NFL concerned 4 Rams-Saints refs are from California in jaw-dropper

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Oh my.

Lawsuits are being processed as I type this, from season ticket holders. Now this.

What's going on in California?

NFL concerned 4 Rams-Saints refs are from California in jaw-dropper

There are some around the NFL wondering if the NFC Championship problem was not the officials’ eyes, brain or judgment, but their past or present addresses.

In actual NFL whispers that sound closer to inane commentary from the bleachers, ESPN reported Sunday there is concern around the league that four officials with Southern California ties worked the Saints-Rams game that ended in controversy and New Orleans fury.

The piece cautions that the NFL does not actually believe the game was fixed and that these Angelenos skillfully directed a close game into overtime and ensured a Rams victory. However, there are some around the league concerned with the peripherals of the refs’ backgrounds, especially because those most responsible for blowing the Nickell Robey-Coleman-Tommylee Lewis pass-interference call near the end of regulation are from or live in California.

Had the Saints not thrown an interception in overtime they probably would have won. Had the Saints capitalized in the first quarter, they could have been up 21-0 after the first quarter. The non-call was terrible, however there were lots of factor that determined the game. Time to move on to the Super Bowl.

Had the Saints not thrown an interception in overtime they probably would have won. Had the Saints capitalized in the first quarter, they could have been up 21-0 after the first quarter. The non-call was terrible, however there were lots of factor that determined the game. Time to move on to the Super Bowl.

I just hope they lose to the Patriots. It would be a righteous outcome.

I hope they beat them like the Chargers.

I would have rather seen the Saints in the Super Bowl, I hate the Rams and the Patriots. I will watch the game and will enjoy watching the young coach and QB playing the old coach and QB and I'm sure it will live up to the hype.

I wonder how much longer the Patriots will continue to win with Brady and Bellichick, they have had a rare run.

I didn't think Goff was a good QB coming out of college but he has sure proved me wrong.

I would have rather seen the Saints in the Super Bowl, I hate the Rams and the Patriots. I will watch the game and will enjoy watching the young coach and QB playing the old coach and QB and I'm sure it will live up to the hype.

I wonder how much longer the Patriots will continue to win with Brady and Bellichick, they have had a rare run.

I didn't think Goff was a good QB coming out of college but he has sure proved me wrong.

Not just a rare run, an unprecedented run. Bradt wants to play until age 45, "depending on the situation". That's 3 more after this one I believe.

I don't blame him. Do it right, you only get one go around. Set records that will stand for a century.

Not just a rare run, an unprecedented run. Bradt wants to play until age 45, "depending on the situation". That's 3 more after this one I believe.

I don't blame him. Do it right, you only get one go around. Set records that will stand for a century.
Mahomes will wreck his records.

Only 17 more seasons to go.

Only 17 more seasons to go.
I have no doubt about Mahomes becoming the goat barring some career ending injury or fiasco. NO DOUBT

Had the Saints not thrown an interception in overtime they probably would have won.

True, but every time I see a really wacko call go against a team that is outrageous, it always seems to throw that team off of mental focus while giving momentum to the other side. Brees threw that ball on his heels backing up under pressure, and it was just a lucky catch by LA whose hands it fell right into. New Orleans never played focused again after that crazy PI call. If Refs don't deliberately call bad plays, they certainly wield the power to change the direction of games with apparent impunity.

the corrupt NFL cartel of course is NOT interested in how the cheatriots have had the refs in their pockets for almost two DECADES now and not concerned of course that they get away with scandal after scandal and lie and cheat constantly with the refs fixing their games to win in the playoffs most the time,oh no cant be concerned about any scandals like that,cant be concerned about an organization that has tainted a great sport,no sirree bob.:cuckoo::rolleyes:

wrong
they usually call PI if a defender so much as looks at at receiver
first down and LA does not get the time to win --plain and simple
LA will always be known as the team that didn't deserve to be in the SB

Forum List

Back