NFL commissioner sends letter to all teams telling players to STAND during National Anthem

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Well now the power struggle should be interesting to watch unfold. He promises some type of in season platform to recognize their political points. THAT is when I WILL tune out. As I've stated all along I don't give a damn about these players political or social agendas. Give them their special one hour episode on tv to cry fake tears just left me know when & what channel so I can avoid it like the plague that it is.

Goodell sends letter, wants players to stand

Well now the power struggle should be interesting to watch unfold. He promises some type of in season platform to recognize their political points. THAT is when I WILL tune out. As I've stated all along I don't give a damn about these players political or social agendas.

And why didn't you tune out when the Pentagon used your tax dollars to inject that political platform into pro sports in the first place?

Hm?

How do you think it got there? Tooth Fairy?

Funny, a week or two ago there were armchair quarterbacks all over this board claiming that was already in the NFL rules.

Guess they were wrong huh?

mudwhistle

• Banned
Well now the power struggle should be interesting to watch unfold. He promises some type of in season platform to recognize their political points. THAT is when I WILL tune out. As I've stated all along I don't give a damn about these players political or social agendas.

And why didn't you tune out when the Pentagon used your tax dollars to inject that political platform into pro sports in the first place?

Hm?

Funny, a week or two ago there were armchair quarterbacks all over this board claiming that was already in the NFL rules.

mudwhistle
I don't consider our national anthem political. I think anyone that does is a special kind of snowflake.

Hm?

mudwhistle
I don't consider our national anthem political. I think anyone that does is a special kind of snowflake.

Injecting it into football games and baseball games isn't political? :wtf:

Way to run away from the obvious point. Acting stupid always works.

If your team and another team plays a game and nobody played the NA ---- does the game count?
What if you didn't play it until the 7th inning? Did the first 6½ just -------- not happen?

Here's a quick and easy way to put this entire bullshit to rest:
-------- Explain the function of a national anthem (any national anthem) in a baseball or football game that is not part of the Olympics.

Nobody's ever done that. Ever.

Last edited:

Hm?

mudwhistle

If your team and another team plays a game and nobody played the NA ---- does the game count?
What if you didn't play it until the 7th inning? Did the first 6½ just -------- not happen?

-------- Explain the function of a national anthem (any national anthem) in a baseball or football game that is not part of the Olympics.

Do we play a national anthem before a music concert? A church service? A wedding? A funeral?
Does a circus open with a national anthem? A flea market? A cattle auction?

Do you have to stand for the national anthem when you walk into a grocery store? Or stop at a red light? If I go out to cut my lawn do I have to play the frickin' national anthem first?

Why not? Same function in each one.

Or do you just accept it whenever some authority decrees "assume the position"?

Hm?

mudwhistle

No, stupid, patriotism is not political. Political would be espousing a particular party's views. If you hate your country you should leave.

Hm?

mudwhistle

Do we play a national anthem before a music concert? A church service? A wedding? A funeral?
Does a circus open with a national anthem? A flea market? A cattle auction?

Do you have to stand for the national anthem when you walk into a grocery store? Or stop at a red light? If I go out to cut my lawn do I have to play the frickin' national anthem first?

Why not? Same function in each one.

Or do you just accept it whenever some authority decrees "assume the position"?

Why doesn't this site force us to sit through the national anthem before we post here?
Is it run by COMMIES? :ack-1:

Why do they hate America?

Hm?

po·lit·i·cal
pəˈlidək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: political
relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

mudwhistle

Hm?

mudwhistle

No, stupid, patriotism is not political. Political would be espousing a particular party's views. If you hate your country you should leave.

po·lit·i·cal
pəˈlidək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: political
relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

Does the national anthem somehow not relate to the government?

What's it about? War. Who wages war? Warmongers Local 53? The Rotary Club?

On the other hand ---
Do the workings of a baseball or football game relate to the government or public affairs of a country? Any country? Does Panama get invaded if Mariano Rivera notches a save?

