NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

Discussion in 'Sports' started by easyt65, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Why would I lie that I watched games in the colosseum that were 90 000 and it's documented? When I have the time I'll post videos from the games. Happy?
    20 years claim as you said, we ha e to wait and see. You can come back and debunk my prediction.
    Now why the anger? We are just debating.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  2. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    What's wrong and the word lying?
    I don't like national anthems being played during sports games, and I voiced my opinion against it. If one wants to get patriotic he can knock himself out, I'm not standing and won't be there when it's played.

3. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,686
    No anger, just pointing out your lies. You said over 94,000, not 90,000 again, you are trying to change what you said. I already posted what the attendance was and they were against FC Barcelona.

So, the fastest growing sport for the last 40 years is going to surpass American football in 20 more years. So it will be sixty years to go from number five, which it was 40 years ago and is now and will move up to number one. I think basketball will have a better chance than soccer.

4. Papageorgio

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,686
    You said you were “forced”, no one is forcing you, you lied. I don’t care if you go to the concession stand to avoid conflict, that is your right but why lie?

5. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Forced to listen to somethi is a way of saying that I don't like it. Doesn't mean they handcuffed me and made me listen to it. Clear?

6. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Dude I see what happened here, You google most attended soccer games in the US and you went straight to Wikipedia and listed what you found about Barca game.
    Well sweetheard wikipedia doesnt have everything, and certainly you didn't check well.
    I have been to numerous games where the crowd reached +94k, Last one was Man City vs Real Madrid this summer on July 26th.
    2015 in the Rose bowl I was there too, Barca vs The galaxy +93k.
    Manchester United vs Real Madrid in Michigan was 109,318 aug 2 , 2014
    USA vs Mexico also for the Gold cup +93k in 2011.
    AND many more games with more than 94k spectators.

A total of 24.7 million viewers tuned in as the U.S. squared off against Portugal on Sunday, according to figures released by Nielsen company. The ratings surpassed last week's World Cup match between the U.S. and Ghana, indicating that interest in the tournament is steadily rising — at least, for as long as the U.S. team is involved.

Sunday's game also surpassed ratings for the NBA finals, which drew 18 million viewers, and trounced the ratings for the 2013 World Series, which drew 14.9 million viewers. So is America's favorite past time officially soccer, or, dare we say it, "futbol?"

7. Papageorgio

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,686
    I am clear, forced means forced, learn the definition of words before you use them. Are you forced to read my opinion? Nope, you chose to read my opinion. You play games with words way too much and I am going to call you out. You claim to have been all over the world, know five languages and on and on, so you seem to claim you are smart, yet you play loosely with words. Doesn’t fit. Clear?

8. The Sage of Main Street

The Sage of Main Street Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Redisenfranchisement

You think we are going to lie back and let ourselves get overrun by non-Whites? Whites were a minority in the United States until the late 19th Century. How did that work out for the feralphiles and their pet savages?

9. The Sage of Main Street

The Sage of Main Street Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Bicker and Flicker, Flutter and Shutter

There ought to be an Internet "Law" (like Godwin's) that a thread or even a whole message board starts dying when it is taken over by personal feuds.

10. Papageorgio

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,686
    You keep comparing the World Cup, which is a world event, which happens every four years to just American events that happen every year, the World Series, the NBA Finals, the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup. A better comparison would be the MLS Championship that happens every year.

None of the LA Galaxy games have ever drawn over 94,000 which was the example you used.

You then asked about sporting events that have drawn more than 109,318 and I gave you a list of several sporting events over 109,318. The Indianapolis 500 has an attendance of 500,000 for one race.

Quit trying to twist everything said and go back read your posts and be honest, if you can.