NFL Conference Championships next Sunday.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Can we jump right into it ?
I'm going with KC v SF in the Super Bowl.
In the AFC, all due respect to Tennessee for 2 great games against the Pats and Ravens, but the Chiefs are just way too good. And NFC, I hate to bet against Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers but I like the Niners at home in a really close one.

Titans
@ Chiefs - starts at 3 pm Eastern

Packers @ 49ers - starts at 6:40 Eastern

NFL Football Scores - NFL Scoreboard - ESPN

Titans leave me shaking my head
Two impressive victories with Henry destroying defenses in the fourth quarter.

In the AFC, all due respect to Tennessee for 2 great games against the Pats and Ravens, but the Chiefs are just way too good. And NFC, I hate to bet against Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers but I like the Niners at home in a really close one.

Titans

I'll take the Chiefs by seven, IF they're able to prevent Henry from running wild. And I'll take the 49ers by ten, I believe they're a MUCH better team than the Packers. Then I'll take the 49ers by ten against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It really seems like it's the 49ers time to win it all.

I'll take the Chiefs by seven, IF they're able to prevent Henry from running wild. And I'll take the 49ers by ten, I believe they're a MUCH better team than the Packers. Then I'll take the 49ers by ten against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It really seems like it's the 49ers time to win it all.
Tennessee did beat KC in the regular season but Mahomes was still out with the knee injury.
And the one advantage Green Bay has is Aaron Rodgers' experience. ( but we see how that went with Brady and Brees last week)

I think Chiefs are going to be all over the Titans. The Titans defense isn't great against the pass and their run game won't keep up.

49ers over Green Bay, the San Francisco defense should be able to handle Green Bay and their offense is better than most give them credit for. That said I'm a longtime Niner fan and I remember the days when we couldn't buy a win against the Packers. So, ya' never know. Just glad it's not Seattle.

Any combo of teams that get in the SB it should be a good game. If it's KC and SF I'll....hmm, that's a tough call.

Titans

Don't count the Titans out just yet. The Titans won't let KC do what the Texans did. The Titans offense will never get off the field running the clock all day long with Henry that poor Mahome's butt will be sore wishing he could just get on the field!

Keep in mind, the Titans just beat the Superbowl champs AND the #1 seed that usually wins super bowls that everyone assumed would be in the game if not winning it! And they spanked their asses.

But I agree, a KC - SF game appears likely. Whatever the case, the AFC wins.

Titans leave me shaking my head
Two impressive victories with Henry destroying defenses in the fourth quarter.
If the Titans can control the clock and keep
Mahomes on the sideline, get a couple turnovers, they have a good shot.
I blew them off as pretenders in the last two games
But they took out tough NE and Baltimore teams and I wouldn’t be surprised at anything they do

They may be peaking at the right time

The Chiefs need to put pressure on Henry and let Tannehill beat them. Andy Reid has the chance to get the schneid off his bank and guarantee his status as a Hall of Famer this year if he was not going in now. Its all there for him. Its his turn. Long overdue...

I think we get a repeat of the first SB - Green Bay Packers vs Kansas City Chiefs. This time, I think the Chiefs win.
I'm feeling that too.
Except I don't think the Packers will beat the 49ers. The Niners have a much better team. The Packers MAY be the worst 13-3 regular season team all-time.
Yeah, the Niners looked really tough. Then again, I never thought anyone would crush the Ravens either. On any given Sunday...

As much as I hate the Packers, I think you are underestimating them here. Their defense is playing better than they have in years. Rodgers hasn't had the kind of year he has had in the past, but he just showed he can still get it done. That, and the refs love the Pukers, so they'll probably get the benefit of any close calls.

Tennessee did beat KC in the regular season but Mahomes was still out with the knee injury.
And the one advantage Green Bay has is Aaron Rodgers' experience. ( but we see how that went with Brady and Brees last week)

yeah thats WHY I think the chiefs will FINALLY get to their first superbowl since i think it was 1969. damn thats too long.that would be SOOOO awesome to see a team thats gone so long without being there get in. hope the chiefs do it this year then someday down the road the jets can as well,they been gone from it equally as long.

talking in more on the chiefs,man i really think this is their year of FINALLY getting back to the superbowl as well.i did not see the game but when a friend told me they were down 24 nothing i said -oh its over,they are going to lose again.this is going to be a major upset. then i later heard news that after halftime they had the lead and i was saying-you kidding me? so i had to turn it on and watch the rest of. this team NEVER gives up,they never feel like they areout of the game and mahomes really elevates their game and they all feed off him cause he has so much confidance. i have no doubt whatsoever if this guy is not an injury prone quarterback which ithere is no reason to believe he wont be,then he is going to be the greatest QB ever to lay the game. phill simms and boomer esiason were saying at the halftime show he is the best quarterback in the NFL right now. the guy in his FIRST year set all these records and he plays like a ten year veteran.

im surprised the seahawks game was as close as it was.thought the pack would blow them out,hate both teams so sure hope the niners win sunday.

Last edited:
I think we get a repeat of the first SB - Green Bay Packers vs Kansas City Chiefs. This time, I think the Chiefs win.
I'm feeling that too.
Except I don't think the Packers will beat the 49ers. The Niners have a much better team. The Packers MAY be the worst 13-3 regular season team all-time.
Guys like Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning play well under pressure and just good enough to win.

I'm going with the 49ers over the Chiefs in the SB.

Tennessee has been amazing, I just can't see them doing it yet again. That probably means they will win it all, of course. :lol:

Green Bay should be tough for the 49ers, but with Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander both healthy again, the Niners D is going to be very hard to get by. The biggest potential problem I see for the 49ers is Jimmy G. Can he play a good game, especially if the Packers can slow down the running game and pressure him on dropbacks? He has been up and down all season, and threw a few stinkers against the Vikings.

Forum List

Back