NFL....modern day slavery?

If getting paid big bucks for doing something you'd probably do for free is slavery, then sign me up.

If getting paid big bucks for doing something you'd probably do for free is slavery, then sign me up.

Yeah, who wouldn't want to embark on a career that lowers your life expectency by more than 20 years, and do it for free. :cuckoo:

And you don't think that some stressed out guy working some office job that he hates for shit pay is not lowering his life expectancy?

Yeah, who wouldn't want to embark on a career that lowers your life expectency by more than 20 years, and do it for free. :cuckoo:

And you don't think that some stressed out guy working some office job that he hates for shit pay is not lowering his life expectancy?

His life expectancy is 77.

If he played in the NFL, it would be 55.

You mean like the 'quality' that comes with migraines, arthrititis, parkinson's and alzheimer's?

What, you don't think people who work jobs just to pay the bills don't get those afflictions also?

Not at the same rate. It's not even close. Why do you think the life expectancy is so low for football players?

Because it's physically tough game and they're big guys.

I doubt many of them drop dead from stress induced heart attacks.

Because football players are very big, and big people have a low life expectancy

What, you don't think people who work jobs just to pay the bills don't get those afflictions also?

Not at the same rate. It's not even close. Why do you think the life expectancy is so low for football players?

Actually, they run a higher risk of having a heart attack too.

Let me ask you this: Assuming you had the talent, ability, and opportunity, would you turn down a career as a pro football player to work some shitty desk job that you couldn't care less about?

Now be honest.

Let me ask you this: Assuming you had the talent, ability, and opportunity, would you turn down a career as a pro football player to work some shitty desk job that you couldn't care less about?

Now be honest.

Of course not. But I'd still expect market rate compensation.

Now be honest.

And that's exactly what pro athletes get.

Now be honest.

And that's exactly what pro athletes get.

Exactly! YOU FUCKING MORON! :D

So what were we arguing about again? :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back