NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

I'm sorry if you feel that way. You such a sensitive soul.

Nope, you are the one that is upset because you have nothing to back your stupidity and every lie you post, I correct it.

I just know a real person and phony. You resent and get nasty with everyone that disagrees with your narrow vision of the world. You are closer to ISIS than you are to Muslims. It’s just the way you are.

When you get any proof for your silly assumptions let me know.
Close to ISIS? And you calling me liar? Lol
And you venting for no reason, other than my views are different than yours. My world view, is based on traveling the world constantly, being biracial, speaking 5 different languages and accepting all faiths and races. Married to a Christian and my best friend/best man is a jew....how that makes me an ISIS member?
I get nasty when racists and bigots like you, put us Muslims or other minorities in one stinky basket. I can't tolerate that.

I did not say you were close to ISIS, I said your attitude is closer to ISIS than Muslim. You intentionally lied and distorted what I said. Why?

I have proved you wrong over and over, proved you lied, over and over and now I’m a racist? Lol! That seems to be your go to defense when caught lying. Pretty chicken shit way but, you are who you are.

Your view of soccer in the US is wrong, you can’t prove you are right and now are trying to change the subject. You are a typical coward.

I don’t care about your personal life, it is no concern of mine. I don’t care about who or what your friends or family are, it makes no difference to me. You use it to divert the conversation because you lied and can’t back up your BS.
I didn't lie...is your go to accusation and a way of insulting.

You lied, you made claims that you went to several soccer in LA with over 94,000 and it was untrue. You claim that in 20 years soccer will surpass football as the number one sport and you have nothing to back your claim, then when called out on it, you went to insulting me. Again, history has shown you to be wrong over and over and over again, yet you ignore it and go with nothing. Fine, be ignorant.
Why would I lie that I watched games in the colosseum that were 90 000 and it's documented? When I have the time I'll post videos from the games. Happy?
20 years claim as you said, we ha e to wait and see. You can come back and debunk my prediction.
Now why the anger? We are just debating.

Last edited:
I love this country dearly, also my birth country and I hate standing for anthems...it has no place in entertainment. I suggest foe it to be removed.

I know standing is such a problem for lazy people.
True...i average 6 miles a day. Play soccer 90 minutes each weekend , 3 times weight lifting a week. When I go to watch a game for entertainment I don't want no patriotism crap shoved down my throat.

Again, your personal life is no concern of mine.

You go to the games knowing there is an anthem at the beginning of the game, if you don’t like the anthem, just don’t go. You make a choice and then bitch? Lol! Man, you are a real snowflake.

I suggest you boycott events that have patriotic part of their event. I won’t watch or go to NFL games because of the politics. I made a choice. You are free to decide, that is your right. It’s all about freedom, that is what I like about living in this country.
Good that you know I'm free to do whatever. I can go and don't stand or go order food before that.

Then why your crying about being “forced”? Why lie about being forced?
What's wrong and the word lying?
I don't like national anthems being played during sports games, and I voiced my opinion against it. If one wants to get patriotic he can knock himself out, I'm not standing and won't be there when it's played.

Nope, you are the one that is upset because you have nothing to back your stupidity and every lie you post, I correct it.

I just know a real person and phony. You resent and get nasty with everyone that disagrees with your narrow vision of the world. You are closer to ISIS than you are to Muslims. It’s just the way you are.

And you venting for no reason, other than my views are different than yours. My world view, is based on traveling the world constantly, being biracial, speaking 5 different languages and accepting all faiths and races. Married to a Christian and my best friend/best man is a jew....how that makes me an ISIS member?
I get nasty when racists and bigots like you, put us Muslims or other minorities in one stinky basket. I can't tolerate that.

I did not say you were close to ISIS, I said your attitude is closer to ISIS than Muslim. You intentionally lied and distorted what I said. Why?

I have proved you wrong over and over, proved you lied, over and over and now I’m a racist? Lol! That seems to be your go to defense when caught lying. Pretty chicken shit way but, you are who you are.

Your view of soccer in the US is wrong, you can’t prove you are right and now are trying to change the subject. You are a typical coward.

I don’t care about your personal life, it is no concern of mine. I don’t care about who or what your friends or family are, it makes no difference to me. You use it to divert the conversation because you lied and can’t back up your BS.

