Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Did you stop watching the NFL?
Do you watch it less?
Do you miss it?

Watched since I was a kid. I stopped a few years ago due to:

1) Commercials
2) Excessive officiating
3) Rules created a Miss Nancy game filled with overpaid male divas.

Still watch it..the whole kneeling thing missed me..Just don't care..as a Vet I served so people could protest..even to extremes.

I do wish they would go back to 1974 rules though..the game used to be more entertaining.

iu

I have watch slightly less and have refuse to watch the pre-game shows. Use to watch no matter the score was but now if the game is blow out I would rather watch "Heidi".

The Heidi Game or Heidi Bowl was an American Football League (AFL) game played on November 17, 1968, between the Oakland Raiders and the visiting New York Jets.

And yes I was watching and yes I am old enough to remember the game.

I began watching football less many years ago because of commercials. I slept most of the 2nd half while watching the Cardinals play the Texans. These commercial breaks do that to me. Woke up in time to see Blaine Gabbert's two interceptions which had me give up at the 2 minute warning.

I've slowed to almost nothing but a glance starting in the late 90s at rule changes, not due to kneeling. Commercials, phantom penalties, clock, pass interference, breaking the plane, kickoffs out of end zone etc.like the other posters. Mostly I hate lack of action but valuable clock time runs. Holding, block in back, illegal contact, hands to face... at any time but looks like all plays? Is some of it Vegas fixed?

I like replay, 25yd extra points, OT rules better, some player safety rules better. Helmet to helmet....but Offensive drops head yet DEF is kicked out? Steroids not stopped.

Last edited:
I began watching football less many years ago because of commercials. I slept most of the 2nd half while watching the Cardinals play the Texans. These commercial breaks do that to me. Woke up in time to see Blaine Gabbert's two interceptions which had me give up at the 2 minute warning.
Once they put the two minute warning in I stopped watching...

Stopped completely and will continue until such time as they remove the disrespect for the country. I don't care what they are protesting, as long as they are doing it on their time, not mine. I don't care that they did not intend to offend people. People are charged with racism all the time who did not intend to offend, yet they get called racists.

I'll continue to host a protest page against the NFL until they just play the effin game and leave their opinions out of it.

I eliminated NFL RedZone package deal due to cost and some about kneeling. Lost home phone, begin to cut cords where I can.

I hope too many people aren't being sucked into some FAUX patriotism by Trump and idiot conservatives! It would be a shame if politics starts making more inroads and really start interfering with SPORTS! It was bad enough when Carter had to take a stand back in '80 and held our athletes out of the Olympics to protest Russian incursion into Afghanistan! If football viewership is down, I prefer to think we're smarter than that and it's just a fact "there's more choices out there!" I personally haven't watched much of baseball the last several years; even when my own Cubs won it all last year! It had little to do with politics I can tell you! Gawd save us from idiots! :9: :321: :dunno: :rolleyes:

My team, the Broncos are probably the worst they have ever been in the team's history. I give up, how is Green Bay doing this year?

I cut the cord in 2011, so I quit cold turkey in terms of watching it live. However, I was never big on watching live sports on TV. I really only enjoy it when I'm watching it with friends with some beer and food. I mostly just follow highlights/news. I do like to get together with friends and watch the NBA finals, the Super Bowl, etc. Other than that, I can do without it.

But when I'm at home by myself, I'd much rather watch YouTube, read the news, play some online poker for fake money (up to $3 million in fake money lol), or play some video games real quick.

Thanksgiving is coming up

Of course I am watching

Forum List

Back