessive weight and drugs are ending too many careers too early.

The players union doesn't even take care of the past players, why should the NFL? As for the concussions leading to brain injury and debilitation, I have some serious questions about that. Terry Bradshaw had an ass load of concussions and he seems fine, as do a majority of other players, yet they are fine. Out of the thousands and thousands of players who have played the game we have only about 10 - 15 players with problems that we have heard about. Could it be they were predisposed to begin with? As for expanding the season by two games, why not? The players are being asked to play 5 more quarters of football as, the last two preseason games would be converted to regular season games. In the third preseason game the starters usually play the first three quarters. As for weight and drugs ending carreers early, maybe they should diet and put the drugs down. The NFL has programs to deal with these issues the player just has to avail himself of those programs.

How did this turn into an Obama bashing thread?? Has he seized the NFL?

Yes. His good bud DeMaurice Smith is head of the NFLPA. Do the Math. Obama Crony = No Football. Gee what a surprise. This President can't do anything right so it's no surprise one of his cronies can't either. Dump DeMaurice Smith right now! It's our only hope for getting our Football back.

Dood. Why. The. Fuck.

Are you talking about Obama.

Because it's one of his "Community Organizer" douches DeMaurice Smith who's fucking our Football up. I knew we were in trouble the day they hired that douche. Pisses me off. :mad:

well, they can always play somewhere else, or not play at all. they know the risks. they CHOOSE to play.

Now, as I said I agree that a longer season would just shorten more careers and I don't think thats an answer, but at the end of the day this is why they negotiate.

How did this turn into an Obama bashing thread?? Has he seized the NFL?

Yes. His good bud DeMaurice Smith is head of the NFLPA. Do the Math. Obama Crony = No Football. Gee what a surprise. This President can't do anything right so it's no surprise one of his cronies can't either. Dump DeMaurice Smith right now! It's our only hope for getting our Football back.

Seven...nope miscounted, that's the eighth time for the same post

Last edited:

The players union doesn't even take care of the past players, why should the NFL? As for the concussions leading to brain injury and debilitation, I have some serious questions about that. Terry Bradshaw had an ass load of concussions and he seems fine, as do a majority of other players, yet they are fine. Out of the thousands and thousands of players who have played the game we have only about 10 - 15 players with problems that we have heard about. Could it be they were predisposed to begin with? As for expanding the season by two games, why not? The players are being asked to play 5 more quarters of football as, the last two preseason games would be converted to regular season games. In the third preseason game the starters usually play the first three quarters. As for weight and drugs ending carreers early, maybe they should diet and put the drugs down. The NFL has programs to deal with these issues the player just has to avail himself of those programs.

Concussion effects are adding up. Too many 300+ pound players, too many 350+ pound players. If you don't have the bulk, you don't make it. Teams are barely making it through 16 games with a full roster, 18 will end too many careers early

Concussion effects are adding up. Too many 300+ pound players, too many 350+ pound players. If you don't have the bulk, you don't make it. Teams are barely making it through 16 games with a full roster, 18 will end too many careers early

That is the nature of the business, and that is why they make insane amounts of money. You don't have to become and NFL player, just like you don't have to join the military or police force of fire department. They know the risks going in and some have opted not to go into the NFL, and some have chosen to retire early before injury i.e. Barry Sanders.

If they get rid of DeMaurice Smith,we might have Football this year. He's a militant Leftist who loves these kinds of confrontations. He was a very bad choice to run the NFLPA. He has to go.

That is the nature of the business, and that is why they make insane amounts of money. You don't have to become and NFL player, just like you don't have to join the military or police force of fire department. They know the risks going in and some have opted not to go into the NFL, and some have chosen to retire early before injury i.e. Barry Sanders.

That is the nature of the business and that is why the players association needs to do a better job of taking care of it's own. A certain percent of revenue needs to be set aside to take care of players who were injured on the job. They need a better pension system for those who can't continue to work

Forum List

Back