You lied, you made claims that you went to several soccer in LA with over 94,000 and it was untrue. You claim that in 20 years soccer will surpass football as the number one sport and you have nothing to back your claim, then when called out on it, you went to insulting me. Again, history has shown you to be wrong over and over and over again, yet you ignore it and go with nothing. Fine, be ignorant.
Why would I lie that I watched games in the colosseum that were 90 000 and it's documented? When I have the time I'll post videos from the games. Happy?
20 years claim as you said, we ha e to wait and see. You can come back and debunk my prediction.

No anger, just pointing out your lies. You said over 94,000, not 90,000 again, you are trying to change what you said. I already posted what the attendance was and they were against FC Barcelona.

So, the fastest growing sport for the last 40 years is going to surpass American football in 20 more years. So it will be sixty years to go from number five, which it was 40 years ago and is now and will move up to number one. I think basketball will have a better chance than soccer.

I know standing is such a problem for lazy people.
True...i average 6 miles a day. Play soccer 90 minutes each weekend , 3 times weight lifting a week. When I go to watch a game for entertainment I don't want no patriotism crap shoved down my throat.

You go to the games knowing there is an anthem at the beginning of the game, if you don’t like the anthem, just don’t go. You make a choice and then bitch? Lol! Man, you are a real snowflake.

I suggest you boycott events that have patriotic part of their event. I won’t watch or go to NFL games because of the politics. I made a choice. You are free to decide, that is your right. It’s all about freedom, that is what I like about living in this country.
Good that you know I'm free to do whatever. I can go and don't stand or go order food before that.

I don't like national anthems being played during sports games, and I voiced my opinion against it. If one wants to get patriotic he can knock himself out, I'm not standing and won't be there when it's played.

You said you were “forced”, no one is forcing you, you lied. I don’t care if you go to the concession stand to avoid conflict, that is your right but why lie?

You said you were “forced”, no one is forcing you, you lied. I don’t care if you go to the concession stand to avoid conflict, that is your right but why lie?
Forced to listen to somethi is a way of saying that I don't like it. Doesn't mean they handcuffed me and made me listen to it. Clear?

No anger, just pointing out your lies. You said over 94,000, not 90,000 again, you are trying to change what you said. I already posted what the attendance was and they were against FC Barcelona.

So, the fastest growing sport for the last 40 years is going to surpass American football in 20 more years. So it will be sixty years to go from number five, which it was 40 years ago and is now and will move up to number one. I think basketball will have a better chance than soccer.

Dude I see what happened here, You google most attended soccer games in the US and you went straight to Wikipedia and listed what you found about Barca game.
Well sweetheard wikipedia doesnt have everything, and certainly you didn't check well.
I have been to numerous games where the crowd reached +94k, Last one was Man City vs Real Madrid this summer on July 26th.
2015 in the Rose bowl I was there too, Barca vs The galaxy +93k.
Manchester United vs Real Madrid in Michigan was 109,318 aug 2 , 2014
USA vs Mexico also for the Gold cup +93k in 2011.
AND many more games with more than 94k spectators.

A total of 24.7 million viewers tuned in as the U.S. squared off against Portugal on Sunday, according to figures released by Nielsen company. The ratings surpassed last week's World Cup match between the U.S. and Ghana, indicating that interest in the tournament is steadily rising — at least, for as long as the U.S. team is involved.

Sunday's game also surpassed ratings for the NBA finals, which drew 18 million viewers, and trounced the ratings for the 2013 World Series, which drew 14.9 million viewers. So is America's favorite past time officially soccer, or, dare we say it, "futbol?"

Forced to listen to somethi is a way of saying that I don't like it. Doesn't mean they handcuffed me and made me listen to it. Clear?

I am clear, forced means forced, learn the definition of words before you use them. Are you forced to read my opinion? Nope, you chose to read my opinion. You play games with words way too much and I am going to call you out. You claim to have been all over the world, know five languages and on and on, so you seem to claim you are smart, yet you play loosely with words. Doesn’t fit. Clear?

Demographics going forward will push soccer to pass both NFL and MLB. And trust me Soccer is a very good choice, not only it keeps the kids fit, but also everyone can play it, you don't have to be super fast, or super tall, or super fat and big to be able to play it. So it give an equal opportunity to kids that wanna practice it.

world cup for example is watched by over a billion all over the world....the super bowl? 100 million or so. Baseball was number 1 before, than NFL took over...Soccer all the stats showing it's moving up as the demographics are changing....Immigrants encourage kids to play sports that they are fimilair with and soccer comes in the first spot, it's also cheap to practice it.

