NFL....modern day slavery?

It ain't me screeching about slavery, Skippy.

You've now mentioned it at least one more time than I have.

Better luck with your next strawman. :thup:
If I misunderstood you, I apologize. Just point my post to the idiot whining about slavery in the OP.

:lol:

No worries. But just to be clear, I'm certainly not here trying to defend the ignorant ass commentary of one ignorant ass player who will likely go broke within 5 years of retiring.

You've now mentioned it at least one more time than I have.

Better luck with your next strawman. :thup:
If I misunderstood you, I apologize. Just point my post to the idiot whining about slavery in the OP.

:lol:

No worries. But just to be clear, I'm certainly not here trying to defend the ignorant ass commentary of one ignorant ass player who will likely go broke within 5 years of retiring.

:beer:

Thanks to the football union the next NFL season is uncertain. Viking running back Adrian Peterson compares his 3 Million per year salary as "modern day slavery". Pretty ignorant and insulting ain't it? The minimum wage for a NFL player is $295,000 per year for not playing. Most players make far more with average salary Million per year and that doesn't include so-called superstars. I'm sick and tired of whining sports celebrities. Let them get on the unemployment line like 10% of Americans.

Your first sentence negates any credibility you have on the topic. The owners have no culpability in the lockout? So what if players make millions? In what context was he comparing it to slavery?

You are half right. The players union has no credibility. There is no question that being paid a million dollars per year is a "fair" salary. The players are employees. The "owners" do more than catch a ball (or not) every now and then. They take the risks, build the parks and manage the teams.

Building parks that no one would care about without the players.

Ironic that the same people who argue that multi-million dollar salaried CEOs earn every penny they negotiate for themselves, and decry any notion of a ceiling, are the first to opine that athletes are overpaid and should just shut up and play.

Personally, i do see the difference between working for a living and playing a game for a living.

One actually produces something of value. the other doesnt.

The players are producing something of value.

One thing highly paid athletes and highly paid CEOs have in common is that roughly 100% of the bitching done about how much they make is the product of envy.

True story :thup:

One thing highly paid athletes and highly paid CEOs have in common is that roughly 100% of the bitching done about how much they make is the product of envy.

You think anybody ever envied slavery?

Ironic that the same people who argue that multi-million dollar salaried CEOs earn every penny they negotiate for themselves, and decry any notion of a ceiling, are the first to opine that athletes are overpaid and should just shut up and play.

Personally, i do see the difference between working for a living and playing a game for a living.

One actually produces something of value. the other doesnt.

The players are producing something of value.
Yeah....entertainment. No one bitches about what musicians/singers make.

:eusa_eh:

And really, in the overall scheme of human value, what action does produce something of value?

Helping others is the only thing I can think of.

I have to side with the players. Sure, it seems like they make a lot, but what they are doing is risking their lives so team owners get rich.

It's not like getting paralyzed or concussed into insanity isn't a huge risk. They deserve to be compensated accordingly.

they get close to 2 thirds now, so what in your opinion is "accordingly"...?

I have to side with the players. Sure, it seems like they make a lot, but what they are doing is risking their lives so team owners get rich.

It's not like getting paralyzed or concussed into insanity isn't a huge risk. They deserve to be compensated accordingly.

they get close to 2 thirds now, so what in your opinion is "accordingly"...?
2/3s of what?

You think anybody ever envied slavery?
I'm still not clear what slavery has to do with the NFL. Does anyone have a rational explanation?

Please note the operative word "rational". Thanks.

Forum List

Back