NFL Championship picks

Saints over Patriots in Super Bowl.

I expect Belechick to completely confuse and confound the Chiefs QB.
The Chiefs Defense looks incredible though. Nobody gets rid of the ball faster than Brady so I think it may be neutralized somewhat.

View attachment 240433

Option A.

I have no problem with The Saints and Brees winning another Super Bowl. No more Pats/Brady, though!

The Chiefs Defense looks incredible though. Nobody gets rid of the ball faster than Brady so I think it may be neutralized somewhat.

View attachment 240433

Option A.

I have no problem with The Saints and Brees winning another Super Bowl. No more Pats/Brady, though!

I think it’s shaping up well for them.

View attachment 240433

Option A.

you MEAN no more cheats/Brady though.:abgg2q.jpg:

The way the saints played against the eagles.I am sot so sure they make it to the superbowl. The saints were umimpressive in their win over the Eagles and they have played poorly down the stretch.the ONLY reason I am picking them is because my Rams were also not impressive in their win against the cowturds.

a stat the announcers mentioned in the rams/cowboys game is the cowboys defense plays very well at home,but on the road it is a much different story where they gave up many more yards and poiints on the road vs at home and EVEN THOUGH that was the case,the Rams STILL could only score two field goals on their first two possessions.field goals wont get it done against the saints which is WHY i am picking them and more than anything they are at home.

I think they will win but dont be the least shocked if the Rams pull an upset.they could play much better than they did last week and start scoring touchdowns and the saints could continue on with their unimpressive play the last month.sure they were winning but they were only scoring under 20 points a game.they have not been the powerhouse we were used to most the season.

In fact I am almost tempted to pick the Rams because now i understand why the saints offense is not racking them up on the board.their offensive line is battered

For the Rams, the key is up front. The Saints' offensive line is battered, and Aaron Donald is the likely Defensive Player of the Year for a reason. If he and Ndamukong Suh can wreak havoc on the Saints in the trenches -- particularly with the revelation that Andrus Peat is playing with a broken hand -- then they can force the Saints to throw the ball often.
Rams vs. Saints: How to watch, stream, odds, picks for 2019 NFC Championship Game

Last edited:

View attachment 240433

Option A.

The way the saints played against the eagles.I am sot so sure they make it to the superbowl. The saints were umimpressive in their win over the Eagles and they have played poorly down the stretch.the ONLY reason I am picking them is because my Rams were also not impressive in their win against the cowturds.

a stat the announcers mentioned in the rams/cowboys game is the cowboys defense plays very well at home,but on the road it is a much different story where they gave up many more yards and poiints on the road vs at home and EVEN THOUGH that was the case,the Rams STILL could only score two field goals on their first two possessions.field goals wont get it done against the saints which is WHY i am picking them and more than anything they are at home.

I think they will win but dont be the least shocked if the Rams pull an upset.they could play much better than they did last week and start scoring touchdowns and the saints could continue on with their unimpressive play the last month.sure they were winning but they were only scoring under 20 points a game.they have not been the powerhouse we were used to most the season.

In fact I am almost tempted to pick the Rams because now i understand why the saints offense is not racking them up on the board.their offensive line is battered

For the Rams, the key is up front. The Saints' offensive line is battered, and Aaron Donald is the likely Defensive Player of the Year for a reason. If he and Ndamukong Suh can wreak havoc on the Saints in the trenches -- particularly with the revelation that Andrus Peat is playing with a broken hand -- then they can force the Saints to throw the ball often.
Rams vs. Saints: How to watch, stream, odds, picks for 2019 NFC Championship Game

In some ways I think the Saints were the most impressive team in the Divisional round. They were the only team which overcame adversity. The game started off looking like the Eagles were going to run away with it in a blowout: instead, the Saints shut them out after those initial 2 touchdown drives.