Hm?

mudwhistle

An expression of NATIONAL PRIDE.

There, now you're educated and can't claim no one has ever told you.

Do you only tell your children that you love them on their birthday? Any other day would just be silly based on your asinine position.

Hm?

mudwhistle

An expression of NATIONAL PRIDE.

There, now you're educated and can't claim no one has ever told you.

What the fuck does that have to do with the game?

You can't answer that, Kenya?

"National pride" is it? That's why we play a US national anthem before watching a baseball game played by Cubans and Canadians and Dominicans and Japanese and Venezuelans and Taiwanese and Antilleans and Mexicans and Australians and Colombians? "National pride"? In what?

Why aren't we doing it at the fitness center? Or a tire store? Or a Halowe'en party?

On the other hand what does it mean when some Authority Figure orders politics to be injected into an event that has absolutely zero to do with the government or politics, just because it has a captive audience?

Ever think of that? And why would it serve them to do that?

Hm?

Holy shit does nobody think of these things on their own?

Last edited:

Hm?

mudwhistle

Doesn’t matter when it’s played, stand you’re ass up and enjoy the benefits of living here, or you could always move to a better country if this one has treated you so badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More nonsensical bullshit from the delicate pogo.
I fly a flag at my house. Businesses fly flags at their establishments.

I guess that's more fascism huh? According to Pogo national pride is only allowed to be shown at a government function or building....

What a fucking tard

Hm?

mudwhistle

Doesn’t matter when it’s played, stand you’re ass up and enjoy the benefits of living here, or you could always move to a better country if this one has treated you so badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading is a lost art. A loss that prolly emanates from an issue in which one is so invested that one takes the time to post from one's phone while waiting for the red light to change....

I posted nothing about how any country "treated" anybody. I asked what the flying fuck a national anthem, or any other political bullshit, has to do with a baseball or football game.

There's no answer to that question, so rather than face it and admit there's no answer, you try to change the question.

More nonsensical bullshit from the delicate pogo.
I fly a flag at my house. Businesses fly flags at their establishments.

I guess that's more fascism huh? According to Pogo national pride is only allowed to be shown at a government function or building....

What a fucking tard

Another one that can't handle the question so he trots in his own strawman.

Answer the questions. NOW. What is the function of a national anthem in a sports event?

I don't want diversions on what you choose to do voluntarily at your house. Irrelevant.
I don't want diversions on what some sprawling car dealer chooses to do on his lot. Irrelevant.
I don't want to hear about fricking children's birthday parties. Irrelevant.

I want to know why it's injected into sports events when it's clearly in no way required to play that game.

Y'all are twisting and turning every which way to avoid that question.

Last edited:
Well now the power struggle should be interesting to watch unfold. He promises some type of in season platform to recognize their political points. THAT is when I WILL tune out. As I've stated all along I don't give a damn about these players political or social agendas. Give them their special one hour episode on tv to cry fake tears just left me know when & what channel so I can avoid it like the plague that it is.

Can I wear my dr Dee beats headphones and listen to music? Then fine I'll stand.

Only to reinforce the fact that it's "we, the people" who make the decisions.

No, stupid, it's about something worth fighting for...freedom (even if people like you don't appreciate it).

On the other hand ---
Do the workings of a baseball or football game relate to the government or public affairs of a country? Any country? Does Panama get invaded if Mariano Rivera notches a save?
Stop trying to be clever, it doesn't work for you.

Only to reinforce the fact that it's "we, the people" who make the decisions.

No, stupid, it's about something worth fighting for...freedom (even if people like you don't appreciate it).

On the other hand ---
Stop trying to be clever, it doesn't work for you.

See what I mean? The question can't be answered.

It's deliberately set up that way. The political insertion into a sporting event ---- cannot be justified. If it could, somebody would have come up with that justification.

You can't do it.
Ever play baseball, football, basketball as a kid? Little League, or simple streetball/backyard ball?

Did you play a national anthem first?
In the absence of it, did you play the game anyway?
Duh?

Forum List

Back