Youth Soccer has more participants than football and Baseball.

The 2015 Women’s World Cup generated $40 million in ad revenue for Fox. That is more than double the projections. It outperformed the Stanley Cup Final, World Series and NBA Finals.

In 1998 there were only10 major MLS teams now there are 22 and more to come.

Again, 40 years ago soccer was the fastest growing sport in the US. Again, 40 years ago we heard how soccer would be the number one sport in the US in 20 years, it didn't happen in 20 and hasn't happened in 40 and now you want us to believe it will happen in 60? In 1968 the NASL started, in 1978-1980 the NASL had 24 teams, in 1984 the league folded. I was part of the big soccer phase in the 70's, so I have been there and done that. I have watched the great players of the time play live. The Portland Timbers were the darlings of the league at the height of its glory. Peter Withe, Clive Charles, Mick Poole and so on.

When soccer starts making gains, then we will see, so far it is all talk and nothing else. Comeback and we will talk when it moves from 5th to 4th.
Chinese Fire Drill

The average major-league soccer game only has three scores. A 2 to 1 baseball game or 14 to 7 football game once in a while may in itself be worth watching, but to average that for a season would send Americans away in droves. I guess Third Worlders and Eurotrash can patiently put up with that stupor, while Americans want to watch an activity.
Activity ? Lol baseball is the most boring sport out there. people are on their phones stuffing their mouths, football? Well 2 sec play and 5 mins commercials.

That is only your opinion and seems to be a minority opinion at that. Baseball has international appeal, whether you like it or not is irrelevant.

Do you have anything other than your opinion to show that baseball is boring or that soccer is going to surpass American football in 20 years? Or are you going to spout more unsubstantiated bs?
No you win....you won't be around when whites will be a minority and soccer is number one. So go on and enjoy the rest of your days.
Redisenfranchisement

You think we are going to lie back and let ourselves get overrun by non-Whites? Whites were a minority in the United States until the late 19th Century. How did that work out for the feralphiles and their pet savages?

You are right because it will never happen. I’m not sure why you are such a liar and then when called out on your obvious lies then you get nasty. You must not be a practicing Muslim, because practicing Muslims don’t lie like you do, nor are they mean spirited. You are an ass.
I'm sorry if you feel that way. You such a sensitive soul.

Bicker and Flicker, Flutter and Shutter

There ought to be an Internet "Law" (like Godwin's) that a thread or even a whole message board starts dying when it is taken over by personal feuds.

Dude I see what happened here, You google most attended soccer games in the US and you went straight to Wikipedia and listed what you found about Barca game.
Well sweetheard wikipedia doesnt have everything, and certainly you didn't check well.
I have been to numerous games where the crowd reached +94k, Last one was Man City vs Real Madrid this summer on July 26th.
2015 in the Rose bowl I was there too, Barca vs The galaxy +93k.
Manchester United vs Real Madrid in Michigan was 109,318 aug 2 , 2014
USA vs Mexico also for the Gold cup +93k in 2011.
AND many more games with more than 94k spectators.

A total of 24.7 million viewers tuned in as the U.S. squared off against Portugal on Sunday, according to figures released by Nielsen company. The ratings surpassed last week's World Cup match between the U.S. and Ghana, indicating that interest in the tournament is steadily rising — at least, for as long as the U.S. team is involved.

Sunday's game also surpassed ratings for the NBA finals, which drew 18 million viewers, and trounced the ratings for the 2013 World Series, which drew 14.9 million viewers. So is America's favorite past time officially soccer, or, dare we say it, "futbol?"

You keep comparing the World Cup, which is a world event, which happens every four years to just American events that happen every year, the World Series, the NBA Finals, the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup. A better comparison would be the MLS Championship that happens every year.

None of the LA Galaxy games have ever drawn over 94,000 which was the example you used.

You then asked about sporting events that have drawn more than 109,318 and I gave you a list of several sporting events over 109,318. The Indianapolis 500 has an attendance of 500,000 for one race.

Quit trying to twist everything said and go back read your posts and be honest, if you can.

NFL players kneeling and disrespecting the flag and the anthem will not solve anything. It wont stop the murders in Chicago, Baltimore, Philly, LA, NY, or New Orleans. It wont fix the problem that the majority of black kids grow up with no father in the home, it wont fix our failing educational system. All it will do is reduce the number of americans watching NFL games and piss off the ones who still watch.

this is typical of the way liberals try to fix problems, blame someone else.

Forum List

Back