There were a lot of things for the Saints to be concerned about. Giving up those 2 touchdowns early was not good. The poor play call/execution which led to Kamara losing yardage and giving Lutz a longer FG attempt, which he them missed giving the Eagles a chance at the end, was also troubling. I wouldn't not be at all shocked to see the Rams win. I'm looking for the Saints D to hold up enough, and the offense to do just enough, to get the win, though.

View attachment 240433

Option A.

In some ways I think the Saints were the most impressive team in the Divisional round. They were the only team which overcame adversity. The game started off looking like the Eagles were going to run away with it in a blowout: instead, the Saints shut them out after those initial 2 touchdown drives.

There were a lot of things for the Saints to be concerned about. Giving up those 2 touchdowns early was not good. The poor play call/execution which led to Kamara losing yardage and giving Lutz a longer FG attempt, which he them missed giving the Eagles a chance at the end, was also troubling. I wouldn't not be at all shocked to see the Rams win. I'm looking for the Saints D to hold up enough, and the offense to do just enough, to get the win, though.

yeah thats true they were the only team to face adversity.Fortunate for the saints they have home field advantage because playing at home was a factor,the fans never gave up on them and were very vocal which was a a big key in their comeback.Had this game been played in Philly,no way would they have won.they would be the ones to have to deal with crowd noise and playing indoors is when breeze is most effective.

View attachment 240433

Option A.

Ugh, I didn't notice my double negative until it became too late to edit. "Wouldn't not" :lol:

View attachment 240433

Option A.

Ugh, I didn't notice my double negative until it became too late to edit. "Wouldn't not" :lol:

I dont get what your talking about?o_O

after seeing these six reasons listed,there is no way i cant pick the saints now.especially after the rams scored two field goals in the beginning against the cowboys who were not a good defense on the road this year.

3 Reasons To Expect The Saints To Wallop The Rams -- Ranked For Your Pleasure

3 Reasons The New Orleans Saints Will Beat The Los Angeles Rams In 2019 NFC Championship Game

I dont get what your talking about?o_O

after seeing these six reasons listed,there is no way i cant pick the saints now.especially after the rams scored two field goals in the beginning against the cowboys who were not a good defense on the road this year.

3 Reasons To Expect The Saints To Wallop The Rams -- Ranked For Your Pleasure

3 Reasons The New Orleans Saints Will Beat The Los Angeles Rams In 2019 NFC Championship Game

In my other post I said "I wouldn't not be at all shocked to see the Rams win." I meant I wouldn't be shocked, not I wouldn't not be shocked. ;)

Phil Simms and Boomer Esiasen are picking the pats to win,thats not a good sign.they might know something we dont.

Rams will beat the saints and pats will beat the Chiefs

Brady loses in the super bowl....again

Phil Simms and Boomer Esiasen are picking the pats to win,thats not a good sign.they might know something we dont.
Lol

They have a crystal ball? Some inside info on cheating? Knowledge about Reid throwing the game?

No?

Oh then they're just GUESSING LIKE THE REST OF US....

Dismissed lol

Lol

They have a crystal ball? Some inside info on cheating? Knowledge about Reid throwing the game?

No?

Dismissed lol

All this futile speculation. The Saints SHOULD win, they are too good and are playing at home, but you can't discount the Ram's chances because I really doubt they are going to show up just to lay down, curl up their toes and die.

Likewise, the Chiefs SHOULD win, they are fabulous, are at home, and the Pats have been horrible on the road this year, but again, can anyone expect New England to arrive unprepared and unmotivated by Belichick? Both he and Brady want that sixth ring to match the Steelers.

You have four teams, any of which could be SB Champions, all either 1st or 2nd seed, and if either game is a blowout rather than a slobber-knocker right down to the last minute, I'd be surprised. With these four teams giving it their all, we may be in for the best football weekend in a very long time.

Lol

No?

Dismissed lol

All this futile speculation. The Saints SHOULD win, they are too good and are playing at home, but you can't discount the Ram's chances because I really doubt they are going to show up just to lay down, curl up their toes and die.

