NFL Conference Championships next Sunday.

Kansas isn’t usually used as an abbreviation for Kansas City. KC would be the usual ;);)

Guys, seriously. Try to control your triggered Aspergers. I really thought that since I had only been talking about The Kansas City Chiefs and the The Tennessee Titans having repeatedly used the abbreviation KC, I could mix it up a little bit, linguistically speaking, by saying "Kansas" just one time and save myself the "City" here without starting a major debate and English lesson! :rolleyes:

I should have known better.

Now about those Boston Patriots . . .

It's not a major point, it's just not Kansas.

Sure it is. Kansas is a subset / abbreviation of Kansas City, just as KC or even K is. When I said Kansas, did you think I was referring to some other team? There are only FOUR teams playing anymore and Kansas City is the only one I know of with the word "Kansas" in it.

But I get it. Your anal-retentiveness just could not let it pass without pointing out that the Chiefs are headquarters in Kansas City Missouri, even though no one was talking about geography and there is also a Kansas City Kansas, which is all part of the same metropolitan area on the border between the two states separated by the Missouri River.

Maybe I should have just said Missouri, or the Missouri Chiefs, then there could not have been any misunderstanding.

Dude, I'm just saying the Chiefs play in Kansas City Missouri, not Kansas City Kansas and nobody calls them 'Kansas' as an abbreviation. I don't really want to debate the point I just thought you thought they were from a different state and the more you reply the more I'm sure of it.

Are you aware that the New York Giants practice and play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey?

The next time someone refers to the New York Giants in a conversation as NY, you should make sure and tell them. Several times, if necessary.

I'm originally from NY, and I say f*ck those Jersey bastards. Same for the Jets. :lol:

Have you ever read or heard someone refer to a Kansas City team as Kansas before, I wonder? It WAS a pretty weird way to name them. :dunno:

I'll take the Chiefs by seven, IF they're able to prevent Henry from running wild. And I'll take the 49ers by ten, I believe they're a MUCH better team than the Packers. Then I'll take the 49ers by ten against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It really seems like it's the 49ers time to win it all.
Tennessee did beat KC in the regular season but Mahomes was still out with the knee injury.
And the one advantage Green Bay has is Aaron Rodgers' experience. ( but we see how that went with Brady and Brees last week)

Actually Mahomes played in the regular season loss to the Titans. It was his first game back after returning from the knee injury. If I recall correctly he passed for 3 TD's.

I'll take the Chiefs by seven, IF they're able to prevent Henry from running wild. And I'll take the 49ers by ten, I believe they're a MUCH better team than the Packers. Then I'll take the 49ers by ten against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It really seems like it's the 49ers time to win it all.
Tennessee did beat KC in the regular season but Mahomes was still out with the knee injury.
And the one advantage Green Bay has is Aaron Rodgers' experience. ( but we see how that went with Brady and Brees last week)

Actually Mahomes played in the regular season loss to the Titans. It was his first game back after returning from the knee injury. If I recall correctly he passed for 3 TD's.

His stats from that game:

36/50 446 yds 3 td 0 int

His stats from that game:

36/50 446 yds 3 td 0 int

Correct, Hill and Kelce both had good games as I recall, but their defense struggled.

Guys, seriously. Try to control your triggered Aspergers. I really thought that since I had only been talking about The Kansas City Chiefs and the The Tennessee Titans having repeatedly used the abbreviation KC, I could mix it up a little bit, linguistically speaking, by saying "Kansas" just one time and save myself the "City" here without starting a major debate and English lesson! :rolleyes:

I should have known better.

Now about those Boston Patriots . . .

Sure it is. Kansas is a subset / abbreviation of Kansas City, just as KC or even K is. When I said Kansas, did you think I was referring to some other team? There are only FOUR teams playing anymore and Kansas City is the only one I know of with the word "Kansas" in it.

But I get it. Your anal-retentiveness just could not let it pass without pointing out that the Chiefs are headquarters in Kansas City Missouri, even though no one was talking about geography and there is also a Kansas City Kansas, which is all part of the same metropolitan area on the border between the two states separated by the Missouri River.

Maybe I should have just said Missouri, or the Missouri Chiefs, then there could not have been any misunderstanding.

Dude, I'm just saying the Chiefs play in Kansas City Missouri, not Kansas City Kansas and nobody calls them 'Kansas' as an abbreviation. I don't really want to debate the point I just thought you thought they were from a different state and the more you reply the more I'm sure of it.

Are you aware that the New York Giants practice and play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey?

The next time someone refers to the New York Giants in a conversation as NY, you should make sure and tell them. Several times, if necessary.

