NFL Monitored Super Bowl 42 For Gang Signals!

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Sorry, I meant Super Bowl 43. But the NFL doesn't have gangs right? "Limpballs" is just a racist right?
NFL to monitor Super Bowl celebrations for gang signals - Telegraph
From the start of this season, there was a ban on players flashing gangland hand signals for on-field celebrations. (WTF?) A team of experts, or 'spotters', were hired to analyse video footage of games.
With 140 million expected to watch in the United States, the Super Bowl being broadcast to 220 countries around the world, and NBC selling 30-second advertising slots at $3 million each – the NFL will watch with great vigour.
Why would they ban something that supposedly doesn't exist? What is Goodell afraid of everybody finding out?
Goodell hired experts in gang culture this season to determine which signs are emblematic. Referees were also asked to look out for "symbols, clothing, jewellery or other items that would signify an association with criminal gang enterprises", according to NFL commissioners.
Didn't Goodell just say today or yesterday that Rush's words were "damaging"? Why yes he did! Then why does he hire someone to look for gangs in the league that he runs? The "National Felon League"?

But hey, the NFL is a cash cow. If they have to get gang members for the talent that's ok. Just hire people to lie about it and attack anyone who points it out (Limbaugh).

Apparently gangs aren't just limited to the NFL:
The NFL had noted the actions of the National Basketball Association, who fined Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics $25,000 for flashing "menacing gestures", known to be used by the Bloods street gang, towards the Atlanta Hawks bench. After watching the gestures on tape the NBA acted swiftly. Pierce had a history of gang involvement and was stabbed 11 times in a nightclub in 2000
Oh but I'm sure Paul Pierce is the only NBA player who was involved in gangs. Right. :rolleyes:

I played H.S. football in Long Beach California and I seem to recall a few gang members on the team. No Crips or Bloods though. The dominant Long Beach gang at that time (79-81) was the all black "In-Sayns".

I'm sure gang members have been in pro sports for a long time.

Last edited:
Didn't Goodell just say today or yesterday that Rush's words were "damaging"? Why yes he did! Then why does he hire someone to look for gangs in the league that he runs? The "National Felon League"?

Only an imbecile thinks all gangs are made up of black/brown people.

Forum List

Back