Likewise, the Chiefs SHOULD win, they are fabulous, are at home, and the Pats have been horrible on the road this year, but again, can anyone expect New England to arrive unprepared and unmotivated by Belichick? Both he and Brady want that sixth ring to match the Steelers.

You have four teams, any of which could be SB Champions, all either 1st or 2nd seed, and if either game is a blowout rather than a slobber-knocker right down to the last minute, I'd be surprised. With these four teams giving it their all, we may be in for the best football weekend in a very long time.
Chiefs and Rams are the explosive teams. If they have a bad day they lose. It is simple as that

Mahomes just goes out there and slings it. Right handed, left handed, side armed, under handed, in the pocket, out of the pocket, no look.
How do you confuse that?

Chiefs win huge.

Rivers is a much better quarterback
He is? I don't think so. Not even close.

A QB w/o mobility is seldom a big wiinner. Marino Rivers? Sitting ducks. Give me Mahomes Montana Brees Elway etc. Dan Fouts was a good statue model....but did not win many big ones. Pitt guy is very good in pocket.

Last edited:
Mahomes just goes out there and slings it. Right handed, left handed, side armed, under handed, in the pocket, out of the pocket, no look.
How do you confuse that?
Chiefs win huge.

Rivers is a much better quarterback and he was ready to cry when the Patriots got through with him.

Maybe Rivers will end up being a better QB over their careers, but this year Mahomes has been a better QB than Rivers.

I recall a boxing PPV I bought once. I forget who the guy was but he was facing Roy Jones Jr. The ad for the PPV went something like this. “Will John Doe be the next big thing….or simply just next”. It doesn’t translate very well in written form I guess. Will Mahomey be the next big thing or just the next victim of the NE machine? Every dynasty must fall…does it happen this year?

I think this could be one of those games that ends 42-35 or something like that.

The Pats haven't looked dominant this year, but they dominated the Chargers. I hope it's not yet another run to the Super Bowl for them; they've had enough. I'd like to see someone else go. :lol:

Yeah they did dominate the Chargers but you got to remember that was at HOME where they got the home town refs in their pockets which is why I am so very grateful they are not at home again for the AFC title game.:abgg2q.jpg:

That was WHY i was so much cheering on the chiefs to get home field advantage in the AFC this year not only because of that,but also because they are the one team in the AFC that matches up very well with them.

They not only blew them out in kansas city four years ago but they also blew them out in their own backyard in Boston last year as well and when they do lose to them up in boston,its always by no more than a touchdown so this team is very confidant they can take them especially since they got them at home this time.:5_1_12024:

I thought the chargers would give them more problems and it would be a closer game but i should have known better. two things i did not consider was that the chargers were playing out of their element.

they are not used to weather conditions as bad as they were yesterday but MAINLY because they almost blew it against the pathetic Ravens.a Team who has a quarterback that does not look like an NFL quarterback in the least.Had Flacco been in that game,I think the Ravens would have won for sure.
so I am not impressed with their win against the chargers in the least.

They did have 3 early first possession 3rd down incompletions made good on ticky tacky penalties. 7-0 instead of punting. I was angered over that.

Lol

No?

Dismissed lol

Chiefs and Rams are the explosive teams. If they have a bad day they lose. It is simple as that

I didn't see all that much exploding from the Chiefs against the Colts, or from the Rams against the Cowboys. For that matter, against the Eagles. The Chiefs had a clear victory, yes, the Rams and Saints basically by one TD, only one team stood out explosively to me: New England Pats. I still feel very good about the Pats winning if they have any kind of good day. Brady and Belichick are a synergistic force to reckon with. They are a football winning machine.

This week’s picks are real tough, I believe that all four teams have a 25% to win the Super Bowl. I see no favorites, however I can see complete blowouts. So I have no clue, but here are my picks anyway.

Kansas City taking on New England, I pick Kansas City.

New Orleans taking on the Rams, I pick New Orleans.

And most the arguments for or against a team, I can agree with.

Forum List

Back