NFL Films ranks Tebow above Earl Campbell and Marcus Allen

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
NFL Films rates Tebow ahead of Earl Campbell, Marcus Allen

Dear Steve Sabol,

We almost universally enjoy the fine, often Emmy Award-winning products you and your esteemed colleagues consistently churn out at NFL Films and usually confine our quibbles to the office, living room or barstool.

But you blew it Monday night when NFL Network debuted the NFL Films-produced Top 10 Heisman Winners in the NFL. The list (and to limit any confusion, it ranks the NFL accomplishments of former Heisman Trophy winners):

Barry Sanders
Roger Staubach
O.J. Simpson
Paul Hornung
Charles Woodson
Tony Dorsett
Tim Tebow
Earl Campbell
Marcus Allen
Cam Newton

As they say over at ESPN, "C'mon, man!"

Last edited:
Seriously, I like Tebow and Doug Flutie should be on there before Tebow or Newton at this point in their respective careers.

Dear Steve Sabol,

We almost universally enjoy the fine, often Emmy Award-winning products you and your esteemed colleagues consistently churn out at NFL Films and usually confine our quibbles to the office, living room or barstool.

But you blew it Monday night when NFL Network debuted the NFL Films-produced Top 10 Heisman Winners in the NFL. The list (and to limit any confusion, it ranks the NFL accomplishments of former Heisman Trophy winners):

Barry Sanders
Roger Staubach
O.J. Simpson
Paul Hornung
Charles Woodson
Tony Dorsett
Tim Tebow
Earl Campbell
Marcus Allen
Cam Newton

The Heisman is a poularity contest.Christians and women love Jesbow.

This is an easy list to compile because there's really only about 10 Heisman winners who even managed to have a decent NFL career, let alone a good one.

mine is earl campbell or marcus allen ..bar none

saw and witness both...good stuff

I can't disagree with BS as the number pick. Statistics can be misleading with running backs and sometimes you just have to watch them run to be able to judge them.

YOu knew what the offensive game plan was for the Cowboys in '88.

Just give the ball to Barry. Everyone knew what the next play was. It didn't matter, nobody could catch him. I never saw Jim Brown play, but I can safely say that my list of greatest running backs ever is:

1. Barry Sanders
2. OJ Simpson
3. Who cares.... maybe Dorsett.

I can't disagree with BS as the number pick. Statistics can be misleading with running backs and sometimes you just have to watch them run to be able to judge them.

Just give the ball to Barry. Everyone knew what the next play was. It didn't matter, nobody could catch him. I never saw Jim Brown play, but I can safely say that my list of greatest running backs ever is:

1. Barry Sanders
2. OJ Simpson

Barry Sanders spent his entire career with the DETROIT LIONS (not the "Cowboys").

As for other great running backs, C'MON MAN!

Walter Payton (broke Jim Brown's yardage record).
Jim Brown (probably the best of them all).
Emmitt Smith (all-time leader in yardage).
Marshall Faulk (most versatile running back ever?).
Earl Campbell (grossly underrated. Easily a top 10 all-time running back).
Eric Dickerson.
Franco Harris.
I would put O.J. Simpson in there too, but MURDERERS are automatically disqualified for my list.

I know I missed quite a few other great ones. Thurman Thomas comes to mind, and maybe Terrell Davis. Curtis Martin just made the H-O-F.

Dear Steve Sabol,

Barry Sanders
Roger Staubach
O.J. Simpson
Paul Hornung
Charles Woodson
Tony Dorsett
Tim Tebow
Earl Campbell
Marcus Allen
Cam Newton

:stupid: :wink_2:

Barry Sanders spent his entire career with the DETROIT LIONS (not the "Cowboys").

I know I missed quite a few other great ones. Thurman Thomas comes to mind
Thurman Thomas... the other great Cowboy running back... of course.

They played at the same time. I remember it well. I'm not a Cowboy fan and I don't think that there are any on board, but I know some itrw and I can promise you that BS is considered by far the greatest Cowboy running back by the faithful. Thurman Thomas is probably number 2, but a long pause and a head scratch and then a "well,,,, probably"

It's tough being a Cowboy fan. They finish a distant second in the contest to be the most popular team in their home state. Even in a year when they were one late season loss away from a shot to play for all the marbles people still don't really know who they are.

Dear Steve Sabol,

Barry Sanders
Roger Staubach
O.J. Simpson
Paul Hornung
Charles Woodson
Tony Dorsett
Tim Tebow
Earl Campbell
Marcus Allen
Cam Newton

Somebody needs to get "Jacked up!"

seriously, one fucking season can not put him even on the list.

1. Barry Sanders
2. OJ Simpson

Walter Payton (broke Jim Brown's yardage record).
Jim Brown (probably the best of them all).
Emmitt Smith (all-time leader in yardage).
Marshall Faulk (most versatile running back ever?).
Earl Campbell (grossly underrated. Easily a top 10 all-time running back).
Eric Dickerson.
Franco Harris.
I would put O.J. Simpson in there too, but MURDERERS are automatically disqualified for my list.

I know I missed quite a few other great ones. Thurman Thomas comes to mind, and maybe Terrell Davis. Curtis Martin just made the H-O-F.

I think he meant the Oklahoma State Cowboys

Forum List

Back