Nfl free agency/trades/draft thread

Jordy Nelson to the raiders. I could have sworn he’d end up with the pats

I'm not too excited with our local Cardinals picking up Sam Bradford but we're dealing with the lack of salary cap space so beggars can't be choosers.

Sam Bradford arrives in Arizona:

Ya, my Browns made some moves maybe they will actually win a couple this year

I've followed them from boyhood, since way back in the Blanton Collier days. Hopefully they finally get their front office and coaching staff in sync. Since their return it has mostly been the case of the two heading in opposite directions. Schedule should be out soon, it'll help me a better figure the odds of Hue Jackson making it through bye-week.

BGSU's head coach should also be on thin ice.

What has he done to merit that type of contract?

What has anyone done? Hell, I don't think Tom Brady should get a fully guaranteed contract.

In other news, apparently the 49ers are looking to make Jerrick McKinnon their #1 RB, with a 4 year, $30 million deal. What? The guy has never been a starter for a full season. I get that he might fit the mold for a Shanahan back, but I hope the contract is incentive-based. Carlos Hyde is apparently going to Cleveland, and his deal is only supposed to be 3 years, $15 million.

Nate Solder is set to become the highest paid offensive lineman in football. The Giants are signing him to a 4 year, $62 million contract with $35 million guaranteed.
Wont miss McKinnon.....avg at best

What has anyone done? Hell, I don't think Tom Brady should get a fully guaranteed contract.

In other news, apparently the 49ers are looking to make Jerrick McKinnon their #1 RB, with a 4 year, $30 million deal. What? The guy has never been a starter for a full season. I get that he might fit the mold for a Shanahan back, but I hope the contract is incentive-based. Carlos Hyde is apparently going to Cleveland, and his deal is only supposed to be 3 years, $15 million.

Nate Solder is set to become the highest paid offensive lineman in football. The Giants are signing him to a 4 year, $62 million contract with $35 million guaranteed.

The hope is that McKinnon and Matt Breida will work in the Shanahan offense like Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman did in Atlanta. It still seemed like a lot to pay.

Well so far this offseason, other than resigning Marvin Lewis to a new extension, the Bengals have made some good moves especially getting Eifert back.

They got a new LT in a trade by moving back just a few spots which makes a HUGE difference. Now if they can just get a new center and sign Atkins and Dunlap to extensions, along with signing decent LBer, it will have been a successful free agency.

He’s a good backup change of pace RB. Sorry to lose him but glad he got paid.

He’s a good backup change of pace RB. Sorry to lose him but glad he got paid.

As long as Dalvin Cook comes back healthy they won't miss him.

McKinnon is a good 3rd down back, but I doubt he will work out well as the primary back. Murray restructured his contract with the Vikings in order to stay. Looks like the Vikes are also trying to add Sheldon Richardson and possibly Tyrann Mathieu.

Suh and Donald on the same dline. Scary

some real exciting moves. Jordy Nelson cut, Richard Sherman signs with the 49ers, Suh cut, Sammy Watkins signs with the Chiefs, Landry traded to the Browns, my Bills move up to 12th in the draft (they’re probably going to move up more because they have a ton of picks, Cousins signs with the Vikings. I can’t remember an NFL off season this exciting
Rams got Suh? That was a good get if you can control him.

some real exciting moves. Jordy Nelson cut, Richard Sherman signs with the 49ers, Suh cut, Sammy Watkins signs with the Chiefs, Landry traded to the Browns, my Bills move up to 12th in the draft (they’re probably going to move up more because they have a ton of picks, Cousins signs with the Vikings. I can’t remember an NFL off season this exciting
Rams got Suh? That was a good get if you can control him.

It's a 1 year deal, so if it goes badly, they aren't on the hook for long.

Forum List

Back