I'm originally from NY, and I say f*ck those Jersey bastards. Same for the Jets. :lol:

Have you ever read or heard someone refer to a Kansas City team as Kansas before, I wonder? It WAS a pretty weird way to name them. :dunno:

It's an abbreviation of their name! No different than saying 'Tampa" instead of Tampa Bay, or calling Seattle the 'Hawks. Just because the Chief's name happens to have a state name in it does not mean that just because you shorten Kansas City to Kansas, you are saying they must then play for or in the state of Kansas. I really thought this was all pretty easy, obvious, grade school stuff, especially to our elite Left who are always telling us how educated and intelligent they are---- adults are supposed to learn to interpret things accurately in their CONTEXTUAL USAGE as part of growing up. Like I said, I think we have major high level autism (ASD) going on here apparently. :rolleyes:

It's an abbreviation of their name! No different than saying 'Tampa" instead of Tampa Bay, or calling Seattle the 'Hawks. Just because the Chief's name happens to have a state name in it does not mean that just because you shorten Kansas City to Kansas, you are saying they must then play for or in the state of Kansas. I really thought this was all pretty easy, obvious, grade school stuff, especially to our elite Left who are always telling us how educated and intelligent they are---- adults are supposed to learn to interpret things accurately in their CONTEXTUAL USAGE as part of growing up. Like I said, I think we have major high level autism (ASD) going on here apparently. :rolleyes:

Just admit you were wrong and move on with your life.

It's just weird. I don't think I have ever seen or heard anyone use Kansas when naming a Kansas City sports team before. Why that's the case when Tampa can be substituted for Tampa Bay, I'm not sure....other than the city is Tampa, not Tampa Bay.

No, it doesn't mean that you were talking about the state of Kansas. It is just a very unusual way to say it. I'm not sure why you are so adamant that it is not odd to phrase it that way.

Never ever have I heard the name Kansas Chiefs or Kansas Royals.

And considering they are both located in MISSOURI that would be a stupid thing to call them.

Also, they are basically in Independence Missouri. May be a KC address but it's the Independence area

Last edited:

It's just weird. I don't think I have ever seen or heard anyone use Kansas when naming a Kansas City sports team before. Why that's the case when Tampa can be substituted for Tampa Bay, I'm not sure....other than the city is Tampa, not Tampa Bay.

No, it doesn't mean that you were talking about the state of Kansas. It is just a very unusual way to say it. I'm not sure why you are so adamant that it is not odd to phrase it that way.

Not adamant, just, as already stated like 10 times, just trying to shorten or abbreviate from typing out Kansas City over and over and looking for something other than KC to keep saying over and over as well. (I think 'KC' reminds me of "KC and the Sunshine Band). If I was talking about the Chiefs and the Titans, would you find it strange if I just said Kansas City and Tenn, instead of Tennessee? You'd know I meant the Titans, right?

The point of an abbreviation is just that: to abbreviate. Just so long as it is done in a context to which the reader understands the reference.

There are no other NFL teams I know of with "Kansas" in their name.

Not adamant, just, as already stated like 10 times, just trying to shorten or abbreviate from typing out Kansas City over and over and looking for something other than KC to keep saying over and over as well. (I think 'KC' reminds me of "KC and the Sunshine Band). If I was talking about the Chiefs and the Titans, would you find it strange if I just said Kansas City and Tenn, instead of Tennessee? You'd know I meant the Titans, right?

The point of an abbreviation is just that: to abbreviate. Just so long as it is done in a context to which the reader understands the reference.

There are no other NFL teams I know of with "Kansas" in their name.

Some abbreviations are odd. No, I wouldn't find it strange for you to abbreviate Tennessee as Tenn, because that's a fairly common abbreviation. If, on the other hand, you decided to say the New Giants, I would find it quite odd. *side note: that might actually be an abbreviation I could get behind, since they play in Jersey :lol:*

It doesn't help that Kansas is also a state. That makes using Kansas as the abbreviation further odd-sounding.

I don't particularly care what your reasons were for choosing to use Kansas when talking about the Chiefs. I'm just telling you that doing so sounds decidedly odd. That isn't just me, as others have echoed the sentiment. You can do with that information what you want. :)

I already said earlier I think the chiefs will win sunday,Did say anything about the NFC champion.I have a hunch there will be an upset and the packers will win. Not because of the play of Aaron Rodgers or because of any particular matchups but because of a reason nobody here will believe me if my hunch turns out to be right.. wont be able to come back on the computer again till tuesday so i will explain why i picked the packers then.

I already said earlier I think the chiefs will win sunday,Did say anything about the NFC champion.I have a hunch there will be an upset and the packers will win. Not because of the play of Aaron Rodgers or because of any particular matchups but because of a reason nobody here will believe me if my hunch turns out to be right.. wont be able to come back on the computer again till tuesday so i will explain why i picked the packers then.

And if the Niners win, what will you offer?

Forum List

Back